I'm scared to start

Mamacandoit

I haven't joined yet but for some reason I'm feeling scared to start

I did SW five years ago. Went ok for a while but then I snapped and stopped. I didn't enjoy the group meeting (dreaded it actually) and got fed up of all the processed foods being encouraged.

im also not sure I want to know how much I weigh :eek:

And I'm worried I'm signing up to bondage to SW, does that make any sense?

and I love baking...but hate sweeteners/diet margarine etc etc...

the meeting is tonight at 7

Any advice gratefully received.

Find a different diet!

If you disliked so much about it, it would probably be the same.. Calorie counting allows you anything, including sugar and butter, as long as you're within your calorie limit. Slimming world, from what I read, allows you to eat a lot of food, simply cutting out certain types.

I don't know about many, but rather than wasting time on something you hate and giving up, you could find something you stick to and even end up enjoying the new lifestyle :)

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins.com

You don't have to stay for the meeting if you don't like it.

You don't have to eat processed foods - SW encourages cooking from scratch. Although a lot of people at meetings do seem to talk more about mugshots and other such junk, it doesn't mean you have to eat them - I don't!

Not knowing how much you weigh doesn't change the facts! Although I do know of someone who asked the consultant and weighing lady never to tell her how much she weighs, and she never looks at where it is written down.

Not sure what you mean by bondage - you can sign up for 12 weeks, 6 weeks, or just one week at a time. Up to you.

And you can use your syns for baking stuff.

But if you really hate the idea of Slimming World, there are loads of alternatives out there - don't spend your money on something you really don't want to do.

I don't hate SW per say it's just the processed crap and I'm not "group" person.
I don't fancy calorie counting bc I don't want to measure everything.
I'm going to go with SW...it's the only set up that did work until I gave up...I just have to learn from what went wrong last time.

Back