Icelands and lifls xmas prawns?

AngelicBee

Silver Member
Hi

Does anyone know the syn values for the king prawn rings with seafood dip they are being sold in Icelands and lidls - I can't find them on the app

Help appreciated thank you x x

If its not online you'll have to work it out manually using the syn calculator and I assume prawns as the free food

Ok will do thank you Jaffa x

Yes that's what I thought to, it's more informed but I was wondering prawns free and leave the dip for the others and use a lighter one for me instead if I can find a good one x

I suppose it depends if the prawns are marinaded or not. Maybe take a picture of the ingredients and nutritional info and show your consultant for advice

Great idea I will do that for next Monday morning x

The information is on the Iceland website:

Iceland King Prawn Ring 200g | Party Food | Party All Year | Frozen | Iceland

They are just frozen prawns, so they will be free. If you click on the Nutrition tab on that page it will give you the calorie/fat content for the sauce - looks to me like the standard pinky-orange gloop.

It has these ingredients - Seafood Sauce: Water, Sugar, Soya Bean Oil, Tomato Paste, Salt, Modified Tapioca Starch, Dried Skimmed Milk, Modified Maize Starch, Acidity Regulator: Acetic Acid; Mustard Powder, Thickener: Xanthan Gum; Clove Powder.

You could make a much nicer sauce which would be much lower in fat.

There may be similar information on the Lidl website but I don't have time to look.

One thing I would say - I had one of the Iceland prawns at a party last year and it was horrible!

Ok thank you :) I might make the sauce from fakeaway book which accompanies the burger in a bowl maybe??

We are popping to Mersea island for lobster so I may grab a batch of tiger prawns instead x c

Back