I'm convinced having veggies effect weightloss/ketosis/binge-ing

Nomsad

I'm currently doing 4 a day with a couple of tea's with skim milk, on second day. My hardest time is evening so I save one pack til before bedtime so I dont having hunger pains which effect my ability to sleep. this is my 5th restart, I found having the veg just made me crave food more wheras just having 4 shakes each made with about 500mls water, they are waterery is working for me, but does anyone find that just eating something leads them to be hungrier and wanting more??? I cant even do the meals/porridge/bars because I ate 8 bars in one go once...... just liquids are the only thing that doesn't make me think.... I need to have more but maybe thats because I'm on banana/strawberry flavours at the moment which aren't the niciest???? anyone relate???

Having the recommended veggies isn't going to affect weight loss OR ketosis. As for triggering a binge that's a personal thing. Personally I find the meal packs stop me wanting or needing anything else. It might be worth trying them

Starlight said:
Having the recommended veggies isn't going to affect weight loss OR ketosis. As for triggering a binge that's a personal thing. Personally I find the meal packs stop me wanting or needing anything else. It might be worth trying them

Snap. Thats why i love s&s so much. The meal pack and veg allowance really helps me. Just had my spicy spag and mushrooms and im stuffed. x

I had the meals but I just felt hungry afterwards maybe it is a personal thing??? still S'n'S shakes are still the best value on the net and all the shakes taste the same. the veggies are an optional extra so can miss them out but I'm doing ok atm, managed to get to the (almost) end of day two on shakes and not feeling hungry, I wonder if its the chewing that stimulates my need for food, I never feel hungry or full..... hmmmmm

the meals packs are lovely....just too nice which is why I end up eating em all at once lol

i agree with you all as everyone is diffrent, personaly i just have the shakes and bars but have a few meals just incase i fancy eating something

Hi Nomsad!

When I did LL and lived off just the shakes I was always hungry too. When they introduced the savoury meals which are about the same serving size as S&S, it always felt like something was 'missing'. I ended up literally living off the LL porridges and bars as I found them so filling.... Do you like the S&S porridges at all?

S&S is so flexible! I normally start my day at 8:45 before I go to work with a shake blended with ice, then I have another shake at around 12:15 I eat the evening savoury meal at around 17:30 with cauliflower 'rice' or a mix of mushrooms, leeks and cauliflower and that really fills me up and this hasn't affected my weight losses personally, but I do not have the milk allowance.... I do drink/sip a lot of water and black coffee throughout the day though, at least 3 litres of water, a habit I got into due to LL! Do you drink your water allowance?
I usually have my last meal which is always the bar quite late too (between 9-10pm!) as this feels like a treat.
If drinking shakes helps more than eating the meals than maybe that is the best plan for you. The bars are really tempting and I am a total chocoholic, but because they are so small I personally do not find them a good 'meal substitute.
I know it is tough, but you can do it! Good luck. x:D

I find that having the shakes with about 550mls water means I'm having a litre of water without feeling it, and with the tea and water with wahoo flavoring I'm drinking enough I feel :) think I may feel better in ketosis, might try a meal or two when I oder next, have enough shakes for the next four weeks, so hopefully will be fully established into ketosis. weighed myself on boots scales and was 14stone6lb but this was with pre-period water retention/bloating.... started Totm yesterday and s'N'S, I also think my totm brings on a binge also it was delayed and worried about being pregnant so waited to start s'n's until it came yesterday..... have all the classic signs of withdrawal, headaches, tetchyness, tired, time moving slowly, clock watching etc...... but on the upside my kids are at the dads for 5 days over jubilee and I can concentrate on just myself, seeing fiance on monday at the cinema, but will have been on this a whole week and into routine of it by then hurrah! not weighing myself will weigh two weeks tomo, 14th may so hopefully a stone down...... :).... but 9 or 10lbs down will make me happy..... :)

I'm currently doing 4 a day with a couple of tea's with skim milk, on second day. My hardest time is evening so I save one pack til before bedtime so I dont having hunger pains which effect my ability to sleep. this is my 5th restart, I found having the veg just made me crave food more wheras just having 4 shakes each made with about 500mls water, they are waterery is working for me, but does anyone find that just eating something leads them to be hungrier and wanting more??? I cant even do the meals/porridge/bars because I ate 8 bars in one go once...... just liquids are the only thing that doesn't make me think.... I need to have more but maybe thats because I'm on banana/strawberry flavours at the moment which aren't the niciest???? anyone relate???

being deprived of food makes me binge, i make sure i dont just have protein and veg i have a wondeful meal!! i have spiced up chicken or prawns or lovely fresh fish, to be honest
it takes me ages to eat it!
im all for not being so strict you think omg ive just eaten a rice grain! i think with this attitude it sets us up to fail.
yesterday i was going mad for a cheese bap, i made myself 1 and could only eat half, i threw the other half away. that craving has gone it hasnt affected my weightloss, whereas if i had deprived myself of it id be eating 3 baps today!
i find the thicker the shake its much more satisfying. If you are in ketosis you wont have true hunger, its head hunger and you have to work thro those issues.

I have been having my veg allowance in a small-ish bowl with my soup pack and it looks like a massive portion to me now, I tend to eat it slowly with a small spoon which seems to trick my brain into thinking its getting more food than it is.

I also find that if i feel really hungry, which has only happened a couple of times so far and I think it was boredom more than anything, having a can of coke zero fills me up - with bubbles!!

I have had coke zero if I am hit by hunger whilst I'm out, it does hit the spot and makes the hungr go away :) today having 3 shakes plus chicken and veg, chunky chicken value range at tescos is pretty good £1.80 for 240g, enough for two dinners :) and steamed broccolli and cauliflower, was nice and I feel quite content, maybe I need the protein with the veg???? I had a big day out today JSA signing on, out for 5 hours so when I got back just needed to eat something I guess, but its so good this plan that you can change it up :) without feeling like you've blown it! I needed to eat a meal today, sometimes you just do I guess. I'm hoping to do the 10 weeks then switch to JUDDD, which is my plan of choice when I'm looking to maintain :) thanks everyone for your replys was just having a hungry day yesterday!

Did you say your having chewing gum!!! Thats probably making you feel hungry AND maybe keeping you out of ketosis!!

Think its the sorbitol in it or something!!! X

im all for not being so strict you think omg Ive just eaten a rice grain! i think with this attitude it sets us up to fail.

lol just reminded me of what I did yesterday I am mega strict and to check my OH rice was cooked I chewed a single grain and then took it out, swallowing it was out of the question :p people thought I was crazy. I must be the opposite to you in that not being so strict would set me up to fail because I would start to think it was acceptable.

I have to have gum if I am around people as my breath has been likened to the smell off dogpoo!!!!!!!

Nomsad said:
I have to have gum if I am around people as my breath has been likened to the smell off dogpoo!!!!!!!

There are some breath strips available that don't affect ketosis, be worth tracking them down

or you can use retardex oral spray, mine was about £3.50 from boots. i checked with my consultant when i was doing CD and its fine. tastes quite nice really and works a treat.

gonna get some of that :) thanks!

Back