Im a newbie on cambridge diet :)

xzoelouisex

Hi all hope everyone is doing well :)
So i am a mum of one handsome little man james he is 2 and a half... anyway i have got to the point where enough is enough and i need to shift this weight and be fit and healthy for my little man...
So on the 30th august i started my new way of living... just started eating salads and drinking plenty of water i lost 10lbs in 2 weeks and then i joined cambridge diet i am on week 3 of cambridge and being weighed on tuesday... really enjoying it so far... not gonna lie though it is hard and i have had to battle through some evenings but i make it and feel good when i do that :) so altogether in 5 weeks i have lost 1 stone 5lbs!! lots.more to go yet though... my big motivator is james my son he is the reason i am doing this he was diagnosed with cystic fibrosis at 5 weeks old and i have decided to take action now as my weight was spiralling out of control and i am at my heaviest and feel miserable... i need to be around to keep my baby well so here i am focused and loving seeing the pounds fall away :)

is anyone else using cambridge and how are you finding it? could do with someome to tell me no when i get those craving days instead of fighting with myself!!

good luck everyone :) xx zoe xx

xzoelouisex said:
Hi all hope everyone is doing well :)
So i am a mum of one handsome little man james he is 2 and a half... anyway i have got to the point where enough is enough and i need to shift this weight and be fit and healthy for my little man...
So on the 30th august i started my new way of living... just started eating salads and drinking plenty of water i lost 10lbs in 2 weeks and then i joined cambridge diet i am on week 3 of cambridge and being weighed on tuesday... really enjoying it so far... not gonna lie though it is hard and i have had to battle through some evenings but i make it and feel good when i do that :) so altogether in 5 weeks i have lost 1 stone 5lbs!! lots.more to go yet though... my big motivator is james my son he is the reason i am doing this he was diagnosed with cystic fibrosis at 5 weeks old and i have decided to take action now as my weight was spiralling out of control and i am at my heaviest and feel miserable... i need to be around to keep my baby well so here i am focused and loving seeing the pounds fall away :)

is anyone else using cambridge and how are you finding it? could do with someome to tell me no when i get those craving days instead of fighting with myself!!

good luck everyone :) xx zoe xx

Hello how are you? Well done for starting the CD :) I just finished week 3 ydai and have so far lost 13lb :( grr 1lb of a stone but I pray I lose more this week. How is it going for u? I cheated last week :eek: had cottage cheese n chicken lol I couldnt resist but going to be 100% on SS this week lol I'm here if u need a chat. What and how much exercise do u do? xx

hiya :) being honest i havent done any exercise other than runnin around after a hyperactive 2 year old lol!! 13lb is really good hun especially in only 3 weeks youll definitely have your first stone off by next week :) well done :) im on step 2 so 3 shakes and a meal! i havent cheated but have found it hard especially in the evenings but i save a shake for then i have a chocolate obe as a hot chocolate :) makes me feel better got weigh in tomorrow but im having a really heavy cycle this month and i feel really bloated from it :( so im not expecting a big loss this week and wait for it to show next week!! xx

Hi every1! i have been on the cwp for 3 weeks now and i am starting to be tempted by food!!! i lost 8lb in my first week and 4lb in my second week which i am very happy with. My cwp consultant is now on holiday so i dont get weighed again for another 2 weeks which is hopfully going to be a good weight loss. Im hoping by joining this forum i will get lots of support and be able to help others:)xxxx

hi amy :) wow well done you!! 12 pounds in 2 weeks is great thats almost a stone :) yeah i have found it hard when others are eating around me i have to mind battle with myself lol! im gonna take some photos tonight and everytime i get a cravings for something look at my photos i know that will stop me!! keep going hun and when shes back from holiday youll have a good loss :) im weighing in tomorrow and then wont see her for 2 weeks as shes going on holiday too! but will look forward to weighing in when she back im sooo determined to get this weight off! xx

xzoelouisex said:
hiya :) being honest i havent done any exercise other than runnin around after a hyperactive 2 year old lol!! 13lb is really good hun especially in only 3 weeks youll definitely have your first stone off by next week :) well done :) im on step 2 so 3 shakes and a meal! i havent cheated but have found it hard especially in the evenings but i save a shake for then i have a chocolate obe as a hot chocolate :) makes me feel better got weigh in tomorrow but im having a really heavy cycle this month and i feel really bloated from it :( so im not expecting a big loss this week and wait for it to show next week!! xx

Lol awww yeah running after a child is a lot of work. Just try and drink as much water as u can. I hate the choc shakes now - got some bars which r yummy. I add Tabasco sauce in my soup which helps tonnes :) ah ur on SS + maybe I should move on it lol.. Aw if weight loss is slow one week it will hopefully show nx week - keep us posted x

will do weigh in is tomorrow morning! fingers crossed :) oh really i cant stand the soups... habing shakes and apple and cinnamon porridge the others are fowl i havent tried the bars yet are they nice?

xzoelouisex said:
will do weigh in is tomorrow morning! fingers crossed :) oh really i cant stand the soups... habing shakes and apple and cinnamon porridge the others are fowl i havent tried the bars yet are they nice?

