Step 1 Sole Source I'm so hungry!

sarahbr

I'm on day 12 and still so hungry. My consultant has said to have a 200 calorie meal to help me along, but I'm terrified of eating as self control is not a quality I possess. I am drinking loads of water. Any advice?

Hi Sarah and welcome to CD! The first coupe of days are a nightmare, but once you get into ketosis its far easier and after a week or two it can become second nature!

In my first few days I drank like a fish and was glued to minimims to try and keep my mind off food! I also had a lot of early nights....

Stay strong and it will pass and you'll feel great.. Soon...

I promise,.it does get better :)

Hi thanks for responding? It's just that I'm on day 12 and still so hungry! Was sure it would have faded by now.

Day 12 is quite far in... Do you know if your in ketosis? Are you having enough packs? I'm sure if your a certain height your meant to have 4??

Also are you sure its hunger and not that you want food? I haven't felt hungry on this diet once however I dream and long for food often!

No idea if I'm in ketosis, I have 3 products a day (i couldn't manage 4, I'm not too keen on them!) I was very borderline as my BMI was 39.9 so almost at the point where you can't do SS! Do you think my body could have gone into starvation mode instead? I lost 9lbs in my first week, second weigh in is on Saturday and the scales look promising so far. I just am fed up of being hungry!

sarahbr said:
No idea if I'm in ketosis, I have 3 products a day (i couldn't manage 4, I'm not too keen on them!) I was very borderline as my BMI was 39.9 so almost at the point where you can't do SS! Do you think my body could have gone into starvation mode instead? I lost 9lbs in my first week, second weigh in is on Saturday and the scales look promising so far. I just am fed up of being hungry!

I'm not sure I could say I thoroughly enjoy them, but I've kinda grown to enjoy them and sometimes I look forward to them!

Maybe you should ask your cdc for ketosticks which will then allow you to check if you're in ketosis!

Otherwise maybe you could try a stage higher with a little food... I know what you mean though,I worry when I start having food that I won't be able to stop!

Are you def having enough water? I have at least 5 pints a day, often more! I'm always thirsty and sometimes feel I need food so have water instead and that normally makes it better!

Hi Sarah,
Try the hot water veg additive it's really a life saver.
I also found the 2nd week the hardest as the 1st week is excitement, 2nd week hard work and 3rd week =mental resolve. Get through this week and you'll be fine. Take solace in your not alone but the end result will be worth it:)

Thanks for the advice! I am definitely drinking enough water but will try and up it anyway. I have just had chicken and rocket for lunch. It tasted amazing. I don't think it helps that I am going on holiday for a week on Monday - I am constantly aware that I am going to eat then. Perhaps mentally this has made me feel 'hungrier'. My worry is getting back on track when I come back, but I desperately want to be a success story!

if you want to be, then you will be! the mind is incredibly strong, and i reckon if you want it, you'll do it!

Just plan to get straight back on track after your hols and maybe that will then help you get into the right frame of mind.... i'm sure you'll do so well!

Back