I'm going it Alone

samwin1

I have been going to slimming world over the last 2-3 months. I have also attended several times before. However I don't like my consultant. She has her favourites and top of the "class members" who she seems to lavish her support and attention on. I find lost in the class and end up depressed coming out and eating rubbish to lift myself up. I do like the plan though.
Decided now instead of wasting my money every week to feel demoralised I would come on here and post my weight loss and to find inspiration as well.
Was wondering if anyone is in the same boat as me i.e, Like the plan but not the consultant?

I've had consultants I love and some I just didn't gel with.

For me group is about the other members as much as the consultant, if you find the group situation motivating I think its worth shopping around to find a consultant and group you're motivated by.

however, lots of people go i alone at home and use this site as their 'group' and do it successfully,

good luck whatever you decide xx

There's plenty of people who haven't clicked with their consultant, me included. I changed group 4 or 5 weeks ago and now I really enjoy the classes. I stayed at the group I didn't like for almost a year though as my new group hadn't opened and I needed the shame factor of being accountable to a group to keep on plan each week.

Have you thought of trying a different group? There's normally a few in each area.

Unfortunately I live in a rural area and the group days that are available are run by the same consultant. Will give it a go on my own and will use this as support. I just can't justify a £5 a week to come out feeling dejected rather than inspired. Luckily I know the plan really well.

I hated a couple of groups I used to go back in 2009 and 2010.
i actually had an argument with one of the consultants because she found a post on here about what I'd said lol.
needless to say I never went back after i told her she was crap lol.

Ive just joined another class and it's much nicer and the consultant has actually been successful on sw too unlike the old one lol xxx

Good luck. I went to a class with a rubbish consultant and left after losing 12lb. I then managed to lose a further 2 stone at home before returning to a much better class for the final push. You can do it!

Back