I'm Healthy... it's official!!

Hello porgeous, i've wanted to ask you this for 2 weeks now but thought you may think i was a bit nosey. I'm really interested so hope you don't mind me asking you this, but you mentioned your cholesterol was 15 and is now 5. Were you prescribed anything for this, did you take it while on CD or was it as a result of doing the CD?
I ask because I'm a nurse. I worked in general practice for years giving patients info on cholesterol lowering diets and when it didn't work well enough, getting them in for blood tests to see if their statin had had any effect. Current thinking is that it takes a whole life style change to make a small decrease in your cholesterol. I recently watched a programme about twin docs who went to siberia and 1 ate a western diet while the other ate blubber etc. The blubber eater ( rich in omega 3) had a marked decrease in his unhealthy cholesterol.

Every time i see your before and after photo I think, thats going to be me. So thanks for the inspiration. I'll understand if you don't want to answer about the cholesterol.
Thanks
heffa x

Hi Heffa

Of course I don't mind you asking, ask away. When I was originally tested with high cholesterol I was advised that I obviously needed to lose weight and change my diet. I was in total denial at the time and just ignored it, did nothing to reduce it, was checked again after 6 months and it was still high. I have taken no medication for it and the reduction appears only to be linked with CD. If I am honest my diet was so appaulling prior to CD it isn't surprising my cholesterol was soooo high!

If there is anything else I can help with let me know, I am now the proud owner of my full written report!!

Gxx

Just goes to show wthere for vanity or health, the end product is will include both regardless!

my mum is on cholestrol tablets, her doctor (the fool he is) said for her age and ailments she's okay - the nurse however (the clever one) kept telling her to lose weight all the time. I'm hopeing she'll be taken of the cholestrol tablets in time now she's losing weight.

well done georgie!

Porgeous. Thanks a lot for your answer. There are so many people with high cholesterol, borderline diabetes and raised blood pressure. I'm a great believer in trying to mend yourself through natural means rather than resorting to drugs which often have powerful and unwanted side effects. You've certainly proven that it can be done, and you look great. Thanks again. x

Just wanted to say you are an absolute inspiration and living proof of what can be achieved when you stick at it and dont take the scenic route like I have done, well done Georgie! When I think I was amost at goal when you started , and what you have achieved in the time I have messed about it really gives me the kick up the a...s! I need. I think of your gorgeous before and after photos every time I want to stuff myself with rubbish and it so far has stopped me in my tracks so please keep posting and let us know how you are keeping it off and coping with food again.
WELL DONE

And, might I add - as well as a healthy person you are also a really good and supportive person too.
You are an inspiration to me also and have been so friendly and helpful.
I wish you all the best always
Tansyx:)

Hi Porgeous,

Wow, I would just like to congratulate you, you look fab.
I started roughly the same time as you last year but i bombed out after 3 weeks, but i am starting again today. How long did you ss for?

Jo.

Awww, thanks again gang!

Delli - thought it was kinda funny and yes will definately be holding onto the top as a reminder!!

Jot - I SS'd for about 14 weeks and then did the plans, since moving up progress has been alot slower but bit by bit I am almost there!

Love ya all

Gxx

Loooolz.. pors.. the pic is quite funny.. Look at how much weight you have lost!! WOOW! U look amazing! Should give yourself a pat on the back... well done indeeed! :)

Sarah xxx

Think I must have done, but don't remember doing it. I have got a pair of work trousers that I was wearing at the start which I am going to keep though. Think you are right that they serve as a good reminder!

Gxx

WOW! I have a confession!! It was your previous before and after pictures that motivated me to get going on CD in the first place to be honest :)but this new one is brill! My daughter just looked over my shoulder and asked if the girl on the right is the one on the left's youngest sister!! I can't believe how different you look and you look so happy it makes me smile everytime I look at it! Well done you!!!:D You rock!! bb xx

Thanks BB, what a lovely thing to say, have to confess, makes me giggle everytime I see it, you should see what happens when I try some before trousers on, I look like bo bo the clown!! You are doing fab hun and can't wait to see your befores and afters!

Gxx

Thank you!! I promise right now that if I look as good as you do at the end of all this I will be going out in tights and a blouse!!!:D

PMSL - you go girl!!

Gxx

Back