Ice cream maker - any tips?

Ive just bought an ice cream maker from Argos, it says to freeze it for 24 hours before using it, i did it twice and its hardly frozen my yoghurt. Im guessing my freezer just isnt cold enough... Am i doing somethig wrong? Ive just ended up puttig the yoghurt partly frozen in the freezer itself in a container.

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

I had the same issue. I borrowed a thermometer and it was only -9C. Turned out my frost free freezer wasn't. Service guy said door was most likely left open a bit and the innards at the back were a solid block of ice.

Give it a total defrost and see if that helps. Worked for me! Now -20C.

Do you have a good syn free frozen yogurt recipe?

I did a search and found lots of recipes

CntrlC said:
I had the same issue. I borrowed a thermometer and it was only -9C. Turned out my frost free freezer wasn't. Service guy said door was most likely left open a bit and the innards at the back were a solid block of ice.

Give it a total defrost and see if that helps. Worked for me! Now -20C.

Do you have a good syn free frozen yogurt recipe?

Yeah ive decided to defrost my freezer, its just a vat of ice lol. Its most probably that. Well ive searched for ideas, and im just making frozen yoghurts with extra bits of fruit in.

Yay!!!! I took your advice about defrosting my freezer, and what do you know... It worked! I put the ice cream bowl in the freezer and took it out this afternoon and it was really frozen. Made some summer fruit sorbet! Yum! Thank you very much for the tip, if it wasnt for you i would of taken my ice cream maker back. Success!!! :-D

You should buy another one, they are pretty cheap, i got mine from Argos at £24.99 buy you can get them on Amazon for £19.99 x

i have a £15 amazon voucher! Ill have a look, i liked the one i had and i now have spare parts for it lol so would quite like same again

Yay!!!! I took your advice about defrosting my freezer, and what do you know... It worked! I put the ice cream bowl in the freezer and took it out this afternoon and it was really frozen. Made some summer fruit sorbet! Yum! Thank you very much for the tip, if it wasnt for you i would of taken my ice cream maker back. Success!!! :-D

Great! Keep an eye on your freezer. If it gets bad again, it might be the seal around the door.

Back