Im coming back! Hit me with your ideas!

ClaireCat

On a mission for boobs!
Ok, so Im coming back! Starting Sunday (night out on saturday, so not even going to attempt it before hand!).

My problem is breakfast ideas and quick lunches that dont involve too much faffing about/reheating. Generally I'd make extra on the night before's dinner and have that for lunch, but its not very imaginative.

My big trouble is breakfast I can grab on the go and eat at my desk at work. I'm just not willing to get up earlier to have a cooked breakfast, and the thought of anything egg related doesnt do it for me. So if its not an atkins bar, im stumped.

So, hit me with your "on the go" or "throw together" ideas for breakfast, and something quick/easy and doesnt involve any form of cooking/reheating for lunch!

I need inspiration! :p

I sometimes have two babybels if I'm in a hurry, but that is not very imaginative either.

Im usually a pickle egg on the passing kinda person, or an atkins bar!

Little cheddar portions that you get in tesco and tesco crispy bacon slices. the cheeses you can get in applewood smoked - very nice.

Also you could cook cheeseburger pie it's lays a hit.

Usually I just eat ham egg cups or some variation which could include little chunks of chicken added.

Sent from my iPad using MiniMins

I fail to believe that you all only eat cheese or egg based goods for breakfast! lol!

I have soya yogurt with a chocolate protein powder mixed in..... no cheese or eggs for me!xx

I used to make flax bread ahead (see recipe in recipe section) then slice and freeze. Either defrost ahead or stick straight in the toaster for toast with butter and marmite or for use for a lunch sandwich.
Cold sausages are another great back up for brekkie or lunch
Personally i'm hooked on bacon and eggs for brekkie now!

Oooh, cold sozzies! Not made Flax bread in a while, I can almost smell it now you've mentioned it - definitly an aquired taste. Cant remember if I liked it now or not! lol!

Do they sell the soya yogurt in individual pots? I've only ever seen the big alpro ones.

hey hun you could try

matterson chicken bites which comes in individual packets.

you could prepare some smoked salmon rolls the night before

pepparami sticks

pre -cooked turkey chunks ( found in local shopping places)

salami
if i up with anymore ideas il let you no

good luck xx

Flaxmeal cereal. It's not the tastiest thing in the world (or the lowest carb), but it's easy and er...keeps you regular, IYKWIM.

Also, Greek Yoghurt, full fat, with nuts or seeds or berries or flaxmeal (more flax...).

If you can be bothered to make them in advance, oopsie rolls with almond butter or...well, whatever you want.

this might sound crazy, but i dont like to eat a lot of eggs and ham and that in the morning , i like to get some sugar free jelly, mix with cream and a couple of spoons of canned rubarb mix altogether and it makes me feel like i am eatin a cereal from the bowl, i am a tad crazy hehe

I also have a sweet tooth in the morning so I usually have flex z hot cereal 2net carbs. But recently I have fallen in love with Greek yogurt, I LOVE. The stuff, I either have it with 3 strawberries or sugar free jelly. It surprisingly fills me up. Failing that I have a Atkins shake and then a baby bell for a bit later as it doesn't fill me up that much.

Greek yogurt is like the best thing ever for me at the moment, since my taste buds have changed, i don't miss the sweetness that I previously would have.

I love Greek yogurt too, but it's been harder and harder to get in the local supermarkets lately! They keep selling the 0% rather than the full fat one... evil people!

I'm all for eating cold chicken leftovers in the morning... love me some chicken!

Aldi do a lovely creamy full fat version, one of the nicest I have tried :)

What about -

- sliced meat and cheese sticks?
- Alpro do small pots x 4 packs of yoghurt - but the carbs are higher
- Debbie and Andrew garden herb sossies 0.2g carbs each - with sauteed mushrooms made the night before
- leftover meat and veg :)

If you've got a microwave, what about hot bacon with avocado and tomato/ On flaxbread, with lots of butter mmmm

Or as someone mentioned, flax porridge with yoghurt - I think Bren put a recipe on the Just Recipes thread

Last edited:
The words "hot" and "cooked" imply effort, and I am lacking in that. LOL!

Back