Im new, just been prescribed orlistat/xenical

Kayleigh1986

Hi all, i went to the doctors on thursday and was prescribed orlistat, ive been taking it for 2 days and had no side effects, i do eat a high fat diet, i believe i have food neophobia and struggle trying new things which means eating healthily isnt easy for me.

Ive done well the oast 2 days, but i went in my freezer and looked at the fat content in some of the foods i would normally eat and im horrified! I think im going to be living on jacket potatoes!

I also go to the gym 2-3 times a week, im not sure on my exact weight i think im about 12st 9lbs, and im just over 5ft 3, ideally i want to be about 9st 10lb

Hi and good luck, read the stickies here for loads of advice and post often for plenty of support from everybody here. We're one big happy shrinking family here!

KB x

Hi & welcome to the boards. I am sure even with your problems with food bit by bit you may manage to find new things you like. How about posting the things you normally eat & we can see if we know of any alternatives that maybe you can try. I am surprised with a high fat diet you haven't had any side effects although some people say they don't, one of my bosses at work being one of them, he can eat anything, I just dont' risk it just incase. Anyway onwards & downwards x

Welcome to the forum :) Be wary of the fact that you have only been taking the tablets for 2 days and still having a high fat diet. It takes about 4 days for any "effects2 of naughty food to come through me when taking the tablets, so just be careful lol.

Welcome to the forum :) Be wary of the fact that you have only been taking the tablets for 2 days and still having a high fat diet. It takes about 4 days for any "effects2 of naughty food to come through me when taking the tablets, so just be careful lol.

Im not eating a high fat diet anymore, ive cut it right down, lots of veg and fruit, jacket potatoes, im tracking my food and im only actually now eating about 15g of fat a day

i do eat a high fat diet, i believe i have food neophobia and struggle trying new things which means eating healthily isnt easy for me.

Sorry I just went on what you posted above. Good Luck with your new low fat diet :)

Back