Im new, just been prescribed orlistat/xenical

Kayleigh1986

S: 12st9lb C: 11st6lb G: 9st10lb BMI: 28.3 Loss: 1st3lb(9.6%)
Hi all, i went to the doctors on thursday and was prescribed orlistat, ive been taking it for 2 days and had no side effects, i do eat a high fat diet, i believe i have food neophobia and struggle trying new things which means eating healthily isnt easy for me.

Ive done well the oast 2 days, but i went in my freezer and looked at the fat content in some of the foods i would normally eat and im horrified! I think im going to be living on jacket potatoes!

I also go to the gym 2-3 times a week, im not sure on my exact weight i think im about 12st 9lbs, and im just over 5ft 3, ideally i want to be about 9st 10lb

Get Rid of this ad and join in on the conversation for free today! Tap here!

Kayee

Silver Member
S: 19st13lb C: 12st10lb G: 11st6lb BMI: 26.3 Loss: 7st3lb(36.2%)
hi and welcome . good luck on your weight loss journey xx

KittyBling

Gold Member
S: 16st1lb C: 13st11lb G: 11st7lb BMI: 29.3 Loss: 2st4lb(14.22%)
Hi and good luck, read the stickies here for loads of advice and post often for plenty of support from everybody here. We're one big happy shrinking family here!

KB x

Lexie2005

5:2 lover
S: 18st13.5lb C: 10st5lb G: 10st4lb BMI: 25.7 Loss: 8st8.5lb(45.39%)
Hi & welcome to the boards. I am sure even with your problems with food bit by bit you may manage to find new things you like. How about posting the things you normally eat & we can see if we know of any alternatives that maybe you can try. I am surprised with a high fat diet you haven't had any side effects although some people say they don't, one of my bosses at work being one of them, he can eat anything, I just dont' risk it just incase. Anyway onwards & downwards x

hobnobsmummy

Silver Member
S: 20st4lb C: 16st11.5lb G: 14st0lb BMI: 35.8 Loss: 3st6.5lb(17.08%)
Welcome to the forum :) Be wary of the fact that you have only been taking the tablets for 2 days and still having a high fat diet. It takes about 4 days for any "effects2 of naughty food to come through me when taking the tablets, so just be careful lol.

Kayleigh1986

S: 12st9lb C: 11st6lb G: 9st10lb BMI: 28.3 Loss: 1st3lb(9.6%)
Welcome to the forum :) Be wary of the fact that you have only been taking the tablets for 2 days and still having a high fat diet. It takes about 4 days for any "effects2 of naughty food to come through me when taking the tablets, so just be careful lol.

Im not eating a high fat diet anymore, ive cut it right down, lots of veg and fruit, jacket potatoes, im tracking my food and im only actually now eating about 15g of fat a day

hobnobsmummy

Silver Member
S: 20st4lb C: 16st11.5lb G: 14st0lb BMI: 35.8 Loss: 3st6.5lb(17.08%)
i do eat a high fat diet, i believe i have food neophobia and struggle trying new things which means eating healthily isnt easy for me.

Sorry I just went on what you posted above. Good Luck with your new low fat diet :)