I'm addicted to the CD bars!

Want2bThin

I'm on my 6th week. Had a bit of a funny start to the diet.

Week 1 I lost 6lb
Week 2 I lost 9lb
Week 3 I lost 6lb
Week 4 I put on 1lb (i cheated slightly)
Week 5 I lost 2lb (was on the 790)

After my lapse week my CDC put me on the 790 so i wouldn't feel tempted - worked very well.

This week i'm back on the SS. But i'm addicted to the bars! One week I bought 7, one for everyday. But after 3 days they were all gone and i was left with a rumbling/sore stomach and very bad wind. Enough to put me off buying them again. Or so i thought...

This week i decided to try the bars again and have 1 per day, would stop me wanting to chew/cheat again. But here i am again farting constantly because i've scoffed all 7 in 3 days!!!

Has anyone else had this problem with being in some ways 'addicted' to the bars?

firstly well done on your weight loss so far
you are doing great

do you know i have just completed week 12 and still haven`t tried the bars
does the chewing make you feel hungrier than if you stuck to shakes?

kaz :D

Yes and No. I dont think having the bars makes you more hungry. The problem for me is i'm a chocoholic! Once that choc touches my lips i'm like a woman on a mission. It's only afterwards i feel terrible when my stomach is sore and i have the wind.

My CDC did tell me that you are only supposed to have 1 bar a day. I just can't seem to leave them alone.

I know exactly what you mean. I love the peanut ones and teh cranberry ones.

I only eat 1 per day, but could easily eat a whole box in one sitting!!!!

The peanut ones have less carbs in than the shales/soups, so i cant see any reason why you cant eat more than 1 a day??? Apart from terrible wind!!!!

You can't have more than 1 a day of the crunch bars because the high fibre content would upset your tummy.

Mike

I find that some weeks I can't have the bars (pmt week especially!) because I struggle to control myself with them. I do really love them. Now this week I am fine, I can have my one bar a day and enjoy it without wanting more, but just that one week a month I make sure I don't have any, none at all because I just end up wanting more!

I now feel happier as I'm controlling it. I know the week to avoid having the bars and for the rest of the time I'm fine on them and really enjoy them.

If you are struggling I would just not buy them for a while, or if you do, try writing down the times when you can't seem to control it and maybe it's connected to pmt like mine :)

I really like the peanut one, but thankfully I can only eat one at a time they bloat me too much.
Have you tried chopping them up and popping them in the freezer for a little while.
They may last longer and take longer to chew.
NO gurantees on that though :rolleyes:

No i haven't tried that but i'll definately give it a go. Mind you, to be honest i am thinking of just getting 1 per week. That way i can eat it straight away then i have nothing else to chomp on after!

I dont think it's pmt, i think it's literally down to i like them too much, and they are a real luxury after having the shakes all the time.

I have found though that i have completely gone off the soups. All i get now is chocolate tetra for work and choc and mint shakes. They seem to be the only flavours im really enjoying right now. Its odd, i do like the others. But the past few weeks i've been a mega chocoholic. I'm a bit worried.

No i haven't tried that but i'll definately give it a go. Mind you, to be honest i am thinking of just getting 1 per week. That way i can eat it straight away then i have nothing else to chomp on after!

I dont think it's pmt, i think it's literally down to i like them too much, and they are a real luxury after having the shakes all the time.

I have found though that i have completely gone off the soups. All i get now is chocolate tetra for work and choc and mint shakes. They seem to be the only flavours im really enjoying right now. Its odd, i do like the others. But the past few weeks i've been a mega chocoholic. I'm a bit worried.

How about when you were on 790? Did you find the choco cravings lessened?

Hi Kath,

Erm, no. The cravings were definately still there on 790.

I think 1 bar a week is what i need to do from now on, because otherwise i can feel that i will lapse. Especially while my chocoholic phase is at its peak.

Hi Kath,

Erm, no. The cravings were definately still there on 790.

I think 1 bar a week is what i need to do from now on, because otherwise i can feel that i will lapse. Especially while my chocoholic phase is at its peak.

Yes I think it's best you stick at it then, one bar a week - if you haven't got them you can't eat them! Hopefully your chocoholic phase will vanish!

I hope so!

Thanks for your advice Kath, really appreciate your support.

You can't have more than 1 a day of the crunch bars because the high fibre content would upset your tummy.

Mike

Thats quite interesting as i thought fibre was good for getting things moving in the gut? ummmm:confused:

I'm exactly the same if I get the bars I will eat them all within 2 day's, I even ate 5 in one sitting once!!! Im not sure what it is but if I have them Iv got to eat them all I have no self control around them so I have found the best thing to do is just get 1 bar and eat it after I have seen her so that's it then - all gone and no temptations!

I must admit I thought I was the only one lol!

N xx

I was just thinking about this......there could be some good control excercising done here.

You could try this week just get one bar and eat it straight away if you want to.

Next week get one bar and try and save it for the next day.

Week after, get two bars and try and leave a 2 day gap between the two.

Keep going like that and see how your control goes..it'll be useful excercises for when you do return to conventional food :) and hopefully when you do manage to control the urge to scoff them all at once you'll feel empowered!

I had this problem:mad:,but now my kind DH leaves me one a day,or every couple of days, then takes the rest to work with him:D

Thats a very good idea Susie. I'm sure my fiance would take pleasure in hiding my food and putting one in the fridge per day! Ha! Brilliant plan.

Hi Ya All

ME TOO!!! I love the choc and orange bars I am going for my weigh in tomorrow and usually would buy bars and tetras (love the choc ones) but I am seriously considering having more of the tetras and a bar as a treat cause I am eating my whole weeks stock in three days. No side effects but keep craving them.

Love the site, have been off track for a few weeks but having the site is really helping and I just log on when I get the urge to stray, great inspirations thanks to everyone who postsl

Back