ideas on what dog to get...

Elle86

I was brought up with animals as all my family have either a cat, dog or both, so now I've got my own place with my partner Im really really wanting to buy a dog/puppy! Ideally Id love a St Bernard but since I live in a 2 bedroom downstairs flat I think I'll give it a miss lol

So Im either wanting a spaniel, labrador or border collie...something along those lines, I've heard that spaniels can be quite flighty and hyper, I've always loved Labradors and I was brought up with a collie and loved him to bits.

Does anyone have any suggestions or other ideas on what I could get?

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy SII using MiniMins

Hi, How exciting! Will you be around the house a lot because puppies and dogs in general - as you will know - love company and being with their owners. If you're working full time I wonder if you would consider an older rescue dog. I have a Tibetan Terrier which is like a slimmer, long legged Lhaso Apso. She is intelligent and full of character. They don't have any doggy smell, they don't shed and are great with people. They take as much or little exercise as you give them - they have a great sense of fun and adore their owners - they are very devoted to them.
Good luck with your choice, Elaine

Hi, yeah Im so excited thinking about it :) Id love a cat too but I think Id be pushing my luck with the OH lol

Well I only work 3 days a week, that being 3 12 hour shifts but my partner is always back in the house for 12 so if we're both at work he/she would only ever be alone for a few hours a day so they would nearly always have company.

I love lhaso aspo's their gorgeous, and I love brichon Frise but Id prefer a bigger dog, my OH has issues with walking a small dog, must have something to do with it effecting his macho image haha :)

My OH is the same about it having to be a 'manly' dog to walk......our dog is as far from manly as you could imagine! Lol. He's the 'Louis spence' of the doggy world, bless him!

My OH was the same. I wanted a pug or a beagle but no chance, then I asked for a bull dog but no he wanted a collie, retrievar (golden or Labrador) or a st Bernard.

My brother in law had to give up his puppy as he couldn't give him enough time and his 3 kids so we've just rehomed a 16 week old springador. Lots of fun, OH loves him. But he's being a bit naughty with me today.

Best go its time for walkies

Xx

Well my other half has kinda grown on getting a smaller dog, we've decided against a springer as they seem very hard work and we only have a 2 bed flat, which I think isn't big enough for a springer.

So we've decided on a westie coz I LOVE them! And it just so happens that my cousin is breeding his westie in June so we're gonna wait until then. We just live off the coast so Im really looking forward to loads of nice beach walks :)

And I hope your having lots of fun with your springador, they are absolutely gorgeous! X

Whereabouts do you live to be by the cost? I can't to be back home living in devon one day so that U can take our little Toby to the beach. Although the cotswolds is gorgeous, its never the same as the beach xx

I live at south shields, not sure if you know where that is, its in the north east, I LOVE it here! But I think your very lucky living at devon, never been before but I know its gorgeous :) x

Hi Elle, good luck with your new puppy in June. It is so exciting getting a new pup lol. Springers are hard work, I have two and my father in law has two also.

If they are not used as working dogs (mine are just pets) they require a lot of exercise and mental stimulation. So its lucky I live in the countryside (for lots of walkies) and
my other half works for himself so he takes them to work each day. They get bored if left on their own at all. Having said that, I wouldn't change them for the world and I am obsessed with Springer Spaniels lol.

Back