If you could go back and give yourself ONE...

BellaT

...piece of advice/recipe/tip on Slimming World (BodyOptimise) when you first started, what would it be?!

I've just started and on day 3 so would appreciate hearing what you guys have to say! :wavey:

Mushy pea curry so nice and quick and easy. 1 tin of beans, 2 tins of mushy peas and 2 tablespoons and curry powder, mix together heat for 20 mins, serve with rice..yum yum!

Take measurements now and once a month - you will be amazed at how much you lose! And sometimes when the scales dont move you will see the difference there

Try roasted BNS :gimi:
Stand back from Quark :yuk:

"Plan ahead, Plan ahead, Plan ahead, otherwise you will end up eating terribly random/dry/odd combinations of food in order to stay within the eating plan"

Take measurements now and once a month - you will be amazed at how much you lose! And sometimes when the scales dont move you will see the difference there

Wish i'd have done this

Wish i had kept a food diary every week and also wish i had taken my measurements at the beginning x

oh and taken pictures as well

Enjoy your food, don't limit yourself to the same meals and have what you really want. You don't have to eat rabbit food it is a life plan of healthy eating and there is no need to feel restricted :)

I think I'd go with taking measurements, also not being so hard on myself / expecting too much. It's coming off faster than it went on, that's the main thing!

Definitely take measurements, others are right when they say if its not on the scales it could be coming off elsewhere.

If your like me i like snacking so always have some free foods for when you are peckish to save you from picking at junk x

1. When you fall off the wagon, get back on it asap so you don't undo your hard work.

2. Ask for help when you need it. This forum is amazingly supportive.

3. Only I effect my weight.

jezzi999 said:
Buying the 2012 food directory, low syns book and free foods book.

I'm doing it from home with a members pack, and not finding it too difficult as I'm very self motivated. But trying to find syns values online for some more obscure things was driving me nuts!

I debated it for ages, the books are £30 for all 3 on eBay (more than double class prices!) but then I thought hey I have 95lb to lose, it's going to take me about 18 months at least, so £30 is a small investment really!

Wish i'd done it 11 weeks ago, life is so much simpler now and so much inspiration to be found!

Blimey! It'd be cheaper to join to buy the books
!

If you go to a group stay for Image Therapy.

One of the ladies at our group suggested using pieces of string rather than a tape measure... So you know you've lost inches without being disheartened by a number.

Good luck

Last edited:
Back