If I may pat myself on the back.

Discussion in 'Lighter Life Forum' started by Trancer, 17 May 2007 Social URL.

1. Trancer

Trancer Member

Diet:
    Lighter Life
    I don't usually announce my weight losses, but thought I would share a recent journal entry as it has been a bit of a milestone achievement for me.

Started dieting March 18.

After 61 days dieting:

34 kilos lost
    or
    75 pounds lost
    or
    5 Stone 5lbs lost
    or
    1.2lbs lost each day

I would say it's back is broken now and if the next 2 months are anything like the last 2, then its all downhill from here.

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Eileen

Eileen likes posting.

Diet:
    Slimming world.
    Wow thats impressive trancer, i love hearing other peoples losses it spares me on, so thanks & well done i hope you make it too the end soon.

4. Mini

Mini Administrator Staff Member

Start Weight:
    18st0lb
    Current Weight:
    16st5lb
    Lost(%):
    1st9lb(9.13%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Well done Trancer that is absolutely Mega!!!!!!!!!!!!

Love Mini xxx

[​IMG]

5. Sez

Sez has started again!!

Diet:
    Dukan
    Brilliant, That pat on the back is well deserved!

6. flirty40greeneyes

flirty40greeneyes Busy busy busy!!

Start Weight:
    15st3lb
    Current Weight:
    13st11lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st6lb(9.39%)
    Diet:
    Slim and Save
    Pat, pat, pat!! Really well done!! You are a great inspiration to anyone coming on here and reading about your losses. Thank you for sharing with us.

7. katie_oxo

katie_oxo Silver Member

Wow Trancer that is fabulous - well done :clap:

Cath

8. snooky cat x

snooky cat x Member

Start Weight:
    16st0lb
    Current Weight:
    12st0lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    4st0lb(25%)
    Diet:
    low carb
    wow

:) Well done,that's brilliant(I am patting as i type)You must feel marvelous.:D
    best wishes,snooky cat xxxx

9. SafcGirl31

SafcGirl31 Full Member

A great big well done, you must feel fab and so proud of yourself.:)

10. tishtosh

tishtosh Hopeful for the future

Diet:
    Atkins
    WOW that's absolutely inspiring! If ever a thread would get you fired up well this is it - and all in 61 days?? So well done Trancer I'm delighted for you and you deserve more than a pat ... are you going to treat yourself? To a facial? Or a massage? Can't say well done enough ....

11. tishtosh

Diet:
    Atkins
    HEY mINI,
    lOVE YOUR 'CONGRATS' Banner - where did you get it?

12. AmandaJayne

AmandaJayne Trainee Maintainer

Just caught up with your thread Trancer, wow you really do keep your light under a bushel!

It is lovely to hear your good news. All that hard work is really paying off now!:character00100:

13. MadamDotty

MadamDotty Back again!

Diet:
    The Harcombe Diet
    :wow: You pat away, that's an amazing achievement in 61 days, absolutely fantastic - well done :D

14. Johnny

Johnny Full Member

Diet:
    LL
    Wow, over a pound a day! That's amazing - well done :patback:
    (That's supposed to be a pat on the back!)

Johnny :D

15. In search of me

In search of me Silver Member

Diet:
    Cambridge
    Well done you. How much more do you want to loose? You must feel fab! What has been the biggest lesson you've learned so far?

16. Trancer

Trancer Member

Diet:
    Lighter Life
    Thanks for all the well wishes. I never thought of my losses inspiring anyone else, but if that does happen I would be quite pleased.

I have no rewards planned for now or when this is all over. The weight loss itself and the resultant increase in energy and self confidence is reward enough for me. I certainly don't feel I deserve a treat of any sort. The good I am doing now is only to counter the bad I have done for decades past, certainly nothing worthy of a treat.

How much more do I want to lose?, I won't know until I get there. I am not sure I will ever fit in with those BMI guidelines, so the only thing I have to go on will be how I look and how I feel about how I look. I hope that point will come in another 2 months, but if it doesn't, no big deal as I am finding VLCDs the easiest dieting I have ever done.

The biggest lesson I have learned?. Hmmm not really sure, but if I had to pick one thing it would be, that I never *needed* all the food I used to eat and I am now very much aware of why I used to eat so much. Just remains to be seen if I will put those lessons learned to good use in the future.

17. Geri

Geri Gold Member

Well done Trancer :D

What an amazing loss in such a short space of time - great stuff :p

18. Avatar

MiniMins.com Advert

19. AmandaJayne

"....if I had to pick one thing it would be, that I never *needed* all the food I used to eat and I am now very much aware of why I used to eat so much...."

That's the same for me too. I hadn't realised just how much we eat when we go out to restaurants. Plates piled high with stuff, far too much, but in the past I would have felt compelled to eat everything on the plate! and then have a dessert too, whether I felt full or not. One new lesson I am learning is stopping eating when I've had enough. It is hard to leave food on the plate, but it is necessary for my long term health.

Good luck with the rest of your journey, Trancer.

20. tishtosh

Diet:
    Atkins
    'I certainly don't feel I deserve a treat of any sort. The good I am doing now is only to counter the bad I have done for decades past, certainly nothing worthy of a treat.'

Trancer,
    I think you are worthy of a treat. I agree that all of us have been off by overeating for years (well I have anyway) but I also know how difficult it is to succeed with weight loss and what you have achieved is entirely worthy. True the weight loss programme (not sure which one you're using, mine's LL) helps, as does the help on here. But ultimately it is YOU who decides on a minute by minute, day be day basis what you are going to do, and I think the proof is in the pudding.
    You are inspiring to me who has a long way to go, so thank you.

21. AmandaJayne

"....I think the proof is in the pudding...."

I think that's my problem Tish, too much pudding, not enough proof!:p :giggle:

22. tishtosh

Diet:
    Atkins
    LOL AJ, Hopefully not for much longer?? OOh pudding , now don't be getting thoughts into my head ..... drool drool xx

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.