I'm scared!!

Butterflygirl

Going for my initial appointment on Tuesday and I'm a bit scared really and embarassed about going to the pharmacy itself... wonder what the staff will think of me! :(

I did Slimming World for a while and lost nearly a stone, but it took me forever and since then I've just given up and remain a fatty. My poor daughter keeps pointing out the girls on the front of my excersize dvd and telling me which one she'd like me to look like. (She's only 3 btw)

What happens at your first appointment- do you come away with the "food"? Which ones are best to get or do you get a variety?

I need to lose about 4 stone..... I will be slim I'm no longer going to be the fat mum on the end of the photo

not quite sure what you are scared off really, the people at the chemist see a lot of people, different ages, sizes, etc come through their doors, it is taking the step in the right direction so dont be scared, a good tip I was told was to watch the lipotrim dvd online NOW then you can tell them you have seen it, they will give you your weeks worth of shakes and should go through everything with you. Re the flavours, if you read through this forum, every one likes different shakes in different ways, so its best to try all of them to see which you sort of like and which ones you dont usually if you have one you totally hate the chemist will swap them for you for ones you dont mind so much. Really good luck, its not easy but its worth it xx

Welcome to the forum first of all! Well the pharmacy must see people wanting to go on this all the time. Basicallt the shaakes come in four flavours, chocolate, vanilla, strawberry and chicken (which some people don't like much but I don't mind it). Most people experience an AWESOME loss their first week but be warned the first 48 hours are sheer hell but stick with it. They key is LOADS of water - I try fizzy water as it makes me feel like I'm drinking something proper and it fills me up. However crap you feel during the first few days IS NOT how you'll feel for the rest of the diet! I'm on day eight and am not even hungry enough for my last shake of the day, whereas this time seven days ago, I thought I was going to pass out!!!
There's lots of help available here!

Beware it makes your breath ABSOLUTELY stink, the key is to brush your tongue as well as your teeth when this happens and ask the chemist about gum / mints that will keep
your body in ketosis.

Your first appointment, they will ask you if you've been on Loow calorie diets before, any issues with your heart, if your mentural cycle is normal - just normal health related ramblings. As above, yeah, you may have to watch the DVD - I didn't but only as my pharmacist can never be bothered. After that you pay for 21 shakes and that's pretty much it.

Good Luck!

Thanks for the replies.... am strangely quite excited.

Slightly worried about how you then transfer back in to normality afterwards but hey... we'll work that one out when it happens.

Look at your long term goals and your here and now getting started is best thing I ever did and I don't think about the re fees just yet as I still have a bit to go so no point worrying about something that isn't happening yet ;) anyway I am taking the diet each day as it comes one day at a time and this is working for me :)

Good luck

Back