Extra Easy Ice cream

Has anyone made ice cream with fromage frais and yoghurt. I tried it today and it seemed quite easy but I had ice crystals in it even though I took it out of the freezer every twenty minutes and mixed it. I did this three times and then left it to set.

Can anyone tell me why it didn't work for me?:sigh::sigh:

I was going to make this next weekend so am interested to see if anyone else has had the same problems. Do you think your freezer might have something to do with it? We have two and one freezes a lot faster and colder than the other. The difference is amazing!

I brought an ice cream machine. It's amazing I love it. Last night I made lemon sorbet which was lovely, tomorrow night I'm going to make a vanilla ice cream. Yuuuum! Hope the weather continues to stay sunny!

I had the same problems with freezing, as for the ice cream itself well it's edible and is ok in small amounts but it wouldn't be something I'd choose.

I took my tub out the other day and gave it to the dog - much to my surprise she loves it! As for me I think I'll be making my own ice lollies from squash and water or something either that or save my syns for the real ice cream.

i just made plain stuff though, maybe that's where I was going wrong? Is it much better if you mixed in fresh strawberries for example?

Back