Ideas for bday presents

Discussion in 'Slimming World Off Topic' started by princessnicky, 5 October 2011 Social URL.

1. princessnicky

princessnicky Full Member

Start Weight:
    15st10lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    My mum is 57 in a few weeks and im stumped what i can get her! I usually do the flowers, smellies, meals out, beauty treatments. Just want to make her day special! Any ideas? Just nothing too expensive!
    Thanks all!

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Happy Holidays

Happy Holidays Gold Member

Start Weight:
    9st11lb
    Current Weight:
    8st9lb
    Goal Weight:
    8st9lb
    Lost(%):
    1st2lb(11.68%)
    Badges:
    Maintainer
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Sorry no idea, only thing I can suggest is you sign up to Groupon (if not already) as they have some fantastic, meal, days out, hotel, holiday (too expensive I know) offers.

I've just bought, for two people a night at the dogs including 1 pint lager & a cheeseburger each (not SW friendly though:rolleyes:) & entrance all for £8:eek: bargin, I've never been before & VERY excited.

4. ninnins

ninnins SW ROCKS!

Start Weight:
    18st7lb
    Current Weight:
    12st11.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st7lb
    Lost(%):
    5st9.5lb(30.69%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Why dont you cook for her? Cheap and would probably appreciate it more than something you bought just for the sake of it

5. rubyangel

rubyangel skinny jeans-im on my way

Goal Weight:
    9st7lb
    Diet:
    exante
    i bought my mum a digital photo frame,had to get my OH to put the pictures on it for her,but she absolutely loves it,think it was about £20.

6. OzzieMoz

OzzieMoz Keep on Truckin'

Start Weight:
    86.7kg
    Current Weight:
    77.9kg
    Goal Weight:
    64.5kg
    Lost(%):
    8.8kg(10.15%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    I think my mum used to like it best when my brothers and I spent time with her on or around her birthday. I suppose when you get to a certain age you start to have most things that you need. Does your mum have any interests that you could share with her? Theatre? or history? Perhaps go and see a show together or visit a local-ish castle/stately home if you have any in your area? ... and have tea and cake there. I miss tea and cake and stately homes/castles. You don't get them here!

Failing that the digital photo frame and load it with family pictures is a lovely idea. My husband and I did that for my mother-in-law one year and then the bloody thing broke and she didn't like to tell us so we couldn't take it back :8855: I think part of why she loved it was that she appreciated the time/effort in choosing pics of all the family, cousins, nephews nieces etc... scanned some old pics etc...

I will keep thinking! I miss being able to treat my mum.

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.