ideas for tea using mince

I do extra easy so my cottage pie is free.
I fry off my extra lean mince (500g) with a chopped onion, then throw in some chopped carrots and frozen peas and fry for a minute of two. Then i add two oxo cubes dissolved in boiling water and pour over the mince and veg and leave to simmer for 10 mins. I cook the potatoes in a veg oxo cube and mash them with a little of the flavoured water from the pan. Transfer the mince to a dish add the mash potato and transfer to oven for about 30 mins.

I will post the Kheema recipe later as that one is a little more complicated and I don't have the book to hand at the minute.

has anyone had the mung wraps?
suppose to soak them overnight ,, i have done yet dont see what difference it is making any ideas?

has anyone had the mung wraps?
suppose to soak them overnight ,, i have done yet dont see what difference it is making any ideas?

You need to soak the beans so that you can whizz them to a paste. You cant whizz dried beans to a paste. But you would be better asking the question in the mung bean wrap thread as its nothing to do with mince recipes :confused:

Kheema Curry

Ingredients

198ml/7fl oz beef stock
1 large onion peeled and finely chopped
3 cloves of garlic crushed
1tsp finely grated ginger
1tbsp cumin seeds
2tbsp medium curry powder
3 - 4 green chillies (deseeded optional) finely sliced
737g / 1lb 10oz extra lean mince beef
2 x 400g cans chopped tomatoes
198g / 7oz mushrooms quartered
2 carrots peeled and cut into small cubes
salt and pepper
7oz sugar snap peas trimmed
handful of fresh chopped corriander

Place the stock in a large pan and add the onion. Cook over low heat for 15-20 mins.
Add the garlic, ginger, cumin seeds, curry powder, green chillies and mince beef. Stir and cook over high heat for 5 mins.
Add the tomatoes, mushrooms and carrots and bring to the boil.
Season well, stir then cover. Leave on low heat for 1 - 1.5 hrs stiring often.
About 10 mins before end of cooking time add the sugar snap peas.
Once cooked stir in the fresh corriander.

You can freeze this recipe.

Serve with rice

Last edited:
Back