I'm finding it so hard to stick to it this week.

Discussion in 'Slimming World' started by PinkToaster, 12 September 2008 Social URL.

Post New ThreadFind New
  1. PinkToaster

PinkToaster Silver Member

Diet:
    Slimming World - Everyday is a green day!
    I think it's because I didn't lose any weight last week. If I had then it might have been an inspiration to carry on and not ruin it.

I'm also really unsatisfied with having to eat lunch at college. I always have to take something with me because there's nothing low syn I can buy, and I always feel hungry and deprived.

The whole point of this diet is that it's not a diet, it's a eating/lifestyle change and I shouldn't feel deprived because of all the free foods, but I do! And I don't know what to do.

Last edited: 12 September 2008
  2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. dehli

dehli Silver Member

Start Weight:
    13st9lb
    Current Weight:
    12st3lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st6lb(10.47%)
    Diet:
    slimming world
    aww sorry you're feeling like that. Forget last week, this week is a fresh start. Can't you get salads or jacket spuds at college? That would be low in syns. Why are you feeling deprived? Maybe you should vary your food a bit to make it more interesting, and have a treat after weigh-in. Good luck, you can do it!

4. PinkToaster

Diet:
    I can get jacket potatoes, but I had them a couple of times last week and I stopped fancying them. I'm not sure about salads but in the past they haven't been known to fill me up. I feel deprived because everyone I am with can buy whatever they like, and eat whatever they like, and I have to eat what I've brought. I liked the freedom to choose what I wanted depending on how I felt.

5. rainbow

rainbow Gold Member

Start Weight:
    20st4.5lb
    Current Weight:
    17st13lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st7lb
    Lost(%):
    2st5.5lb(11.78%)
    Diet:
    SW
    I started to feel a bit fed up of lunches, so I tend(ed) to use my syns at lunch time on crisps and choc - lol!!!

6. PinkToaster

Diet:
    I guess I could do that. I still feel bad about eating junk though.

It's really more about sandwiches though. I wish I could just go buy and eat a sandwich.
    I know I could buy a wholemeal one and have it as a hex but the egg mayo is hard to value for syns.

7. slimming-girl

slimming-girl Silver Member

Start Weight:
    16st1lb
    Current Weight:
    15st5lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st10lb(4.44%)
    Diet:
    Herbalife
    hey if you have access to a microwave why not take left overs from tea, i ve had jacket potatoes quorn curry etc egg mayo sandwiches with health extra for bread i really enjoy it :D read some of teh stories and get motivated :D xx

8. zenabob2105

zenabob2105 Silver Member

Start Weight:
    13st4lb
    Current Weight:
    9st9lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st10lb
    Lost(%):
    3st9lb(27.42%)
    Diet:
    slimming world
    what do you take for lunches??

9. PinkToaster

Diet:
    This week I've taken wholemeal sandwiches with Quorn style ham and salad cream. I thought this would be something I would enjoy, as I love sandwiches with Quorn meat. Carrot sticks. Yesterday I took some home made crisps and today I took 2 picnic ball things.

10. zenabob2105

Start Weight:
    13st4lb
    Current Weight:
    9st9lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st10lb
    Lost(%):
    3st9lb(27.42%)
    Diet:
    slimming world
    have you tried mug shots, or SW quiche, I usually have 2 -3 parts to my lunch....say the shot or quiche, fruit, yoghurts sometimes with either babybel's(hex) or hilife/aplen (hex B) the possibilities are endless

11. PinkToaster

Diet:
    I'm gonna buy some Alpen bars cause I think it would help. I do buy fruit when I'm out, usually raspberries or strawberries, I had some today.
    I think it's mostly the sandwich. Maybe I should try a different brand of wholemeal. Any ideas?

12. zenabob2105

Start Weight:
    13st4lb
    Current Weight:
    9st9lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st10lb
    Lost(%):
    3st9lb(27.42%)
    Diet:
    slimming world
    not sure really i don't eat much bread, i usually have the ryvita minis, with babybel, laughing cow extra light or quorn slice, i like taking all the small bites, i think i feel like i have eaten more than just 2 ryvita crackers...lol....weird eh. I know lunches can be frustrating, i have difficulties because i am in my car out on the rd, going into shops looking at chocolate all day, so i have to get creative....so not tempted....:sigh:

13. PinkToaster

Diet:
    It's really weird though, since I started SW I haven't felt the urge to eat chocolate. Even thinking about eating it turns my stomach a little. I haven't craved any "junk" foods, whenever I've over eaten on syns it's been on savoury foods. (Except for today when I had a crepe with nutella... I didn't even finish it, I just wanted to try one.)

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.