If anyone needs LLC input

Atlanta

Dear all - I wanted to say again how brilliant this forum is. I dip in and out when I can and the quality of the replies and the support is really outstanding.

I wish I had more time to read more of the posts and answer more questions, but I run a busy practice in London and I have to put my own clients first. And there's the small matter of my work life balance too!

But if anyone needs specific LL advice that isn't answered by the forum, do let me know directly if I can help.

Hiya Atlanta ;-)

Nice to see you on here.

Mike

Hi Atlanta
Great there's an LLC on here at last! Would you know if it's ok to take Movicol or if it affects ketosis? It's been mentioned on another thread and I know my LLC said I couldn't take it.

Hi Frejja - the advice I have had from our medical team on Movicol for a client of mine is that if your doctor prescribes it, it's OK to take, but that's the advice they can give on other things which can take you out of ketosis.

Generally if your doctor tells you to take something then that's something you should do.

Ketosis is so individual - things that will take some people out have no effect on others - the only way to know for you is to try something and check your ketosis daily when you start using it.

There is some really good advice on constipation on the Embarrassing Toilet Problem - Help, Advice Needed thread. I know psyllium husks have helped a few of my clients who were worried about constipation.

The crucial thing with constipation is to identify when it really is constipation - you are taking in such a small volume that you often do poo much less than you are used to - either less frequency or less volume or both.

It's important not to strain - let your body sort itself out on its own, which it does usually do if you drink 4 litres consistently spread through each day.

It's only a problem and true constipation if you are experiencing discomfort.

Good luck!

Back