Im new to Orlistat. Please HELP!

Tia.H

Heya im new to the Orlistat well ive been on it for 9 days now. They have been perscribed to me off my doctor i have to go for monthly weigh-ins, i have to be loosing atleast 11lb every 3 months to be able to stay on them. People keep telling me about the 5g fat a day or something? See my doctor never really said much about the tablet to me other than the side effect which im suffering with. I am a big girl & hope to loose atleast 7stone... Ive cut out so much rubish since starting them dont snack or anything. I also dont understand to read a back of a package lol! Could someone with experience with these tablets help please. Many thanks x

No more than 45 grams of fat per day! So 15g per meal. Any food item that has more than 5g per 100g you should avoid. Best bet is to google "eating with xenical", look for the PDF file and open it. It's about four links down. It has a great meal planner and tips of using xenical. Also look on your leaflet, ring the number on it that is nearest to you and ask to be given the booklet, they will post it! Also download my fitness pal app, as this will help you keep an eye on your calorie intake! You need to exercise with these, so make sure you get some in. Avoid fatty foods, if your on the pot your taking in too much! Iv cut out all the crap, I want to learn how to eat for the future! Best of luck

Hi & welcome. Jo is right about the fat rules, there is a thread on here, it's a "stickie" that explains for new starters. One thing we all agree on is that Drs really don't give much "advice". Things you'd have thought were ok & vice versa. My fitness pal is a godsend. I had just under 8 stone to lose but it's working really well. Any more questions just yell... Onwards & downwards x

Tia.H said:
Heya im new to the Orlistat well ive been on it for 9 days now. They have been perscribed to me off my doctor i have to go for monthly weigh-ins, i have to be loosing atleast 11lb every 3 months to be able to stay on them. People keep telling me about the 5g fat a day or something? See my doctor never really said much about the tablet to me other than the side effect which im suffering with. I am a big girl & hope to loose atleast 7stone... Ive cut out so much rubish since starting them dont snack or anything. I also dont understand to read a back of a package lol! Could someone with experience with these tablets help please. Many thanks x

Hi when your looking on the back of a food item check the 100g column and see what the total fat content is, if it is more than 5g then you shouldn't be eating it as it could give toliet issues/ side effects..

Also if you cook with oil, change to a spray oil like fry light.. Is in most supermarkets

Eat lean meat all visible fat cut off.. Skin off chicken, most takeaways are a no go area as give really bad side effects..

Poach, grill, bake.. Dry fry things

Most cheeses will cause side effects, so choose extra light philadelphia, extra light laughing cow triangles

Loads fresh fruit and veg

Choc, cakes, cookies, crisps will cause side effects.. Try caramel snack a jacks, ww meals or snacks, tesco light choices meals are ok too

Any more questions we are all here to help :)

:welcome::welcome::welcome::welcome::welcome::welcome::welcome::welcome:Hi Tia and welcome along. The guys have already given you sound advice. Don't worry, it sounds like alot to get your head round when you start. You'll pick up the basics (45g fat per day, less than 5g per 100g fat) and you'll have mastered the most important bits. The most useful advice I got when I started a few weeks was to read the stickies, as Lexie says, and to join myfitnesspal.com as Jo suggests. Other than that, I went to the mapassist.co.uk website and printed the guide and meal planners. It's the website for xenical, though you will need the batch number on the side of your box to register for the first time.
Best of luck with your journey!

Back