icecream tetras

Jayellekay

this time - the last time
Anyone have Amy suggestions as to the best way to do this?

How long should I leave it in the freezer?

Hungry, so wanted to 'eat' something for tea!

I leave mine in for about 3/4 hours, but my freezer isn't very good! It's really nice half frozen too like a smoothies :)

I keep mine in the freezer than take one out 1.5-2 hours before you want it and give the pack a 'squish' ever half hour to make it go softer evenly .. or earlier and keep in fridge .. although not 'recommended ' by cambridge it keeps me on track :)

Wish I'd read this thread before taking my 1st ever ice-cream tetra out of freezer at lunchtime on Thursday, oh well I know now for when I want the other one. x

I just had my first 'ice cream' brik and it was lovely! I had chocolate and i honestly feel like ive cheated!! haha!!

I too left mine in all day oooppps!! had to leave it out for about 2 hours before i could eat it lol!

Ooh.....

Well thanks for your help. Apparently my freezer isn't that cold. It didn't freeze. I'll try again tomorrow as I got too hungry :-(

I`ve never had them, But WILL do at some point ;) haha x

Hi Determinator, yep was starving and just whipped Tetra out of freezer............yuk, but as I sat I now know to lift it out 1.5 hours in advance. x

ahh rite yea i have them i just didnt know they called that. what can you make with them anyone know how?????
hey , you cant do much with the tetras apart from freezer or warm them( icecream or hot choc)
there are somer3ecipes for the other shakes , its not recommended to cook them but some people do and its ok now and then . There is a sticky thread with all the recipes on - http://www.minimins.com/cambridge-diet-forum/2518-recipes-foodpack-muffin-crisps-fudge-cake.html

well this has inspired me i've just ordered some tetras with my new CDC for friday when she comes to visit so next week i shall hopefully be able to try this ice cream... cant wait yummy!

this thread inspired me to try one tonight for tea. it was amazing. I'm just really sad now because it was my last one until my WI on thursday! the normal shakes will never live up to that little chunk of heaven I just ate!

Finally tried this and Omg!!!!!!!! Who ever thought of this first needs to be knighted! I'm hooked. And found I struggled to finish it. Chocolate tonight, think tomorrow I'll try banana.

X

Back