Idea for a spread for Riveta?

HappyNoodles

Gold Member
Hi everyone,

I've been a bit embarrassed to introduce myself to be honest because I've done soooo much bouncing around this site, ww, all the vlcd's, slimming world before etc etc!
Im almost a full week in this time around and loving it.
Have just discovered the wholegrain Riveta that we can have 6 of for a hexb, however I've been using six laughing cow extra light from my hexA which is costing fortune!!
Can anyone suggest ideas for a spread that wouldn't cost so much or use many syns? I love loads of sauce usually, hate dry things but have been putting cut olives and cherry tomatoes on!

Thanks!

Make up some egg/prawn/tuna mayo with lighter than light mayo? (0.5 syns per tbs)

philledelphia is what i have on mine

Kerry LowLow cheese spread is good. Comes in a tub, usually on offer for a pound in the supermarkets.

Do you like Blue Cheese? You can use a tub of Quark mixed with quite a small bit of Blue Cheese to make Blue Cheese Spread. Cheap, and the syns won't work out too high.

OR make your own hummous - there are some syn free recipes about.

OR make syn free mushroom pate.

I actually quite like plain (VFF) cottage cheese and ground black pepper on them as well.

you should never ever be embarassed!!! I also have bounced all over minimins. as im sure have alot of people. I like the onion chutney thats on the recipe thread with a bit grated cheese and some chopped apple x

Cottage cheese
laughing cow light blue cheese
Primula light squeezy cheese spread
Philidelphia
tomato purée and melted cheese (they can be then like pizzas)
Tuna, mayo and Sweetcorn or cucumber
homemade salsa
homemade houmous xxx

Wow what brilliant replies!
I love everything, literally, on earth haha so every single idea has been amazing thanks!
I can't wait to try them ALL!

Yeah Lottie aren't they brill! Six whole crackers :)

Debsxdiet, so true thank you! Just looking back through my old posts it shames me how many times i said "Right this is IT" "This is the one for me" etc! But i think Im in a much healthier mind frame these days x

daisy I knoq exactly what u mean I muat have 20 I mean it this time posts lol. but im 31 in 6 days im starting to find the weight affecting my health and ability now so it actually is different now its not just I want to loose weight, I actually have to loose weight x

Mushroom pâté! It's really easy to make, just cook in frylight some mushrooms, onion and garlic until soft with herbs of your choice and blend with a can of cannellini beans. Season to taste and leave to sit overnight. I love it on ryvita with red onion chutney (Sainsburys taste the difference for me, not keen on the syn free chutney recipe).

Or homemade hummus - use a drained can of chickpeas (reserve some of the liquid from the can), two cloves of garlic, a sprinkle of paprika, tbsp lemon juice and salt and black pepper. Blend, adding a tsp at a time of the liquid from the can until you're happy with the consistency and add more seasoning and lemon if you like . I add coriander and jalapeños to mine too and blend again - spicy goodness. :)

Both of the above are free on EE and green so long as you use frylight to cook the veg for the pâté.

Or there's always light philly - you get a lot for your HEXA.

I love light philli a piece of ham and salad. Today Iam making smoked salmon pâté x

Mushroom pâté! It's really easy to make, just cook in frylight some mushrooms, onion and garlic until soft with herbs of your choice and blend with a can of cannellini beans. Season to taste and leave to sit overnight. I love it on ryvita with red onion chutney (Sainsburys taste the difference for me, not keen on the syn free chutney recipe).

This sounds lovely, going to make it today and have on ryvita with my soup for lunch!

daisy I knoq exactly what u mean I muat have 20 I mean it this time posts lol. but im 31 in 6 days im starting to find the weight affecting my health and ability now so it actually is different now its not just I want to loose weight, I actually have to loose weight x

I'm feeling exactly the same debsxdiet. I'm 31 in two weeks, and I'm honestly finding now that my joints are groaning under the weight. In my head I'm still a nipper so it's frightening that my health is being affected. I struggled to stay on plan for the last three months of last year as we had a lot going on as a family, but this time I didn't give up and I went back to SW last week. Normally I would think that I had failed, give up, and put all my lost weight back on. Not this time! Something has changed in my head, and I fell resigned to losing this weight, no matter how long it takes. I'm with you hun! Let's be slinky ready for our 32nd birthdays! x

Or homemade hummus - use a drained can of chickpeas (reserve some of the liquid from the can), two cloves of garlic, a sprinkle of paprika, tbsp lemon juice and salt and black pepper. Blend, adding a tsp at a time of the liquid from the can until you're happy with the consistency and add more seasoning and lemon if you like . I add coriander and jalapeños to mine too and blend again - spicy goodness. :)

Both of the above are free on EE and green so long as you use frylight to cook the veg for the pâté.

Or there's always light philly - you get a lot for your HEXA.

Oh that hummus sounds absolutely gorgeous, I'll definitely add jalapenos too!
Can't wait to make this later!

All ideas are amazing thanks so much I will definitely be making my way through them all :)

Debsxdiet you're so right and there's really no better reason that health!
I was watching operation transformation, i weight loss program we have here in Ireland where you follow your favourite leader-usually the one with stats similar to yourself- and follow their diet and exercise plan, when I went to look them up i realised i was the biggest of them all! :O
Whereas i sometimes let myself believe i "carry it well" pfft!

This time around though Im not going to get impatient, I'll be happy with slow and steady x

Back