I'm back...again...and failing, again ARGH!!!!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Weight Watchers' started by Marie_D, 14 January 2010 Social URL.

1. Marie_D

Marie_D Gold Member

Well...it's been ages since I've been on here properly, but I've been lurking about for a couple of weeks so thought I'd take the plunge and say hello :)

As some of you may know, I've been on and off here for a good couple of years now (where did that time go?!), I reeeally struggle to control my weight because I just LOVE food, and wine :eek: As I result of that I am now about 2st heavier than I was when I first joined MM's! :eek:

A lot has changed for me since I was last here, including the fact that I finally seem to be controlling my weight - for the first time EVER!! I started to lose a few lbs on my own in Sept/Oct last year, without even trying (first time that's ever happened!!) so I joined a WW group with a friend in November. I've managed to lose weight every week so far and am down a stone since then, so feeling much better already. We missed 3 weeks weigh in's over xmas and new year and had my first weigh in since this Wednesday - 4.5lb down! Over Xmas! Result!! I felt very smug as I stood in the queue listening to everyone talking about how pleased they were to have only gained a couple of lbs over xmas etc...gained?!...Pah!...I LOST :D:p

So, I am back, and this time I am gonna get to goal. Only another 2.5st to go, lol

x

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Marie_D

Marie_D Gold Member

And as an added bonus, I just noticed that my BMI is now JUST under 30 - making me overweight instead of obese - woo hooooo!!! Hahaha :eek:

Jax123 likes this.
  4. Kater-tater

Kater-tater Gold Member

Start Weight:
    12st5lb
    Goal Weight:
    8st13lb
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Well done!!!! Good for you for coming back and keep trying!

5. Mumma K

Mumma K Gold Member

Start Weight:
    22st6lb
    Current Weight:
    15st11lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    6st9lb(29.62%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Welcome congratulations on your weight loss so far and here's to continued success to your goal

6. Starlight

Starlight Gold Member

Diet:
    Weight Watchers
  7. MrsFatBum

MrsFatBum Gold Member

Start Weight:
    18st7lb
    Current Weight:
    18st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    well done and good luck x

8. vodaka999

vodaka999 Silver Member

Diet:
    Weight Watchers
    Hi Marie

I have just come back aswell but not doing as fabby as you are, its so nice to hear you are in control of everything now and i bet you were a bit smug, and with good reason ..... isnt it just so much easier when you have the click

I gorged my body weight in chocolate over xmas, my jeans wish i had said no thanks a bit more often :(

9. vgstar44

vgstar44 Full Member

Start Weight:
    12st4lb
    Current Weight:
    10st0lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    2st4lb(18.6%)
    Badges:
    Maintainer
    Diet:
    Weight Watchers
    ello Marie.

Glad your getting on top of it now.
    Well done on your bmi result too

xx

10. Marie_D

Marie_D Gold Member

Thanks for your replies :)

I've not had such a good week this week...not looking forward to weigh in this week, but fingers crossed!

Had some greeeeat news this week though - I'm going on holiday this year, to Cyprus!...first time I've been abroad in yeeeeeeeeears!! CAN'T WAIT!!!!! I'm going in August, so I have about 6 months to lose about two and half stone....eeeeeeek!!! REALLY hope I can do it though - would love to be able to go away and actually wear a bikini....though that might need more like 3st, but I'll try, heehee.

11. Mummy&Wifey

Mummy&Wifey Full Member

Start Weight:
    12st8lb
    Current Weight:
    12st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st8lb(4.55%)
    Diet:
    Weight Watchers
    Hi Marie

I'm not that long here either after lurking myself for a few weeks but welcome back to the forum :D
    And well done being in control and doing so well over xmas, that really requires determination :)

Oh and I see your off to Cyprus this summer, you will absolutely love it!!!
    I just got married there (July 09) and loved every second of it :D
    The weather is fab, the people are so friendly & the food is delish!!!
    Maybe too delish for my own good :( lol.

xx

Last edited: 18 January 2010
  12. blackwidow

blackwidow Gold Member

Start Weight:
    19st2lb
    Current Weight:
    19st2lb
    Goal Weight:
    13st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    WW
    2.5 stone is totally doable before then Marie - that and some situps and you'll look fabulous! :D xxx

13. Starlight

Starlight Gold Member

Diet:
    Weight Watchers
  14. Marie_D

Marie_D Gold Member

Oh no! Not nice food! Think I'd be better off going somewhere where the food is gross!! Hahaha. Congratulations on your wedding by the way :) xx

15. Marie_D

Marie_D Gold Member

Do you know what, I was actually thinking of starting to do situps...but I'm sooo lazy...and as easy as they are to do, I know I'll still struggle to stick to doing them every day (sounds pathetic I know, but I know what I'm like :eek:). That said, I might already have a six pack anyway, just can't see it under the 3 inches of flab covering it!! Lol xx

16. Marie_D

Marie_D Gold Member

Thanks Sandy - will do ;) xx

17. YumyMumy

YumyMumy Crawling to the finish!

Start Weight:
    12st12lb
    Current Weight:
    12st6lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st6lb(3.33%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    hey gorgeous, glad to know your still going... Im erm.. lets just say alot heavier. whoops, keep it up xx:D

18. Avatar

MiniMins.com Advert

19. Marie_D

Marie_D Gold Member

Hey treacle! You're back on MM's too then? Will be keeping an eye on you ;)

Well, weighed in this morning (I do go to ww meetings but I go by my home scales for her as that's how I started) and I'm another 1.5lb down - very happy with that considering the week I've had! :D BUT....I do not trust my new leaders scales AT ALL!! Last week, they were 4.5lb heavier than my home scales (I'm on and off my own scales ALL the time so I trust them completely!!) but today they were only 3lb heavier, so on my own scales I'd lose 1.5lb, at WW I'd lost 3lb!!! That is a shocking difference!!! :eek:

There is NO WAY I've lost 3lb this week because I haven't been especially good, so I KNOW they are wrong......I just think that's really bad! How can WW scales be out by so much!? It's disgraceful!!

20. Jax123

Jax123 Gold Member

Start Weight:
    21st7lb
    Current Weight:
    17st4lb
    Goal Weight:
    13st0lb
    Lost(%):
    4st3lb(19.6%)
    2.5 stone is easily doable by summer with a goal to focus on. So pleased you seem to be in the right zone at the moment - good luck with WI x

21. Dobo

Dobo Full Member

Start Weight:
    12st5lb
    Current Weight:
    11st6.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st5lb
    Lost(%):
    0st12.5lb(7.23%)
    Diet:
    CD (ex-WW)
    Just come back on myself for the first time in ages, nice to catch up with you, Vodka and Starlight. Moved to CD this time last year and got to goal and kept it off pretty much but odd pound has started creeping on. Am now 9lb over target so have taken the bull by the horns and am knuckling down. Glad to hear you are all OK. Good luck with your weight loss.

Dobo
    x

22. YumyMumy

YumyMumy Crawling to the finish!

Start Weight:
    12st12lb
    Current Weight:
    12st6lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st6lb(3.33%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    im back to check up on you hehe! your doing really well! Thats terrible with the WW scales, I dont know ones to go from now, I suppose my home scales would be better but I havnt checked on the now!! hmm... Il weigh myself on wednesday morning then at my metting in the evening,and stick to my home scales, Ive been going off them long enough now!! xx

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.