Yes make sure u get a few bars. They r more tolerant then the rest of the sachet for sure!!
U will do well Hun I know it ;) so what do u have for ur meal? X

Thanks for the encouragement zoe:) Im also a mum to a 10 month old baby girl and she keeps me busy all day. I have about 5 stone to lose altogether and hopefully will be at my target weight by March next year. I have a goal of 2 stone by 17th November as i am Bridesmaid for my cousin and i dont want to look huge on the photos! Thats a really good idea about the photos and i think i might do that too! Keep going it will be worth it in the end, thats what i have to keep telling myself when i want to eat something:eek: xx

Last edited:
they certainly do keep us busy mummys!! :) during the day im fine as james keeps me occupied its when he goes to bed that i start thinking about food so i have the chocolate orange shake but make it hot and it stops me craving and then i just go bed ha!! my weight has spiralled out of control iv always been bigger than everyone else but i was comfortable but i put on alot in my pregnancy and when james was diagnosed with cystic fibrosis i comfort ate but now im ready to lose the weight and get comfortable again i would probably feel happy again to lose 5 stone but my goal is to lose 10 stone which will take me to a weight i dont think i rememeber seeing!! lol xx

sarajane- i will definitly have to try some of those :) i have salad and either chicken and mushrooms or salmon or prawns... and a big glass of water xx

I know the feeling, if i do lose 5 stone i will be back to a weight i was 10 years ago, if feels like it is a million miles away but i just keep thinking of how i will feel! good luck with your weigh in and let us know how it goes xxxx

i will do, im having such a heavy period though im not holding out much hope for much of a loss... do u know if this diet can effect your monthlys? iv never been this heavy i feel so bloated and horrible its rediculous! lol have just bought a pair of jeans a couple sizes smaller iv defo lost weight in my legs cuz they fit fine... just cant do them up will try again next month... thought this may give me some insentive :) xx

Yeah it does effect your time of the month, ive just had that last week! its such a good feeling when you get new clothes that are a smaller size and they fit! xx :)

yey 3.5lbs off and potentially more if i wasnt feeling so bloated! 6lbs to go till iv lost 2 stone :) not seeing her for 2 weeks now so should have lost it by then!! just bought some of the chocolate bars will try them and see if i like them.. whens your next weigh in? x

well done zoe:D thats a really brilliant weight loss!!!!! my next weigh in is on the 19th so another 10 days for me, im hoping to have lost about 8lb which would take me to just under 2stone in a month! I normally do ss but yesterday i done ss+ and had some chicken and mushrooms it was weird having proper food again! im back on ss now tho. keep up the good work:)xx

Amy12 said:
well done zoe:D thats a really brilliant weight loss!!!!! my next weigh in is on the 19th so another 10 days for me, im hoping to have lost about 8lb which would take me to just under 2stone in a month! I normally do ss but yesterday i done ss+ and had some chicken and mushrooms it was weird having proper food again! im back on ss now tho. keep up the good work:)xx

well done you for being able to do ss i could no way stick to that i need one meal to keep me sane ha! i had chicken and mushrooms yesterday... might have tuna tonight.. and one of the bars later tonight :) feeling hungry today cant wait for dinner.. do u feel like youve lost then? xx

Yeah i do feel like i have lost but i have told my husband to hide the scales because i weigh myself every morning which is becoming a bit obsessive! People are starting to tell me thay can see that i have lost weight which is a nice feeling and fills me with more determination to stick to the diet! I am bridesmaid in 5 weeks so that is my first goal and also the first time i am going to have a day off the diet! xx :p

Amy12 said:
Yeah i do feel like i have lost but i have told my husband to hide the scales because i weigh myself every morning which is becoming a bit obsessive! People are starting to tell me thay can see that i have lost weight which is a nice feeling and fills me with more determination to stick to the diet! I am bridesmaid in 5 weeks so that is my first goal and also the first time i am going to have a day off the diet! xx :p

hi amy how are you doing? x

Back