Step 1 Sole Source If you wait for tomorrow, it never comes..

Hello beautiful people,

I wanted to make sure that I have a diary to record how things are going from the very beginning. I decided to use Cambridge, as I've yo-yoed for far too long, and I want my daughter to grow up with a fit and healthy dad.

I'm 25 and have about 6-7st to lose, to get me down to 14st. I lost most of this weight when I was about 15, but that's in the past - what matters are the changes I'm making now.

Im meeting my CDC at the weekend, and can't wait to get started. I'm looking forward to the day2/3 carb headaches as I get into ketosis, and I know that as long as I stay disciplined then it will be downhill from there.

It seems like a huge forum here, and ill be spending quite a bit of time here, being motivated by, and hoping to motivate others.

Bring on next week - aiming for 2st loss before the new year.

Day 1:

The chic mint shake tastes fantastic - ive tried some dreadful sports supplements in the past, and this is amazing! It's like drinking an Aero!

Bring on the headaches!

Day 4. Still 100% - but today is much harder, possibly because its the weekend.

I've got a craving for cheese and garlic butter - not hunger, but just not satisfied.

Yet another choc shake though...

Welcome Adam! Day 4 was a hard day for me too - keep going - u r doing brilliantly. When is your first WI? It gives u an amazing boost and makes the first hideous week worth it. I average 4lb losses a week so u will shift that 2 stone in no time at all - although I know u guys can lose more than that :) All the best on u'r journey xx

Hey Christy - got through yesterday without any major issues, it's all about recognising that cravings are due to a dissatisfaction with having not chewed anything, as opposed to actually being hungry.

First WI is a week today - I can only do weekends at the moment, and my CDC is at the conference.

Im concerned at how little protein I'm getting, and that I could be burning all muscle and not fat. I've got a lot of muscle, which I want to keep - and I've dropped from 180+g protein to 30-40. I'm wondering if I should supplement with protein shakes?

I miss chewing too. I can't actually say I feel hungry I just like to eat! lol. Oh well onwards and upwards with the water.. Good luck Adam x

That is precisely it Adam, it's a natural urge to chew and taking that away it messes with your mind - I say this continually that CD is very much mind over matter.

Good luck with WI next week...I bet it will be massive!

If u'r worried about losing muscle mass I would talk to u'r CDC about doing a higher stage and hit the gym. I really wouldn't substitute using protein shakes as they will upset the balance achieved by the CD shakes. My ex was a gym nut and never ate carbs but would eat lots of protein and used those shakes - but he could easily eat an entire chicken for tea which is a hell of a lot more than the CD allowance! If u do a higher stage it will give u the fuel u'r body needs to cope with weight training.

I am just starting back at the gym now - I'm avoiding carb burning and concentrating on sculpting and toning as I want to ensure I have a good shape and don't look droopy lol.

Can't wait to see how you get on :) x

One week down - easy, easy, easy.

Starting to see some big changes in the mirror after only a week, can't wait for the first WI on Sunday. I think the wife might be jumping on board as well.

Two thoughts of the day:

1) That moment when you realise you're feeling hungry because you haven't had a shake since 1pm.

2) Why do I keep watching cooking shoes and torturing myself?

Ha ha ha ha!!! Sounds like we are sharing the same day - all I've had all day is a cookies and cream shake and some water. Now I'm sat at home watching Master Chef...love it but man it makes me hungry ;)

Going to grab an omelette in a minute and drink more water...oh the joys!

Great news about your progress by the way and will be brilliant support for you and your wife if you do CD together :)

Yes, watching masterchef as well, having watched Jamie's 15minute meals earlier.

I'd kill for a bacon and mushroom omelette - but it's all about embracing the suck!

It would be fat easier to get the wife on board because then there would only be SS+ food at home for her - but she's reluctant to start until the New Year - she's currently losing 2lb per week on WW.

adam_devon said:
Two thoughts of the day:

1) That moment when you realise you're feeling hungry because you haven't had a shake since 1pm.

2) Why do I keep watching cooking shoes and torturing myself?

Cooking shoes? Wow, where do I get a pair of those? ;) Were they preparing lemon sole? (Sole, geddit? :D)

It's funny, I love watching cooking shows when doing SS!

adam_devon said:
Yes, watching masterchef as well, having watched Jamie's 15minute meals earlier.

I'd kill for a bacon and mushroom omelette - but it's all about embracing the suck!

It would be fat easier to get the wife on board because then there would only be SS+ food at home for her - but she's reluctant to start until the New Year - she's currently losing 2lb per week on WW.

Ahhh I had a mushroom omelette but bacon would have been amazing!!! Mmmmmm - oh well plenty of time for that when I have shifted this flab :)

I can see why she would rather wait until after the festivities, it's a hard time to start. I have 3 parties coming up in December and it's nearly killed me requesting turkey with low carb veg with no gravy - I will have the works on Christmas day and boxing day but will stick to plan the rest of the time. It's all about balance as they say :)

WW is good, I lost 4 stone with them in the past. Last time I tried it the slower losses really played havoc with my motivation which is why I turned to CD. I'm thinking of using it with calorie counting when I get to maintenance as I like their philosophies and they give good advice tackling issues like social events and comfort eating.

Keep up the fantastic work - I can't wait to hear the results of WI :)

Day 11, I think. Official weigh-is tomorrow - hoping for 17lbs.

In other news, wifey is meeting the CDC - with about 5-6st to lose.

Still 100%, obviously. Loving how mental it's becoming - you categorically won't be hungry on Cambridge, so all that's left are your emotional eating - how much of which I had was a surprise. I'm getting by with just sitting with these feelings, naming them and working through them. It's all about rejecting short-term gratification, and choosing the long game.

Hi Adam and welcome to CWP brilliant on getting through 100% so far and i really hope you reap the rewards on those scales tomorrow :) It's great that your wife is joining in too, it will certainlty make things easier. I live with hubby and a 2yr old so meal times can be a bit hard but fortunately my lil one knows i tend to have a soup with her at tea time and then later on i'll have a protein based meal (on 1200 plan).

I tend to find i start craving really savoury things and i certainly shouldnt be hungry coz im having 1200 kcals a day but weirdly before CD i was always a sweet tooth, can only think its because the majority of the shakes a very sweet.

Anyhow hope you have another 100% day :)

Hey Nina,

Its been another good day.

Phoned the CDC late this afternoon, and asked to weigh-in tonight, so I could take wifey along, and then she can start tomorrow.

First weigh-in: Lost 16 3/4lbs.

Ill take that.

Omg Adam that is fantastic!!!!! Well done!!!! You must be feeling pretty chuffed with that result :)

What a testament to your hard work so far and have no doubt it's given you loads of motivation x

Week 2: 4 1/2 lbs. A bit disappointed, but it's still a stone and a half in two and a half weeks.

That's a great loss Adam!!! I've been averaging that and that is a good loss for the second week - my friend lost 2lbs at her second week WI and I also know people who lost nothing. Really don't be too hard on yourself - your doing brilliantly :D

Back