Extra Easy If only I could just take a compliment.....

Superfree Princess

Silver Member
I have kept my joining Slimming World a secret from work, friends and some family I guess mainly as I didn't want the pressure and if I went off the wagon then I would save face. Three and a half stone in and no one has so far really commented on the difference except my mum who knows. However I have had lot of comments about my hair, which incidently hasn't changed!
Anyway for the first time a lady from my zumba class who I haven't seen for a while, said ' you've lost loads of weight' and did I say yes I have thanks ?
Nope! I said 'no not really'. I'm not sure why..... :sigh:

I was very uncomfortable at first with the comments and such but the more it happened the more confident I felt in myself and now I talk confidently about losing weight and how great it feels. There's no reason to be ashamed or embarrassed, especially 3 and a half stone down. Be proud of what you've acheived. It's amazing. Well done you! :D

I've lost 6 stone since january. And I think only ONE person has mentioned anything to me. Im gutted. But plodding on...

That's really odd, but bear in mind when you see someone everyday, or most days, it can be hard to notice any changes because you see them so often. I bet that if you didn't see them for a few weeks (like your Zumba teacher), they'd definitely notice when they saw you again.

As long as you know how well you're doing, that's all that counts. Also bear in mind people may have noticed, they're just nervous about saying anything in case they offend you or are wrong.

You sound like you're doing great, good on you!

Thank you.
I know the people I see all the time probably wont notice it. But there's been people ive just seen not since xmas or for a few months! And if it comes up in conversation they are genuinely shocked ive lost anything. Even tho im wearing size 16 now. From a large size 22. Haha. Oh well. Maybe I hid it well?

I have kept my joining Slimming World a secret from work, friends and some family I guess mainly as I didn't want the pressure and if I went off the wagon then I would save face. Three and a half stone in and no one has so far really commented on the difference except my mum who knows. However I have had lot of comments about my hair, which incidently hasn't changed!
Anyway for the first time a lady from my zumba class who I haven't seen for a while, said ' you've lost loads of weight' and did I say yes I have thanks ?
Nope! I said 'no not really'. I'm not sure why..... :sigh:

Put yourself in the shoes of the person who is giving the compliment. Imagine it was you. Think about how you would want the other person to respond. That will give you a clue as to what to say.

Back