I'm getting there!

Louise44

My main problem seems to be in the evenings! Have done 2 down days so far (in between up days) and I had 800 cals on both days! I was just way to hungry in the evening. Funny enough during the day I dont miss food at all.

Im thinking would it be better to keep the bulk of my cals for the evening time and just not eat after breakfast at all?

I have 500 to play with.

By the way, second question sorry! All diets say that not eating enough certain days causes the body to go into starvation mode, however Im assuming this doesnt happen with the JUDD diet as its only ever one day at a time?

Thanks!!

Hi , firstly forget about what you have learnt about dieting in the past because next to none of it applies on Juddd ;) Juddd works by NOT going into starvation mode as its only 24 hrs at a time, its important to eat well on your UP days and stick to under 500 on your DD s. Its easier to stick to DD s when you are well fuelled from your UP day. Everyone is different about their approach to DD s, some eat small regular meals others eat a larger meal in the evenings, some wait to start to eat until hungry etc etc. My advice would be to try different approaches for your first few DD s see what suits you best, if evenings are generally your worst time, keep some of your allowance back for milk in tea and coffee and drink tea, coffee and water , soft drinks until as late as you can then have a meal at tea time or have 2 smaller meals one teatime one later in the evening. If you are struggling to get under the 800 then try and bring them down slowly whilst your body gets used to the DD s.

Thanks badoleth thats really helpful! Im on a DD today so will try this method for the rest of the day and see how I get on.

best thing i found was to go on the calorie counting forum on here and see what people have posted as low cal ideas then see if you can fit it into your DD plans. i find sugar free jelly is a godsend, i make up a sachet which only equates to 36 cals i think and i eat the whole bowl in the evening so i feel like im having a treat. crispbreads are really low too, plus if you wanted a proper meal, you could always have a weight watchers ready meal for around 250 cals with sugar free jelly for dessert, below 300 cals there so if you're having a 500 cal DD you've still got 200 cals left over to spread over the day! fill up on water and soft diet drinks in the day as well, also weight watchers snacks are good for low cal treats like the crisps, etc x

Thanks lumpy, wow i didnt realise the WW meals were so low in cals, this sounds ideal. Unforunately I cant stand jelly..the texture of it..ewwwwww sorry :D But I will definitely check out the rest. I made passionflowers tomato soup and that was absolutely gorgeous.

Thanks lumpy, wow i didnt realise the WW meals were so low in cals, this sounds ideal. Unforunately I cant stand jelly..the texture of it..ewwwwww sorry :D But I will definitely check out the rest. I made passionflowers tomato soup and that was absolutely gorgeous.

lol jellys out of the question then! what about mikado, the sticks of chocolate? they are 11 cals per stick or alternatively what i do is buy the snacksize cadburys chocolates and have one on my DDs as well as my ups, buttons is only around 75 cals so u can still have treats on ur DDs if you balance the calories out :) also, if you like fish then the skinless fillets tend to be low in cals, my cod fillets are around 70 cals, i made one the other night with low fat mayo on top, baked in foil, totalled around 100 cals, it was yummy :) x

Not sure we have the Mikado choc in Ireland! It sounds lovely..we defo have the snack size cadburys yum..will stock up on those. I also LOVE fish in fact have a salmon fillet ready for tonight, wonder would the low fat mayo and some herbs be nice on it?

Not sure we have the Mikado choc in Ireland! It sounds lovely..we defo have the snack size cadburys yum..will stock up on those. I also LOVE fish in fact have a salmon fillet ready for tonight, wonder would the low fat mayo and some herbs be nice on it?

i think the low fat mayo made the difference for me, it kwpt the fish lovely and moist. a teaspoon is only 10 cals as ive got the extra light version so i'd say i spread a good 3 teaspoons worth on it, wrap in foil and bake for 20-30 mins. it was lovely and will prob have it again tonight :)

ooo forgot to add, if you like egg whites, they are only 15 cals, i had 3 boiled eggs on my last down day, just the whites though so totals 45 cals. eggs were a lifesaver for me on cambridge coz the shakes got on my nerves in the end, the eggs made me feel like i had some proper fooood! x

Thanks Lumpy some great tips there..have never tried egg white on its own but definitely will try it. I dont like the shakes etc. I prefer proper food thats low in cals :)

Thanks Lumpy some great tips there..have never tried egg white on its own but definitely will try it. I dont like the shakes etc. I prefer proper food thats low in cals :)

no probs! u could add the egg whites to salad as well which is still low in cals. i personally dont like salad but if you like it then that'll be very filling i should imagine :)

Louise44 I am in Dublin as well. First DD today! Anyway I had my first omelet today with 3 egg whites and one yoke for 95 calories and then bulked it up with veg and salad. You could add a spoon of extra light mayo to boiled eggs with just the egg whites and one yoke for not many more calories and have on crisp bread as egg mayo. Its amazing how far one egg yoke goes!

Hiya flabbymammy, im here one day too! We can help each other out i hope!! Thanks for the tip on the egg white omlette, what do you do with the yolks afterwards? I love most vegetables and salad too.

I've never made an egg white omelette - do you just cook it like a normal omelette? Sorry if that's a stupid question lol! ;-)

I've never made an egg white omelette - do you just cook it like a normal omelette? Sorry if that's a stupid question lol! ;-)

i cant even make omelette im so useless, it always turns into scrambled egg! we had to make one when i was in school one time and the teacher couldnt believe how bad a cook I was! i never improved sadly! x

I just softened the veg and then whisked up the one whole egg and 2 whites with salt pepper and mixed herbs and added it to the pan. Works best if you whisk really really well so you dont get flecks of egg white *shudder*. I use a small no stick pan and once I add the egg I just leave it on a medium heat until mostly cooked and stick under grill to firm the top. I dont tough it once its in the pan.

Flabbymammy said:
I just softened the veg and then whisked up the one whole egg and 2 whites with salt pepper and mixed herbs and added it to the pan. Works best if you whisk really really well so you dont get flecks of egg white *shudder*. I use a small no stick pan and once I add the egg I just leave it on a medium heat until mostly cooked and stick under grill to firm the top. I dont tough it once its in the pan.

Thank you - will definitely try it on my DD tomorrow :-D xx

Back