Iambe's Good Things - Attempt No 3

Iambe

This year has been a bit awful really. I got off to a pretty good start with the dieting side of things and really do feel like Slimming World is absolutely the right diet choice for me. I know that it works, I've seen excellent results with it. I find it easy to stick to but I allow myself to turn away from choices which ultimately do make me feel happier. On Boxing Day I sat down and decided that there wasn't going to be any of the new year resolution nonsense but there is going to be monthly planning.

At the end of every month I will spend a Sunday morning evaluating the previous month. I'm chosing things which are acheivable. For example...

JANUARY
I will work my hours at least 3 times per week
I will exercise 3 times per week
I will meal plan every week
There will be no additional expenditure beyond the budget unless an emergency
No diet coke

The diet coke rule will be bloody hard to stick to but I will try. I will see what I can acheive by making present and engaged choices. However there is a little hiccup in the plan already in that I have come down with the most evil cold which has immediately gone to sit straight on my chest. It's a bit frustrating because it means that my gym induction booked for tomorrow afternoon may need to be cancelled and they won't be able to fit me in again until the end of the month but that still leaves me with my swimming and I can do that happily without worrying about extra support.

I really want the food and exercise things to work together now. I love being healthy. I really do, I love feeling more on top of things and able to be active so it's just lunacy that I let it go again and again. I'm doing this because I want to be healthy and I want to look after myself. I deserve better treatment from myself.

It begins now.

This weeks meal plan

Picture1.jpg

There is already slippage with this meal plan owing to the general poorliness but that's OK. It's certainly not like I'm putting on weight feeling this rough!

This year has been a bit awful really. I got off to a pretty good start with the dieting side of things and really do feel like Slimming World is absolutely the right diet choice for me. I know that it works, I've seen excellent results with it. I find it easy to stick to but I allow myself to turn away from choices which ultimately do make me feel happier. On Boxing Day I sat down and decided that there wasn't going to be any of the new year resolution nonsense but there is going to be monthly planning.

At the end of every month I will spend a Sunday morning evaluating the previous month. I'm chosing things which are acheivable. For example...

JANUARY
I will work my hours at least 3 times per week
I will exercise 3 times per week
I will meal plan every week
There will be no additional expenditure beyond the budget unless an emergency
No diet coke

The diet coke rule will be bloody hard to stick to but I will try. I will see what I can acheive by making present and engaged choices. However there is a little hiccup in the plan already in that I have come down with the most evil cold which has immediately gone to sit straight on my chest. It's a bit frustrating because it means that my gym induction booked for tomorrow afternoon may need to be cancelled and they won't be able to fit me in again until the end of the month but that still leaves me with my swimming and I can do that happily without worrying about extra support.

I really want the food and exercise things to work together now. I love being healthy. I really do, I love feeling more on top of things and able to be active so it's just lunacy that I let it go again and again. I'm doing this because I want to be healthy and I want to look after myself. I deserve better treatment from myself.

It begins now.

Hi !!!

Welcome love your monthly plan idea !!!
Hope you start to feel better soon !!
With regards to the diet coke I have it up about 8 weeks ago as I couldn't sleep and when I looked why I was having 8 cans a day without even realising the first week was hard as I had such bad headaches !!
And going out is a pain as I always had diet coke now I either have water or see what diet drinks they have as they don't always have a lot off choice !!!
Good luck with your journey x

Awww thanks BabyBuffy - Have a look at Psychologies Magazine, there's been some excellent stuff in there for the new year x

Tuesday turraloolah

Brekkie
This got skipped because I wasn't feeling like I wanted anything

Lunch
2 boiled eggs
HEB toast
3 syns extra bread

Dinner
4 veggie burgers (2 syns)
HEA dairylea lights
Mashed into potato
Cabbage
Gravy (2 syns)

Drank lots water and squash today. It's felt quite nice getting to grips with the things I can drink instead of diet coke. I am so looking forward to not having to rely on diet coke all the time. Thanks BabyBuffy for making me think about going out drinks too. I love soda water so that'll be fine, I'm looking forward to trying new things in place of diet coke.

Taking supplements at the moment as well to try and boost my immune system.

Wednesday woot

Brekkie
Hash brown
Poached egg
Beans

Lunch
Beans
HEB Toast
Extra Toast 3 syns
Spread 3 syns

Dinner
Pasta bolognese

Snacks
Vanilla seeds 5 syns

Managing OK even though I'm feeling really rough. I suspect some of it could have a lot to do with not being able to smell anything LOL...

I'm starting to desperately want to exercise but my chest is awful and I really do need to rest. So wait and be careful and then hey presto I'll be strong enough to really get on with this and will have the added benefit of a boosted immune system when I do. No stress, no poor treatment of myself just lovely good feeling things which will enable me to handle the crappy things.

Food plan for this week...

Picture1.jpg

OK so being totally honest this week has been terrible. The first week was good because I knew I needed to get the nutrients into me and look after myself because I was ill. I seem to have conveniently forgotten that this week. Lunches are fine but breakfasts are crap (often consisting of pastries when I go and get my bottle of diet coke from the Co-op) and evenings I have been suffering from can't be arsed syndrome. So nothing good has been happening but today I've booked the gym induction for tomorrow. I'm drinking low cal squash and not the leftover bottle of diet coke, I'm food planning and have every intention of being a good girl this week.

We shall see where this leads...

Back