If at first u don't succeed.....,

Niccij

The title says it all. I am constantly starting a diet, having my last meal only to divert from the plan the very next day. Help!! Over the last year have put on half a stone to reach 17 stones, the most I have ever weighed. I've got to do something or I'll be 18 stone before I know it!

Have half heartedly tried many diets from LL to Atkins to Slimming World. Was very successful with LL but can't afford that right now. Gonna give WW a good go as I think is best for establishing new habits. Will need plenty of motivation as I know the weight loss is slower than VLCDs.

Would like to return to my pre-pregnancy weight of 13 stones 12 pounds. I know I can do it! I need to stick to one approach be consistent with exercise and keep positive.

The title says it all. I am constantly starting a diet, having my last meal only to divert from the plan the very next day. Help!! Over the last year have put on half a stone to reach 17 stones, the most I have ever weighed. I've got to do something or I'll be 18 stone before I know it!

Have half heartedly tried many diets from LL to Atkins to Slimming World. Was very successful with LL but can't afford that right now. Gonna give WW a good go as I think is best for establishing new habits. Will need plenty of motivation as I know the weight loss is slower than VLCDs.

Would like to return to my pre-pregnancy weight of 13 stones 12 pounds. I know I can do it! I need to stick to one approach be consistent with exercise and keep positive.

Hi I am new to MinMins and find it a great source of inspiration. I did Lighterlife first time round, 8 years ago, going from 14st 8 t0 10st 3 in approx 3 months. My Counsellor pack up and immigrated to Australia before I could get to goal. I pretty much maintained my weight loss for the next 2 years and then fell pregnant, (something I thought would never happen...!):) Literally straight after the birth of DD, I returned to LL! and a new Counsellor at 12 stone. I lost that quickly but this Counseller decided to shut up shop, again before I could hit my goal:sigh: I then maintained that for 5 years often dipping down and during a couple fo extremely stressful periods in my life, got so low as 9st 8! Yet again, I am back, but doing it cheap style with Cambridge!!!!
I did start off with Lighterlife at 11st in Nov. I had literally put on a stone within 3 weeks, 8lb on the two week holiday, and the rest on my return bearing in mind we as a family had not gone away for 7 years! Again that stone disappeared within a month. Lighterlife is expensive! When I first did it in the good ol' days, it was a mere £45 a week but you were only on 3 packs with literally 4 flavours and 3 bar choices.:eek: I am now with Cambridge as my weight is going up and down like a yoyo and I really want my goal this time.
I have a habit of bingeing and starving and I need to get my head in the right place and get to my goal once and for all because like you I simply cannot afford the £72.00 a week for LL and the price is going up!:rolleyes:

I too like you have all sorts of diets, Slimming World, Weight Watchers, Go Lower Lighter Life and medication:(
You have done it before and you can do it again. I can honestly say hand on heart and I know it sounds so cliche, If I can do it, ANYONE CAN! x

Good luck whatever you decide. xxx:)

Thanks so much for the encouragement. I think regardless to which approach I make I need to be positive in my thinking!! What stage are you at now? How much would you like to still lose and do you have any event that ur aiming for? X

Hiya!

I just started CD on 16th April moving from Lighterlife as I simply could not afford to carry on, abeit half heartedly....
Ideally for my height, 5'3, I should be 8 and a half stone:rolleyes: but unless I fancy sucking on a lettuce leaf, I don't think I can quite make it there!

My goal weight is 9.7 and to actually STAY there, but as you have read from my previous post I only get there in times of major stress and have gone down that route the proper way but always manage to sabotage my efforts because my greed outweights my vanity!:p
I am hoping to actually get under goal and really hope to achieve 9st coz yes, you've guessed it I do have a holiday to Cyprus to look forward to on 22nd July which is AI (eeks!!) and I am not doing CD out there or following the rules so I guess I will be back on CD when I return....:cry: At least if I go under goal, I can enjoy myself to a degree!
In a way, I hate that I have to do this in preparation for a holiday. It is twisted isn't it? What we women put ourselves through, going on extreme diets only in anticipation for an event which 9 out of 10 times involves food!
I think the hardest thing about any diet is having that self belief. Unfortunately family, so called friends and work colleagues tend to try and put you off from day one when you announce what you are up to.... I try not to tell anyone when I go on a diet as everyone is so negative and het up on trying to feed me up!

I have about a stone and a half to lose and I need to get my head round the fact that I cannot use VLCDs like this, I need to lose this weight for the last time and really sort my life out. At my top weight of 14st 8 I was so low and hated myself, I wondered what the point of living was, standing at a bus stop one day in the sweltering heat in my size 18 black coat all those years ago and then one day something inside me snapped.

I promise you can do it too.

xxx

Back