if I had a day off?...... please read

cat yoyo greaves

Gold Member
Its Xmas why not have a day or two off ....what harm can it do ?

Ok .... I will have Xmas off.....boxing day off.... My birthday off.... A night out off.....easter off.....a friends house warming off... Ooo better have my 2 week Holiday off ..... Bonfire night off etc etc and before we know it thats half the year off plan

In all honesty if I went off plan on all the occasions that took more effort to be good i wouldnt be the 2 Stone lighter i am now

Im not saying im angelic and NEVER go off plan but I never plan a day off.... Sometimes i have days where i go over my syns or have moments of weakness where junk food and alcohol jumps into my mouth BUT I DONT PLAN TO DO IT

I don't agree to be honest. I plan days off for special occasions and it didn't stop me loosing just over 2 stone. Sometimes I plan on just a couple of extra treats or sometimes I just plan on eating whatever I fancy. I know I can get right back on plan when I'm back from holiday or when the days over.

However I know things work differently for different people, you have to find what works for you

I don't agree to be honest. I plan days off for special occasions and it didn't stop me loosing just over 2 stone. Sometimes I plan on just a couple of extra treats or sometimes I just plan on eating whatever I fancy. I know I can get right back on plan when I'm back from holiday or when the days over.

However I know things work differently for different people, you have to find what works for you

All well and good if your one of those that can just get back to it ..... Im sadly unable to do that i have sadly had an Eating disorder (binge purge)which although now under contol will always be there waiting in the wings and for me i cant just have a day off

Where I am at of late with sw is that it is a lifestyle choice and it depends on what you want your lifestyle to be like. I don't want to never have foods that could be considered bad but really are just part of life for most people but I know I can't have them as often as some as I would become very overweight again.
I'm hoping I'm now at a stage where I can relax at times and then get back on track but we shall see how it goes.

cat yoyo greaves said:
All well and good if your one of those that can just get back to it ..... Im sadly unable to do that i have sadly had an Eating disorder (binge purge)which although now under contol will always be there waiting in the wings and for me i cant just have a day off

I do think that planned days off are a good idea too, to make a sustainable lifestyle change. I too suffered from binge/purge disorder for a long time, and have yo-yo dieted for 30 years, ending up 10 stone overweight. :( But now I've lost 7.5 stone. :) And my planned days off have been an integral part of it. At Christmas I decided I'd have Christmas Eve, Christmas Day and Boxing Day off this year, and it was good. But those days also served as positive reinforcement for my normal healthier eating, because I felt so stuffed and was quite happy to get back on track today, lol. But everyone's different, so it's whatever works for you! xx

i dont plan days off i just try to eat healthily and if i go a little over or have a meal thats not "on plan" i dont worry but i dont call it a day off im not on a diet i just put said meal behind me and carry on the plan if i give myself a day off i abuse it :(

cat yoyo greaves said:
i dont plan days off i just try to eat healthily and if i go a little over or have a meal thats not "on plan" i dont worry but i dont call it a day off im not on a diet i just put said meal behind me and carry on the plan if i give myself a day off i abuse it :(

I know what you mean, I do sometimes go a bit mad on a planned naughty day, but find it increasingly hard to go TOO overboard, as it's unpleasant! I actually get more concerned if I have an unplanned off day - I had two of those in December, the day my Mum died and the day of her funeral, but they're the first in 17 months so I've forgiven myself, lol. xx

Personally I would rather plan a day off than plan to be 100% all the time and slip or go over my syns. I'm going to be doing this for life now and realistically there will be times when I can't be totally in control (holidays, other people cooking for me, etc) and there will also be times when I want to eat a nice dinner out for my birthday at my favourite burger place for example. If I don't allow myself these occasional times then I will resent SW in the end and probably end up giving up or find it to be unsustainable long term.

Yes it's hard to get back on track after a day off and sometimes one day off turns into two. My theory is that if losing weight is important enough to you then you will get back on track and you will carry on, even though it's hard sometimes.

It's different for us all but that's how I see it :)

Back