I'M IN 2009 LONDON MARATHON!

MartynH

I've just had my place confirmed in next year's London Marathon.............ULP!!!
That's the easy bit done, now all I've got to do is lose another 5.5 stone (and keep it off!), get fit and raise the sponsorship money. Easy peasy! I'll try and keep this thread going over the coming months. All encouragment and advice welcome (and sponsor money, of course) :party0019::party0019:

:talk017::talk017:
That is brilliant news, can't wait to see your progress as you begin training. What a fantastic goal to aim for. What charity are you running for?

Thanks Nicki, I'm running for SCOPE, for peopke with Cerebral Palsy, I did some long haul walks for them a few years ago, (Sinai Desert, Great Wall of China, White Water Rafting on the Zambezi) but not for a few years and this is going to be a bit different.

Count me in to sponsor you then, my step cousin has cerebral palsy, and SCOPE are an amazing charity. :)

I am so jealous. How many ballots have you done? How did you find out you were successful?

Thanks Nicki, I'll keep people informed. Hello emma, I was too late for the ballot and thought I'd have no chance so I sent in an application to SCOPE hoping that because I'd done stuff for them in the past they'd let me in and they did. All I can suggest is that you go to their website and send in an application form. Good luck, but don't nick all my sponsor money! Let me know how you get on. Your welcome to mention that you heard about it from me, I don't suppose it will help but it's worth a try. My surname is Henderson.

As soon as I can either work out how, or I am allowed, I'll post a couple of pictures from past SCOPE trips.

Thanks Nicki, I'm running for SCOPE, for peopke with Cerebral Palsy, I did some long haul walks for them a few years ago, (Sinai Desert, Great Wall of China, White Water Rafting on the Zambezi) but not for a few years and this is going to be a bit different.

I so hope to get into the London Marathon, but I won't hear until November time when the ballot is announced!!

I have Cerebral Palsy so I too think Scope is a fab charity!

X

Hello Camilla, I got involved because a friend's granddaughter has CP and he agrees.

Hello Camilla, I got involved because a friend's granddaughter has CP and he agrees.

I'm so lucky although my CP effects the whole of my right side (I can't use my right hand and my right leg has a mind of it's own) no one ever notices. Although, sometimes I get a few horrible comments when people "Shake" my right hand and there's no grip there, people can be cruel
sometimes!

Just spotted this thread!! WOWEE!!! How great is that?!?

What an incentive to see this through and keep it off too!!

Good luck & all the best to you!

I've just had my place confirmed in next year's London Marathon.............ULP!!!
That's the easy bit done, now all I've got to do is lose another 5.5 stone (and keep it off!), get fit and raise the sponsorship money. Easy peasy! I'll try and keep this thread going over the coming months. All encouragment and advice welcome (and sponsor money, of course) :party0019::party0019:

Hey Martyn,

Flipping well done. I'm REALLY impressed. To train for a c.26 mile run AND lose weight at the same time!!!

Are you a runner at the moment?

What's your strategy?

:D

Hello cah-ching, I used to run when I lost a lot of weight about 12years ago (obviously put it all back!) but now I am an enthusiastic walker even at my highest weight but I know that I'm going to have to get serious. I'm not going to be able to start running until I've lost at least another 2 - 3 stone but that shouldn't be too long at the current rate of loss (always an optomist) I intend keeping this thread going over the months as a sort of diary on my progress so thanks for your interest and encouregment (everybody) and please keep in touch, I'm going to need a fair bit of support.

I'm going tp support you all the way. Once I've lost 2/3 stones I'll start running too. x

Hello, I haven't been on for I while but I thought I should mention my weight loss on SS which will lead on to my Marathon run in April. As I'm sure you all find, there can be differences between your own scales and those of your CDC so naturally I'm going to show my weight loss on my scales, straight out of the shower, first thing in the morning, rather than my CDC's scales in the evening! It's good doing it that way because it then gives me two targets.

I started on March 13th this year at 23st 7lb and my loss has been:

week 1 - 12lb - 22st 9lb
week 2 - 6lb - 22st 3lb
week 3 - 2lb - 22st 1lb
week 4 -
week 5 - 14lb - 21st 1lb (2 weks)
week 6 - 9lb - 20st 6lb
week 7 - 4lb - 20st 2lb
week 8 - 9lb - 19st 7lb
week 9 - 7lb - 19st 0lb
week 10 - 4lb (so far, 2 days to go) 18st 10lb

My target is now 13st 7lb which may be scary and too ambitious but if I can keep this up I know I can get there. I've set myself a target of 4 pounds a week which is less than I'm doing now so I'm trying to be realistic. That actually means that I would hit my target on my birthday on October 23rd, how good would that be!
That would signal the beginning of very serious training for the marathon, as opposed to the dithering about I'll be doing before then. Thank's for all your support, I'm going to need a lot more over the coming months.

Congratulations you have done brilliantly. Good luck with the training. Have you been onto the runners world wesite, it has some really good tips for starting running again. Have just finished week 1 of an 8wk running programme, so far so good. Hope everything goes well for you. :)

Congratulations Martyn :D I'm hoping to do the half moonwalk in Edinburgh next year :)
Will be watching how your training is going, and well done on your weightloss so far :D
Ali xx

Hello, I haven't posted much for a while but I thought I'd give a quick update. I've just finished week 13 and I've now gone from 23st 7lb to 17st 6lb, that's a total loss of 85lbs. To say I'm pleased would be an understatement. Things looking good to hit my target of 13st around my birthday, October 23rd and then the marathon. If anyone's having any doubts about this diet, please be inspired by this, it can be done.

Back