If I had a tenner for every diet I've been on...

I'd be a millionaire by now I'm sure! I'm a champion starter, I just can't sustain it for more than 3 weeks. Or 12 hours.

Hi I'm 37 and 20st 9lbs as of Tuesday 31st July so I'm taking that as my starting weight.

I've been overweight most of my life and it sucks big time. Started piling on the pounds when I was 4 years old. The subsequent bullying etc really took its toll on whatever self esteem I had and eradicated it.

All I want is a normal life. I just want some contentment if not happiness. The excess weight stops me doing the simplest of things. I'm even more aware of the bulk than usual in the last few months and how difficult it is for me to even walk.

I'm big all over but especially my belly. I'm apple shaped. I've all the health problems associated with a lifetime of being too fat. Yeah I said it. The word fat doesn't bother me. Now I've also feet, leg and knee issues.

I'm starting Exante today and no more excuses. I need to get a life instead of hiding myself away because I feel like a social embarrassment.

Ok I have officially just had my first shake. Irish cream. I've not tried that flavour before but after the initial what am I drinking? I decided it's pleasant enough.

I've been drinking lots of water in the past several weeks, about 6-8 pints a day I'd reckon although I'm not sure. Must try to measure my intake. I downloaded an app someone recommend.

I'm just gonna take each day as it comes, each hour if need be. I read on here in the past look upon it as medicine: take one exante 3 times a day and 4L of water to regain your health.

I'm an emotional eater. I'm going to have to learn ways to handle my emotions that doesn't involve eating.

I've not seen the Irish cream. Sounds yummy will look out for that next order. I've had a couple of new shakes this week. White chocolate & Raspberry is lush! :classic_big_grin:
Hopefully Exante have now got their act together with ordering and will have all flavour options in from now on.

Best of luck with your diet goal. I wish you well! :)

Hi Ketoveggie. Thanks very much. I've been looking for the documentaries that sparked the mass purchasing of Exante but I can't find them. I think one was called fast fix? Really wanted to see them.

Just wanted to pop in and say hello!
In regards to you struggling to walk..
I was 24 stone 6 weeks ago and used a crutch to walk and couldn't even walk outside to the car without feeling like I was going to die and needing to use my OH inhaler and I'm not asthmatic..
4 weeks later I had lost 2 stone and ditched the crutch
2 weeks later (now) I do an intense excercise class 3 days a week and have lost over 3 stone

The point I'm trying to make is, just the lifestyle change can really make a difference to your ability to walk!

Good luck x

Wow Sarlou, that's amazing. Well done! The most I've ever shed is about 4st. People were only starting to notice and I was re-gaining.

I would like to meet a decent fella some day and have children. I have PCOS too which will make it tough without having extra weight. But I say if it's meant to be it'll happen.

Hi Mini. Good to be back. 😊

Today's first shake is honeycomb. I'm fortunate in that I like most of the flavours. Had a ridiculously early start due to my erratic sleep pattern.

I was tempted to weigh myself already which I know is silly but was thinking a lower reading might motivate me but equally it could show a higher number so I think I'll stick with once a week. 😉

Hey are you still continuing? I hit my one week mark tomorrow so I'm hoping for a good loss! I hope you are continuing so I have someone to chat to along the way!

Welcome x

Hey are you still continuing? I hit my one week mark tomorrow so I'm hoping for a good loss! I hope you are continuing so I have someone to chat to along the way!

Welcome Piggly. Well done for completing your first week!

Let us know how you get on tomorrow

Back