Idiots Guide To Sucess Express

Edwin

Silver Member
I know this has been done to death but I still don't get it!

Could someone please explain sucess express to me in simple terms.

I only do green days as I don't eat meat if this makes any difference.

I need a good loss week otherwise I think I will give up......

sucess express is where you can have red and green options in the same meal. if you dont eat meat theres not much point in doing it. it works on the principle that superfree foods - the ones on the goldy yellow pages that are free on both days really boost weight loss.

all you do to follow a sucess express day is fill your plate with 2/3 SUPERfree food and the remaining 1/3 with free food from a red or green day plan, therefore in priniciple you could have beef lasagne 1/3 and the rest veg and salad.

you must follow it for the whole day, you cant chop and change.
any snacks must be superfree - fruit, yogurt etc.
you still have your healthy a's and b's

also you still have your syns but you must count the higher syn value. eg, if you were to have something that had a higher syn value on red than green you have to count the red syn value.

I'm going to go and have a look in my book... :)

Does the syn thing mean that the syns would come from a MEAL, and not from snacks... because the snacks are all Superfree yeah?

So if I were to have a stir fry.. i fill 2/3 of my plate with the stir fry vegetables.. carrot onion mushroom beansprouts etc

then on the third remaining I could put egg noodles AND some chicken

obviously not piled it has to be level yes?

Is that right

So a roast

Chicken and dry roast pot 1/3rd the plate

Vegetables 2/3 plate

????????Yes?????No???

Woo, go Mod-Karen!

p.s. Thankye Emsi... I have a better idea of it now.

Your HEX can be from green or red day HEX's too, if that makes sense!

Oh, and i looked up in the book and you CAN eat your syns outside of meals :) yay!

ok.. now breakfast success express.. quorn sausages, scrambled egg, tomatoes 2/3 of plate.. bacon and beans 1/3 plate?

I have had 2 weetabix HEb so can I have the above for lunch

Just want to get it straight in my head

we should start a success express meals sticky, so people can get ideas what to eat. i tend to eat from about 6 meals.

so far i've had:

stir fry - veg (2/3) and noodles (1/3)
'fry-up' - mushrooms, tomatoes, eggs, quorn sausages (2/3) baked beans (1/3)
roast dinner - veg (2/3) roast potatoes (1/3)...plus quorn fillet, cranberry sauce, etc (sins)
cheese and onion omelette (2/3) and SW chips (1/3)
quorn chilli with melted cheese (2/3) with spicy potato wedges (1/3)
lasagne with lots of quorn bolognaise sauce

I just have a mental block over this....

So...

2/3 plate = superfree foods (i.e those that are free on both days)

1/3 plate = free food on either red or green (can have both red & green free foods on the same plate)

HE = as normal

Syns = as normal but must count highest value (if different on red or green)

BUT -

I often have tuna as HE on green - this is free on red so I don't have to count it as a HE?

Snacks can be syns?

As I don't eat meat is there any point?

Sorry to be stupid. Can't help it.

x

I just have a mental block over this....

So...

2/3 plate = superfree foods (i.e those that are free on both days)

1/3 plate = free food on either red or green (can have both red & green free foods on the same plate)

HE = as normal

Syns = as normal but must count highest value (if different on red or green)

BUT -

I often have tuna as HE on green - this is free on red so I don't have to count it as a HE?

Snacks can be syns?

As I don't eat meat is there any point?

Sorry to be stupid. Can't help it.

x

Don't worry, it's not just you! I can't get my head round it either!

Am watching with interest!

sx

we should start a success express meals sticky, so people can get ideas what to eat. i tend to eat from about 6 meals.

so far i've had:

roast dinner - veg (2/3) roast potatoes (1/3)...plus quorn fillet, cranberry sauce, etc (sins)

Surely these meals are all pretty much free on green anyway? Do you just use it to portion control your carbs?

yes - i do it because i tend to overeat with pasta and potatoes. i could eat 500g of pasta!!! - that's a whole bag! so if i do success express i'm not consuming so many carbs/calories which makes my losses much better.

success express is good for me as i can't just grab a pasta'n'sauce to snack on at 500 calories - i have to think about what i can have and make better choices.

so far i've had:

MK does just green cos she is a veggie... so for myself who does both it would be

the stir fry but would have chicken AND noodles
Fry Up Beans AND bacon
Roast Chicken AND roast potato
Omlette Ham AND SW chips

You get the picture.. obviously the portions will be a lot smaller but you fill up on the superfree foods.

I'm going to try it as it seems more like normal eating, ie meat and carbs on the plate. I've always been confused by it, didnt know about the higher syns thing so will have to remember that. Still need to get my head round it I think, as in should I have a green day or should it be Success Express.

Back