I'm at the begining of my journey!

Faybe88

Hi all!

I started SW diet on the 12/11/12. Lost 2.5 in my first week, weigh in yesterday and I lost 5.5, meaning 8lbs in total. Slimmer of the week and month this time! Was well worth the embarassment of the clapping in the class! Feel I am getting into it this time, and I hope to really do well this time!
However, I am a comfort eater, I eat when i'm happy, i eat when I'm sad, I eat when I'm bored etc etc, so I thought that using this forum instead of eating would be a good move! I have spent all morning on this site and I think it's absolutely amazing! Lots and lots of really inspirational stories! I've just discovered the minimins app for the iPhone too! Think this might be my new thing!!

I started out at 18st0.5lbs my goal weight would be 12stones I think. I'm about 5'7. I know i'll never be a catwalk model. It's just not in my genes!! I don't really have a time scale, as long as the weight keeps coming off i'll be happy!!!

Hello! That's really brilliant what you've lost. Having a good weight loss in the early stages is a great boost. I'm at WW-SW doesn't work for me but hey, who cares?!! Whatever works eh?!! I started back (again!!!) in June this year. I was 17st 9lbs-I've managed to get down to 14st 5lbs to date and I'm still really motivated. This site has been a godsend. I just love reading other people's journeys and struggles and successes as it makes you realise you are not alone. I too have issues with food-I would say I possibly comfort eat-battled with bulimia for 14yrs when I was younger too. Anyhow, good luck with your continued weight loss and for what it's worth, don't ever skip classes if you become tempted and if you need advice, a boost of encouragement etc then I would say this is a fantastic resource!! Take care.

I would certainly say so! I have to admit, this is my new thing, and I hope that I keep it! Usually, evenings are spent infront of the telly with a few biccies. If i feel the urge for a biccie i come and have a look through here and my need goes quite quickly! Congratulations on the loss, that's fantastic! Weight watchers isn't for me, its strange how certain things suit certain people better! Take care! x

Hi there.

I'm right at the beginning too. I have lost 7.5 lbs and have at least 9 stone to go. I'm trying not to look at the big :p picture. I aim for 1lb a week and my only goal at the moment is my Club 10 (losing 10% of my initial weight.

I'm on Slimming World and finding it brilliant - so much to eat and a wonderfully supportive group and leader.

I kinda scared myself into it because I'm getting palpitations on walking up slopes which sort of hurt. I think being overweight all my life (I was a fat 4 year old) might finally be catching up with me. Full MOT later on this month.

Well done you on your losses! I've put on this week, but was expecting that with the boozy weekend I have just had! New week new start though, and I'm doing a food diary this week to give me an extra kick up the bum! I'm from a family of large women, my sister is going for a gastric bypass in the new year, I think thats what kick started me into actually going to slimming world, instead of trying it on my own (never works for me!!) Hope your check up goes well! I need to set myself a goal like that.. Instead of just wanting to lose 6 stones! 10% sounds like a fab goal! xx

Hi
i have just started using this site properly today, you sound very much like me with the eating for all emotions. Your start with sw is fab. It's funny how we are embarrassed when we are clapped for doing so well but you deserve it!
I have health issues from being overweight for so long and it's been a wake up call. An mot with dr is a great idea even though a little scary.
Enjoy the wk end!

This site is a great source of help and support! Recipes and ideas a-plenty! The MOT may be scary but you've taken a step in the right direction! Good luck! xx

Back