I'm out of the hospital...

Discussion in 'Cambridge Weight Plan' started by icemoose, 26 June 2007 Social URL.

1. icemoose

icemoose The Diet Guy

Diet:
    Don't diet anymore!
    Well I am in pain (real pain not man pain :eek:), I have no dignity left (don't go there!) and generally feel like I have gone 10 rounds with Ricky Hatton but they have finally let me out of hospital as they needed the bed back for the next person.

So back at home now and got my little laptop out to say hello while I am in bed! Get the feeling I will be living on this laptop for the next couple of weeks until it is comfortable enough to sit at the big computer.

I hope everyone is ok and lost loads of weight in the past week (or maintained if you have finished the diet) and I will try and go back and catch up on what has happened.

In terms of the operation and the hospital etc then I will do a full report over the next week, I could literally write a book with my experiences so will try and do a "what to expect when you go for a tummy tuck" thread.

I have had three E-mails from people asking how much the loose skin weighed so the quick answer is 4.1kg !!! But the hardest 9 pounds I ever lost :D, I'd do sole source anytime to lose 9 pounds over having it chopped off!!

Right going to have a read and see what you are all up to, thanks very much to Linda for texting me and keeping me sane on the ward !!

Mike xx

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Summerskye

Summerskye Gold Member

Start Weight:
    18st11lb
    Current Weight:
    12st4lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st7lb
    Lost(%):
    6st7lb(34.6%)
    Badges:
    Maintainer
    Diet:
    Cambridge Weight Plan
    Welcome back, Mike! I hope you have a very speedy recovery and are delighted with the results of your op very soon.

Take care of yourself!

Love

4. bondgirl

bondgirl Member

Welcome home Mike:D

I hope you have a speedy recovery....now you take it easy and rest loads.....I can imagine the pain you are in right now(after having a gastric bypass) but the worst will soon be over and you'll have a lovely flat tum....saying goodbye to the reminder of your once larger size has got to be a positive thing.:D:D:D

Get well soon;)

5. sallies

sallies Full Member

Diet:
    cambridge diet
    Heres wishing you well.

6. chelle_powell

chelle_powell We ride, we ride....

Hey Mike

Here's to a speedy recovery for u!
    I hope u're not in too mcuh pain :)

Much love, chelle xx

7. Mia01101

Mia01101 Full Member

Start Weight:
    14st12lb
    Current Weight:
    14st10lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st12lb
    Lost(%):
    0st2lb(0.96%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Welcome home Mike..I hope you make a speedy recovery...you'll do better at home than in the hossy anyway...its always the case...sleep better, feel better...

8. sonkie

sonkie Gold Member

Goal Weight:
    12st0lb
    Diet:
    measure up
    Woohoooo so pleased you are home, but dont be tempted to do too much.
    A great excuse for putting your feet up.
    Take care x

9. gg2007

gg2007 Full Member

Wishing you a speedy speedy speedy recovery!! Welcome back xxx

10. Eclipse

Eclipse Gold Member

Welcome home Mike. Hope you start to improve soon and rapidly.

Hugs to you hun x x x

11. Fuzzys Angel

Fuzzys Angel The Lovely James Hetfield

Diet:
    Cambridge
    [​IMG]

Welcome back Mike, glad to hear you're well (although in pain), wishing you a speedy recovery....xxx

12. onephatdiva

onephatdiva Member

Diet:
    Cambridge
    Welcome back, hope you feel better soon.

13. CW Consultant

CW Consultant Gold Member

So you are home then, you were definitely getting stir crazy yesterday. Think threatening to strangle the guy in the next bed with your drip said it all:rotflmao:

Plenty of rest do not try and do anything that will risk opening the wound and do as Jo says she knows best.;)

Lindax

14. MadamDotty

MadamDotty Back again!

Diet:
    The Harcombe Diet
    Welcome back Mike, lovely to be home again no doubt, hope you're feeling much better and in less pain soon.

Take care & take it easy
    xxx

15. icemoose

icemoose The Diet Guy

Diet:
    Don't diet anymore!
    Thanks everyone :)

Missing my little morphine hit!! That is good stuff and should be available in Tesco as it really does hit the spot.

Anyway propped up in bed on my laptop and just had my tea so feeling ok at the minute!!

My skin round my tummy is so tight that even a full plate of dinner and I feel like I might pop!! Also going to the loo makes me so tired I fall asleep for 20 minutes when I get back!!

But anyway at least it is now done, just got to wait for a week before I have the dressing removed so I can see the handywork!!

I can see my new belly button though as it is obviously higher and the bandage came loose and that looks ok apart from about 20 mini stitches to remove.

I did just weigh myself (once a dieter always a dieter!) and am 5 pounds heavier but that is clearly water as I have hardly eaten anything and lost 9 pounds of skin so I expect that to drop over the next week or two as the swelling starts to go down a bet.

M.

16. icemoose

icemoose The Diet Guy

Diet:
    Don't diet anymore!
    I was having a bad day yesterday!! Topped off with the nurse playing with my drain at 10pm last night and pulling it off so it leaked everywhere and I had no clean pyjamas (3 pairs ruined yesterday) and hence had to sleep in a pair of boxer shorts which were right on the scar bandage so was very uncomfortable.

The guy in the next bed had been cleaning his petrol mower but didn't turn it off!! Took three fingers clean off!! And then spent the day trying to get me to look at them, made me feel really queezy, it wasn't like I was offering to show him my scar!

M.

17. spooky

spooky Banned

Glad you are Ok Mike, wishing you a speedy recovery X

18. Barb

Barb Gold Member

Diet:
    Healthy eating/Food diary
    Poor Mike, it has been a rotten few days for you. But your were brave, it's done and although you still feel rough you are on the mend. Well done, hope you feel a lot better tomorrow after a night in your own bed! There's no place like home....

Love

19. Mia01101

Mia01101 Full Member

Start Weight:
    14st12lb
    Current Weight:
    14st10lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st12lb
    Lost(%):
    0st2lb(0.96%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    :sign0137:

20. sonkie

sonkie Gold Member

Goal Weight:
    12st0lb
    Diet:
    measure up
    Omg it sure sounds like being home will be best.....did they send you home with any decent painkillers ?????????

What a weird bloke ...lol.

21. natayou

natayou a bit different everyday

Diet:
    cambridge
    welcome home Mike glad you are home, hope it gets better real soon, couldnt agree with you more about morphine, I felt all warm and fuzzy when I had some after my c section, it was marvellous, then the next day they switched me to paracetamol....was not impressed
    haha
    oops cant make u laugh stiches and all that :p
    rest rest rest
    nat x

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.