im on a mission thinpossible with 98lbs to lose

hi everyone and welcome

im going to be keeping myself a diary of my daily thoughts, feelings, food intake, exercise (eventually) and how im doing.
after a nasty break up in december from my cheating boyfriend im doing this once and for all for me, not anyone else.

i have depression and low self esteem and no self confidence.

my long term goals are to move more, lose 7 stone and become a happier, healthier and confident lady.

im hoping im not too late for my skin to retract and not leave loose skin hanging, i want to feel sexy in a bikini and not fear going abroad.

so if anyone would like to go on a journey with me id love to have company, if not im in it for the long haul.

Hi, there are a few of us with the same amount of weight to loose and starting around the same time. We have all joined the May challenge - why dont u join too?

I'm joining my local sw class tomorrow. Have u joined a class or doing it yourself from home?

Looking forward to sharing ur journey with u x

Hi,

I'm new around here, and have just finished my first Countdown at Slimming World (12 weeks). Definitely recommend group as it gives you extra accountability, I know I make excuses for everything when left th my own devices. Whic usually means putting the weight back on and more!!

I'd love to join in the May challenge if you wouldn't mind? :) xx

What is the May challenge? I re-joined class last week, and have a similar amount to loose. I'm up for regular updates/support to keep us all on track!!!☺

Hi,

I'm new around here, and have just finished my first Countdown at Slimming World (12 weeks). Definitely recommend group as it gives you extra accountability, I know I make excuses for everything when left th my own devices. Whic usually means putting the weight back on and more!!

I'd love to join in the May challenge if you wouldn't mind? :) xx

Wow well done so far!!x

hi everyone,
how lovely to see people writting back, thankyou all so much.
well after 15 days of slimming world ive lost a grand total of 1 and a half pound so either tuesday or thursday this week im joining a group.
i struggle with depression, anxiety and social anxiety do you think the consultant will let my sister come in and sit with me just for the first few weeks till i feel less of an idiot?

its really wierd i really want to lose weight, deperately i get upset, discusted and angry with myself for getting like this and carrying on like this. yet the minute i feel any emotion i eat!!!! its a vicious circle.

normally i come in from work and sit on facebook, have tea and then constantly feel hunrgy and nibble but tonight i came home went striaght in the garden and have only just come in, going to hav some tea and then bath and soaps.
does anyone else emotionally eat?

hi everyone,
how lovely to see people writting back, thankyou all so much.
well after 15 days of slimming world ive lost a grand total of 1 and a half pound so either tuesday or thursday this week im joining a group.
i struggle with depression, anxiety and social anxiety do you think the consultant will let my sister come in and sit with me just for the first few weeks till i feel less of an idiot?

its really wierd i really want to lose weight, deperately i get upset, discusted and angry with myself for getting like this and carrying on like this. yet the minute i feel any emotion i eat!!!! its a vicious circle.

normally i come in from work and sit on facebook, have tea and then constantly feel hunrgy and nibble but tonight i came home went striaght in the garden and have only just come in, going to hav some tea and then bath and soaps.
does anyone else emotionally eat?

I don't see why your consultant would mind hun, but please don't feel like your going to walk into that group and people will judge because they won't! You are making a MASSIVE step going to group so you should be proud of your self that you have taken that step hun! Going to group you will see people chatting and everyone will show you so much support and offer tips ect.
I am very much like you if I'm upset I always eat it's like my comfort. Unfortunately I dnt grab carrot sticks of an apple it's bags of crisps and chocolate lol. I also tend to eat when I am bored but I am now just trying to have a drink.

Hope you have a lovely day xxxx

Hi mission,

I know exactly how you feel as I'm an emotional and binge eater! emotional eating is one of the hardest things to overcome, and I don't think I'll ever get to a point where I won't crave a pizza and cake when I've had a bad day!

But I've found it really helpful to not buy it in as the temptation in the shop is easier to work past than at home with the food in front of you! Also when you crave that junk just ask yourself: "will it change how I feel?" And "will it get me closer to me goal?".
I know if I'm feeling fat and want 3 massive Galaxy bars, I think about whether it will change how I feel, and it won't. I'll just regret it afterwards and the cycle begins again which sounds similar to you!

I find that helps sometimes (not always but if it was that easy we wouldn't be here would we lol).

I love your idea of taking a nice bath and will try that! :)

And don't be worried about slimming world, your consultant should be fine with it, and the second you walk through the door you'll realise it's the best thing you've done.

Good luck! Xxx

Back