I'm never going to get through 34 points a day??

Discussion in 'Weight Watchers' started by Cupidstunt, 7 August 2008 Social URL.

1. Cupidstunt

Cupidstunt Member

Hi

I joined WW last night and my points allowance is 34 per day. I have so far managed to eat 13 points and I'm full. I have had pineapple, plums, tangerines, 2 bananas, a big bowl of soup and a bread roll. I'm not a massive eater anyway and it's the beer that is responsible for my weight, but I have vowed to cut that out for at least a month. I intend to have one of the WW meals (6points) for dinner tonight and then I will genuinly be done. This will leave me with about 15 spare points? Is this counter productive?

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Gemma1986

Gemma1986 Im just me!

Start Weight:
    13st13lb
    Current Weight:
    13st1.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st11.5lb(5.9%)
    You will need to eat at least 30 other wise you wont show a good wi result next week,the more you eat of your points the more you will loose

4. Pinkdiamond

Pinkdiamond Is it nearly October yet?

Diet:
    Weight Watchers

Hi there, and welcome. Yes not eating all your points can be counter productive, coz WW work out points allowance based on basal metabolic rate,, so if you dont eat them all you can slow your met rate down, and with it your weight loss.

Dont be disheartened though just have more high point things while you are on 34 points and dont fill up with low point things,, just a bit of carfull planning needed and you wont look back.

All the best,, look forward to seeing you go dowwwwnnnn!! lol

5. Cupidstunt

Cupidstunt Member

Thanks for the replies. What would you suggest as something good to eat which is high in points?

6. Pinkdiamond

Diet:
    Weight Watchers
    PS great name btw, i must have a potty mouth as I got it right away.lol

7. Pinkdiamond

Diet:
    Weight Watchers
    What kind of things do you like to eat? Even the odd pint will be fine to make up your points, you dont need to go without totally.

8. Cupidstunt

Cupidstunt Member

I always use this name. It's amazing the response u get at pub quizzes! I suppose I could grate some cheese onto the meal, but that just feels totally counter productive!! As for the pintage, I am proving to myself I can do it, otherwise I might have to attend different meetings!!

9. saraian24

saraian24 Gold Member

Diet:
    Slim and Save
    Well i would suggest doing proper meal for this evening, chicken breast is lovely and only 4 points, nw potatoes 300g 3 points, loads of veg, and have some choc for dessert Just count it all. Remeber to count your mill etc too, lovely to have a chap on here though at last! Its been ladie up till now!

Welcome too ww and if you need to know anything let us know, one of us is always about!

10. Cupidstunt

Cupidstunt Member

That's exactly waht I'll do. I'll treat myself to a Mars bar tonight, and this will still keep me in the barriers. I like this site. It's amazing to think that there are thousands of people just like you out there.

11. Starlight

Starlight Gold Member

Diet:
    Weight Watchers
    I would keep off the WW meals at the moment. If you do like ready meals try some of the 'normal' range, not the low fat ones, that should bulk up your points. Crisps etc will help too.

As Gem said you need to eat at least 30 of your points a day or youre wasting your time. You WILL get used to it though ;)

12. saraian24

saraian24 Gold Member

Diet:
    Slim and Save
    Why not start a food diary and then maybe we an give you pointers?

13. Karenlou

Karenlou Gold Member

Hi Cupidstunt. You can tell this lot are all under 40 can't you? I take it you were a Kenny Everett fan in your youth?

Nothing to add to what the others have said other than welcome. Enjoy eating your points, it's great that you can have a mars bar or whatever and not feel guilty. You'll muck up your metabolism if you eat too little.

14. Loulabella

Loulabella Gonna be skinny!

Start Weight:
    12st3lb
    Current Weight:
    9st6lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st0lb
    Lost(%):
    2st11lb(22.81%)
    Diet:
    Weight Watchers
    Cupidstunt... loving it.... I always say furrymuff instead of fair enough... slipped out a few times to my dad...!!!!

15. IreneH

IreneH Gold Member

Diet:
    WW
    Hi and welcome. Enjoy your points as they will decrease as those pounds disappear.

Irene xx

16. saraian24

saraian24 Gold Member

Diet:
    Slim and Save

We all have guttermouths!

17. pixiepiratess

pixiepiratess Going From Flab to FAB!

Start Weight:
    15st10lb
    Current Weight:
    15st6lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st4lb(1.82%)
    Diet:
    SW
    LOL your definatly in the right place Cupid! lol ... i remember watching kenny everett as a kid!
    what was the charactor womans name? who always crossed her legs vigoursly! .....

18. Avatar

MiniMins.com Advert

19. Karenlou

Karenlou Gold Member

It was Cupid Stunt, Pixie - hence the username :D

20. paula 36

paula 36 Gold Member

34 points sounds like heavenx

21. jemima

jemima Full Member

Diet:
    weight watchers
    does to me too..... i'm allowed 24 and manage to go over quite frequently:(

22. Pinkdiamond

Diet:
    Weight Watchers
    Hows things going with your points??

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.