I'm getting married in May! Have 5 months starting after Jan to lose 3 stone!

Tanya c

Hi all,

I'm getting married in May 2010 and am planning to start slimming world in Jan. I need to shift 2.5 to 3 stone. Have gotta do this! Haven't started even looking for dresses lol

Is this achieveable?? Any advice please? really desperate xxx

Wow, you want to get down to 7.5 stone!? Thats very low hun.
Best way though is to just stick to the plan and eat lots of super free and speed foods. Best of luck and keep us updated :) x

the last time i did sw i lost 2.5stone is about 3 months and some of those weeks i did put a bit on... for example 2 weeks in ibiza all inclusive... i gained 3lb lol
congrats on the wedding and good luck x

Hi, no my avatar is wrong. It's from when I did the cambridge diet! I actually weigh 11 stone now but at 4ft 11 not too good! Did u exercise when losing the 2.5 stone?

how about start now? u have a couple of weeks to lose a few pounds before xmas, so then if u gain a couple at xmas u dont have even more to lose. I'm also doing the pre wedding diet- good luck to us! xx

Good luck and agree with Vic08 that it might be worth starting now to negate any Xmas gains. That's my plan!

def coz ur running to such a tight deadline, because most dresses take 3 months to order unless u can just get one off the rack in a sale or something, and even then u need time for alterations! i ordered mine in april and still hasnt arrived!

Congrats on the wedding. I have been following SW for almost 5 months and am 1lb off losing 3 stone so it is possible but everyone is different.

I have been really lucky so far and have not had any gains at all. Maybe if you exercise as well you may be able to do it

But our bodies are weird and wonderful things so try not too put yourself under too much pressure. Good luck and keep us posted xx

The first time I did SW I lost 3.5stone in 5 months so it is achievable. As of after Xmas I have 5 stone to lose before my wedding in June. I don't think I'll achieve that but if I lose 3.5 by then I'll be very very happy.

I'm sure that's acheivable Tanya! It's easier to lose when you have something so important like a wedding day to aim for! Stay focussed and you can do it!! I would think that exercise will help a lot too, and you'll look ultra toned in that lovely dress!X

Good luck for this!

Like others said, I reckon you'd be better off starting as soon as possible x

It's achievable but you'll be pushing it with getting a dress - mine took 9 months and then I was lucky it didn't need altering (although I wish I hadn't done it backwards and lost weight after the wedding).

Thanks guys! I'm looking to hire my dress, is it still the same process. will I be waiting a long time?

no idea about hiring dresses? maybe call around the shops and find out how it works. besxt to have a time scale so u have time to find something x

What a great motivation to lose weight! Congratulations and your upcoming wedding and good luck with the weight loss! I'd try and minimise the damage over Christmas so you aren't starting at a higher weight than you are now. I'm sure you'll do great :D

It's achievable but you'll be pushing it with getting a dress - mine took 9 months and then I was lucky it didn't need altering (although I wish I hadn't done it backwards and lost weight after the wedding).

I have 6 months to my day and haven't looked for dresses yet - most places have told me it's a max of 16 weeks to get a dress in. Worse case I buy one off the peg!

Back