I'm resisting stepping on scales this week

cat yoyo greaves

Gold Member
I'm always weighing myself all the time at least once a day .... Last weigh in day I weighed at least 8 times before my actual weigh in so this week I'm not gonna touch the scales .... I've even asked hubby to hide them so will see how it goes weigh in on thursday so hopefully this will have a positive effect on my losses

Good luck, stay strong. It feels strange not to know but it saves getting disheartened or becoming overconfident over little fluid fluctuations.

cat yoyo greaves said:
I'm always weighing myself all the time at least once a day .... Last weigh in day I weighed at least 8 times before my actual weigh in so this week I'm not gonna touch the scales .... I've even asked hubby to hide them so will see how it goes weigh in on thursday so hopefully this will have a positive effect on my losses

Wow you're braver than me lol x

FionaMcd said:
Wow you're braver than me lol x

I'm not just started to see myself slipping back to things I was doing when I had an eating disorder that I'm still battling with ... After eating badly last week I almost made myself sick :( something needed to change quick I don't want to slip back

Constant weighing is a problem of mine as well. This is my first week of restarting and I've managed to resist, mainly because I suspect it won't be good and that will upset me. Trying to only do it once a week is really hard!

chloecat said:
Constant weighing is a problem of mine as well. This is my first week of restarting and I've managed to resist, mainly because I suspect it won't be good and that will upset me. Trying to only do it once a week is really hard!

Its sometimes hard not to obsess but It is only a number and even people that don't have any weight issues their weight will fluctuate so as long as overall the weight is going down the totm or water retention or meal out gain won't do me any harm ....overall the weight is going down :)

Snap! mine are in my hall way though an im atleast a 5 times weigher a day!! im just curious lol. but not weighing this week as not last week one before, my scales were saying more that i really lost (2days before) so im my eyes i got excited as i was like yep deffo got my next award an in the next stone bracket below. to find out i didnt achieve either of them. still lost but i was so erm, upset. i got it in my head i achieved both as my scales said that :/ so surprise this time!

I had to ask my husband to hide our scales too. They were hideously inaccurate anyway, and I'd weigh every day and be miserable thinkin i'd not lost anything, stupid diet doesn't work etc, then lose 2 or 3 lb at weigh in!!

i failed an weighed last night an there saying gain of 4lb!! :cry: i hope they change by tues night!

Had a wobble this morning and nearly weighed but as I was in the bathroom having my pre weigh wee I re thought my weighing plans and decided to celebrate with a homemade syn free curry and 4 syns of wine for lunch

still being good and havent weighed OFFICIAL WEIGH IN TOMORROW at 6pm ive been 100% this week too as ive not had the scales to check up on myself i have had a takeaway and eaten out but made good choices and synned it so fingers crossed

oh bugger got on scales .... although not mine it was ones at docs

the nurse wanted to weigh me when i had my contraceptive jab as i havent been weighed since last yr

SHE WAS WELL IMPRESSED

i have lost a few stone and my blood pressure has come down too

oh bugger got on scales .... although not mine it was ones at docs

the nurse wanted to weigh me when i had my contraceptive jab as i havent been weighed since last yr

SHE WAS WELL IMPRESSED

i have lost a few stone and my blood pressure has come down too

well done, thats great :D

Back