Original I'm back 4th time (ish) need updating/help please

scoobydoo2009

iv had a rubbish 6 monthe,lost 6 members of my family including my mum,im struggling to come to terms with it,iv not been back to work since sept last year,tbh im thinking of leaving i cant face going back,

im now the heaviest iv ever been 10st 10lbs,i need to start to do things for me and get back on track,

iv not done slimming world for a few years tbh i didnt give 100% last time,

this time i need to stick with the plan and exercise,

in the past iv done mainly green days but want to do both as my biggest problem is not eating enough.

so any tips advice will be gratefully received,

thankyou :)

My first piece of advice would be to speak to a bereavement counsellor about your losses. Six family members is a hard thing to deal with- you may find that once you get your mind back on track your body will follow xx

I am so sorry for your loss. I lost my father & uncle within months in 2010, a little while after my uncle died my aunt was diagnosed with motor neurones disease & passed away in march last year. This I feel was the factor in my weight gain also. I unfortunately eat when upset & also boredom is a trigger. Exercise is always a good idea & a good cure for boredom ;-)

Have you tried the extra easy way? I'm finding this a lot easier than the green. Keep your chin up :)

i am currently on my 4th out of 6 sessions with a counselor,i still cant grieve or cry,i find any of it something i need to do in private

i agree boredom and missing meals have played a big part of my weight gain,i thought it was the anti depressants but with the help from my gp iv been off them 6 weeks,(i was hoping they were the reason of weight gain)but not.

i just feel im getting out of control,none of my clothes are fitting me,and i need to pick myself up and do something positive

il have a look at the extra easy,thankyou

Good luck, I would also recommend extra easy, it is really good to do for the whole family and you just learn to adjust your eating habits.

:hug99:This must be a very difficult time for you. I lost my mum 2009 and struggled, still do at times (sniffling as I write). I went back to work 2 weeks after and was a mess for months because I felt if I didn't go then I'd never go. Let your mates know how you feel, you'll be surprised the support you'll get. Mine were fanatastic and still are! They know I still struggle at times but it does get better. I started last year and lost 2 stones then became unwell again myself (so did my dog Beau) and put it all back on. Have been trying again and back to a stone off at present with ups an downs. I do extra easy and when I'm good the weight does come off. Good Luck with your weight loss!

I am so sorry to hear about your loss, its such a devastating time for you. I lost my grandad in november and I was heartbroken so I cant begin to imagine how you are feeling

I think the extra easy would probably be the best option for you as its well... easier! You can pretty much eat whatever you like (within reason obviously) and still lose the weight.
I have been doing it for 5 weeks now and lost 8lbs in that time and I havent done much exercise in that time - its come off just with eating the right things.
Good luck with your weight loss

I think when I started I just scoured the internet and I also joined a slimming world group page on facebook. You will probably find a whole wealth of info on this forum alone as I have only been on this forum a couple of weeks and have already found loads of useful info.

If this helps.....

FREE FOODS
Lean meat, seafood, fish, poultry, quorn(pieces and mince) tofu, pasta (dried) noodles (dried) potatos, rice, cous cous, peas, beans, parsnips, sweetcorn, quark, herbs/ spices

SUPERFREE FOODS
fresh fruit, vegetables & salad

SYNS
Chocolate, sweets, crisps, alcohol, take aways, ready meals, sauces, butter, gravy, oils, cakes, biscuits

This list is just a basic idea for you. I went to the library and found some slimming world recipe books and there are some lovely meals in them

Hope this all helps
x

If you have access to the slimming world website use it.. I found it really helpful and use the syns online all the time to help me.

Back