I'm new here!

RuthG

Gold Member
:sign0144:

Hi all! I'm hoping to start the Cambridge diet as soon as possible, I'm really excited about it. I've tried other diets, whilst they do work initially, I lose motivation, especially when I need to think hard about wht I'm going to eat, how many syns/points etc I can have.

CD is my last resort really. My main motivation is so I can start fertility treatment, anyone else in the same boat as me?

Hello! Good luck with the CD, I'm sure you will be nearing your target in no-time! XX:):)

Hi RuthG - I am in exactly the same boat as you.
I have been referred to a consulatnt who wants me to reduce my BMI to more acceptable levels (under 40) before they will consider fertility treatment
So this is also my last resort and I'm so pleased with the results so far - as is the doctor :)

:sign0144:

Hi all! I'm hoping to start the Cambridge diet as soon as possible, I'm really excited about it. I've tried other diets, whilst they do work initially, I lose motivation, especially when I need to think hard about wht I'm going to eat, how many syns/points etc I can have.

CD is my last resort really. My main motivation is so I can start fertility treatment, anyone else in the same boat as me?

Hi Ruth!

Good luck with CD, it's a great diet and it really works.. and fast!! I'm not losing weight for fertility treatment, but I've been ttc for 2 years now and I think being overweight is a major factor - So that's a big reason for me embarking on this CD adventure again (I've done it before)

Good luck!!!! xxxx

Lizzie

Hi Ruth.. welcome from another Newby.. I started my plan today so we can shake and shivver together..lol

Good luck Ruth! It's a great diet, you can do it
x

hiya ruth. just wanted to say best of luck to ya. I like you have done every diet known to man including lipotrim (which was vile) this is similar but waaaay tastier. Its really easy once you get going and have your mind set. keep busy and drink lots of water ;)

Thanks for the fab welcome! I'm hoping that once I get passed the firdt few days that I'll be able to stick to it, I think that once I see the weight coming off rapidly, it'll be incentive enough to keep going, I hope!

Wow, becky85, 23lbs in the first two weeks, that's take me about 3 months at least to lose on slimmimg world or weight watchers! Well done!

Roosters and funellafox, it's nice to know I'm not the only with those reason for losing weight, we'll get there!

Squishy, I'll keep an eye on your posts!

Dobbie, thank you!

Thanks Dragonfly!

Thanks Camilla

You can do it Ruth. This forum is great cos were all open and don't mind discussing all the gory details that come hand in hand with this diet.

Will keep an eye on you xxx

Hey RuthG,

Just to wish you all the best with your journey....the diet does work its just about keeping yourself dedicated to it. I go through some really low points but I always have the picture in my head of what I want to look like and how I want to feel and then I dont want to stop.

We'll all get there!!!

Welcome to mini's and welcome on to the first day of journey to slimdom.

Lots of people here most of the time so any probs or questions just yell there is normally some one round the corner who can help.

Have you done any prep for cd or have you just jumped into it.

Me.

Hi there.. I did a prep last week and cut down on my carbs and actually lost 2lbs!!!

This did not deter me from the plan though as I really need to be on it.. and then train my body to eat sensibly... IT WILL WORK!!!:girlpower:

Hi there. I assume you're the Ruth whom I replied to via email, last night. :)

Just wanted to 'introduce' myself on here really, and say hello!

Jo x

Hi Jo, it is indeed me. Thanks for the email, and thanks for the link to this forum.

Ruth & Jue

Just wishing you both lots of luck. I have re-started this week after a 2 and a bit year break ( and the humiliation of coming back after losing the weight in the first place).

Just take it day by day and you'll get there. When having a moment of weakness, just keep yourself occupied or drink lots of water and the call of the loo will keep you busy peeing. ha ha

Good luck and keep posting and join in the challenges they are a great way of keeping you focused.

Good luck

Michelle:party0019:

Hi

Hi Ruth, i am on CD to lose weight to help with TTC. we have been trying for almost 2 years now with no joy what so ever. if i haven't caught by the end of my weight loss journey i will be asking for a referral as i will have done everything possible to conceive naturally.
IF you ever want a chat you can add me on MSN or i can give you my email address.
Good luck its a fantastic journey that goes sooooooooo quick.
Lots of love and luck
Lolly
xxx

Thanks all, seeing your weight loss journeys have really inspired me. Wednesday is THE day that I start, so just trying to prepare!

Back