I'm confused...

Thetrigos

Silver Member
You've probably had this post a thousand times before but i can't find an answer!

I've just re-joined WW having taken a break since Christmas. I lost 25lb, then went off track at xmas and never really got back on it, thankfully stayed the same weight though. I've just joined online as i've since gone back to work and have two children under 2, so find it hard to get to a meeting.

I'm using the online tracker, which is new to me as i've always just written everything down in the past, and also using my calculator that i bought back when PP launched, just before i stopped going to meetings. I've just entered a slice of bread online and it was 2 points, but i had 2 slices of bread which i put in and it was 5 points... so am i cheating myself if i enter the slices of bread seperately to save myself a point? Should i be tracking it as 5 points?

Also, is it ok just to be entering everything i eat in my calculator to keep track of how many points i have left for the day, or do people find it more effective to be writing down what they eat as they eat it? I know there's no right or wrong answer, i'm just wondering how people find the most effective way of tracking?

Thanks in advance ;) x

You've probably had this post a thousand times before but i can't find an answer!

I've just re-joined WW having taken a break since Christmas. I lost 25lb, then went off track at xmas and never really got back on it, thankfully stayed the same weight though. I've just joined online as i've since gone back to work and have two children under 2, so find it hard to get to a meeting.

I'm using the online tracker, which is new to me as i've always just written everything down in the past, and also using my calculator that i bought back when PP launched, just before i stopped going to meetings. I've just entered a slice of bread online and it was 2 points, but i had 2 slices of bread which i put in and it was 5 points... so am i cheating myself if i enter the slices of bread seperately to save myself a point? Should i be tracking it as 5 points?

Also, is it ok just to be entering everything i eat in my calculator to keep track of how many points i have left for the day, or do people find it more effective to be writing down what they eat as they eat it? I know there's no right or wrong answer, i'm just wondering how people find the most effective way of tracking?

Thanks in advance ;) x

A lot of bread works out at 2.3/2.4pp, but of course you don't get halves. So 1 is 2pp (rounded down) and 2 slices is 5pp (2.4+2.4 = 4.8 rounded to 5)

Applies with a lot of stuff so you need to do it right because it DOES make a difference when you add up how many times this happens it could be a difference of 1 or 2pp a day

At the end of the day any one of us is only cheating ourselves if we don't do the plan properly

I find I have to write down everything to keep myself on track but I think everyones different x

I only keep on plan if I track everything - it helps me a lot

I figured it was rounding up, i don't mind counting it, and it can only be a good thing for my weight loss if i have less points to use! I just wasn't sure if it was a technical glitch with the online system or if it was correct... which it is! Thanks Hannata xx

no problem pet

I found that the hardest thing to deal with going from old plan to new.. when you're writing it down (rather than esource) its a right royal pain!! It very rarely happened on Discover so you got away with the odd point. I actually find myself searching for bread thats less!!!

I found some normal bread that is 2, 4, 6, and 9 for 4! bahahaha sucess!! (It's called Irwins Hi Fibre - might be a local brand, it works out like that cause its a tad shorter than normal bread)

Hi. I input it the same way as I eat it. If I have two slices in one meal I put it in that way and it will round it up. If I have one slice one meal and one slice another meal I put it in separately for each meal and it won't. Given that is how they designed the tracker I am assuming that is how they wanted it to work. What I don't do is pretend I ate them in separate meals when I.didn't or put it in manually to save myself a point.

Edited to add that I am talking about using the online tracker. I don't track any other way.

I do the same as pudnpie.. it's a pain sometimes when you have to work out doubles, but you get used to it after a while!

Thanks for your replies!

I'm finding the online tracker quite good pudnpie, i've always tracked by paper before and wasn't sure how i'd get on but it works quite well and i love that most of the time you can just enter a food without having to work out the PP's. Will have to track on paper at weekends as i've just moved house and havent got any internet at home at the moment, hopefully it won't discourage me!

Will have to track on paper at weekends as i've just moved house and havent got any internet at home at the moment, hopefully it won't discourage me!

as long as you aren't eating anything outrageous, then you could just write down what you eat and then put it in the tracker to work out the points when you get online. Or just write a rough idea of the points and let the tracker do it accurately.

hi everyone, i didn't know that about bread! I only joined monday and didn't get told about esource :-( will enquire next week! anyway I use my card calculator or the app on my i phone and my bread works out as 2 per slice! so should i double the values and do it that way and see if it then says 5? is that what you are saying? sorry trying to get head around it! x

hi everyone, i didn't know that about bread! I only joined monday and didn't get told about esource :-( will enquire next week! anyway I use my card calculator or the app on my i phone and my bread works out as 2 per slice! so should i double the values and do it that way and see if it then says 5? is that what you are saying? sorry trying to get head around it! x

yep you double all of the nv: protein, carbs, fat fibre then put it in the calc x

you will find after a while you will get to know what foods are not just doubled when you have it ie. bread, so it will just come second nature to you, so it will all make sense, happy food day :D

Back