Extra Easy Im soo annoyed at myself... Weekends

x_kerry_x

Will always be the Bain of my life!! I worked Saturday, overtime, and was fine up until I left at 2... I went home and me and the bf were bored so went to asda for food and drink... Vodka with diet lemonade, probs had all my syns worth then had a couple Of beers then Sunday everything just went out the window.

Does anyone else struggle at weekends? Weighed my set Saturday to and lost 3 1/2 lb since Monday!! Yay I was soo pleased!

Back on 100% today but feel like I'm always gonn struggle weekends :-(
Xx

Yes me! I find I can control food ok at weekends buy its the wine that gets me everytime. It didn't go too badly wrong this weekend because my weight has pretty much sts the last 3 weeks so I gave myself a kick up the bum.

One thing I did do this weekend was switch to rose and mix it with ice and diet lemonade. Lasts twice as long so I didn't end up drinking the whole bottle!

I save Syns through the week, then have a few vodkas Saturday night, if we're gonna have takeaway, we have Indian, chicken tikka and salad is barely anything Syn wise. You can't give up the weekend fun times!

I fall off the wagon at weekends too so don't feel like you're alone.

I don't drink, but I ate more than my fair share of syns!

If only I could find a way of not sabotaging myself every week! :p

I find any diet difficult to stick to at the weekends, i always try but it never happens! This weekend gone was my first weekend on SW and I tried but life just gets in the way! I guess its lack of routine for me x

same with me Kelz89.. this was my first weekend on SW and i tried soo bladdy hard but it just went wrong. Satruday wasnt too bad but sunday was. Also, fruit veg and meat costs quite a bit these days compared to 'fatty' items.... im skint this week so its just made things alot harder but im going to try so hard this week and up my exercise. Ive been doing it from home myself because i have had the money for registration and the 1st class so i get paid on friday and will find a group... If i know someones weighin me in i will try harder so im not embarassed!
So glad im not alone, the routine durign the week is great for me.. blasted weekends lol...
Do any of you save up your syns during the week for weekends? I dodnt have all my syns all week so maybe just maybe, ill be ok!
xxxx

Erm i dont consciously save my syns but its very rare that i use all 15 in one day, sometimes i use 3, sometimes none, sometimes 10! So i hope that i have some saved up that i dont even know about to soften the blow of the weekend! lol. a PT at my gym said that you should only stick to diets for 6 days and the 7th day eat what you want, i like the sound of this! haha.
The price of healthy food is ridiculous :( it does make meal ideas very difficult!
x

haha really, a professional told you only diet 6 days out of the week? whys that?.... SW isnt meant to be a diet though is it? more of a life change thing....
Im off for a walk on my lunch break so hopefully itll burnt some cals off from the weekend. (hate going alone though!!)
My bf wants me to go swimming with him too so ive been looking at shapewear swimming cossies.... hhmmm not something i really want to do but if it helps shift the weight i suppose i could try. Dreading walking out the the changing rooms with my dimply legs wobblin away whilst theres slim/bikini bod girls in the pool! Doesnt help that my BF has an amazing body either!! Damn you weight! xx

I cant actually remember why, some thing to do with the intake of fat or something lol! Maybe SW is an exception because we do intake fat every day in our syns etc. I hate going for walks by myself too, i get so bored! lol. Ive been going swimming 3 mornings a week before work, only started last week but i feel great for it! 6.30am the pool is dead and the people that are there are not people i worry about judging me! Im def going to try keep it up! plus it makes me feel more comfortable in swim wear so when i go on holiday in July i will hopefully feel comfortable! have you looked in m&s? they had a few in there last time i looked! xx

same with me Kelz89.. this was my first weekend on SW and i tried soo bladdy hard but it just went wrong. Satruday wasnt too bad but sunday was. Also, fruit veg and meat costs quite a bit these days compared to 'fatty' items.... im skint this week so its just made things alot harder but im going to try so hard this week and up my exercise. Ive been doing it from home myself because i have had the money for registration and the 1st class so i get paid on friday and will find a group... If i know someones weighin me in i will try harder so im not embarassed!
So glad im not alone, the routine durign the week is great for me.. blasted weekends lol...
Do any of you save up your syns during the week for weekends? I dodnt have all my syns all week so maybe just maybe, ill be ok!
xxxx

There's definitely ways to cut the cost of healthy food. My biggest money saver has been switching to frozen veg. We had so much wastage from fresh veg and it was soooo expensive. Most frozen veg in supermarkets is around £1 a bag and the great thing is it lasts forever and you don't have to rush to eat it before it all goes off.

Pasta and rice and potatoes are free foods on Extra Easy and Green, all these things can be bought in bulk for much less. Also don't be swayed by branding. I can't see how a piece of rice can be that drastically different from the value version to the branded version. We have value/smart price pasta, rice and potatoes and have never had a complaint in this household with the quality.

Other items that we have switched to the value version

Baked beans
Tinned spaghetti
Chopped tomatoes
Cottage cheese (surprisingly most of the value cottage cheeses are free so you don;t have to buy the expensive lighter choices ones)

Think about preparing any fresh food that you do have in a way that can then be frozen, this will prevent wastage and also helps when you are in a rush and need something quick and easy. One of the things I do as soon as we've done a shop is peel and chip a ton of potatoes, par boil them for a few minutes then bag them up to go into the freezer et voila SW frozen chips!

With regard to staying on track at weekends I usually try and find a new indulgent SW recipe that I haven't tried and will use this as my treat for the weekend. Favourites so far have been cheese scones (free and delish) onion bhajis (wow!), philadelphia macaroni cheese. The good thing with the free scones and bhajis is you can make a big batch and snack on them throughout the weekend without feeling guilty. Check out the recipe section on here and see if you can find any inspiration.

I very rarely drink so I'm not great on advice for that but mixing something with more diet drinks to make a nice long drink might help the syns go a bit further, I like the Rose with diet lemonade idea.

Hi Wegle.. you defo are right about the frozen veg and branding... I think im going to start fbuying the frozen stuff as it lasts a lot longer! Branding im not too fussed about either, it all tastes the same whether its smart price of heinz i think... its just receipes from scratch though, all the things you have toput in to make you could have bought 2 of the frozen stuff... if it wasnt for the high fat / calorie contents lol... As soon as i get paid im going ot stock up on everything so i dont end up going to asda every other day.. thats wehere it costs more also! Veg is brill to buy from a car bootie actually, lots for less and its all fresh! Guess where im heading sunday lol...
xx

Think the problem with weekends are your normal routine goes out of the window, as I work Mon-Fri and can manage fine then when I have my routine and also the social aspect of weekends, I'm trying to knuckle down and get the last bit of weight off so the last few weeks I have been drinking slimline tonic, lots of ice and lime - makes me feel like I'm having an alcoholic beverage! and bf gets annoyed when I fuss over eating out etc so I tend to cook things during the week and stick them in lunch boxes and freeze them and then just take them out with me if we go anywhere for the day then he can eat his mcdonalds or whatever and I can stick to my own SW friendly food, and I also try out new recipes at w/ends as a treat - 3 good weekends so far but an engagement this saturday to cope with....!!

I really struggle with weekends too, if it's not the drink it's a spur of the moment meal out or takeaway and if I'm not going out the 'treats' sneak back in (cake with my afternoon cuppa is a particular weakness!!). I think I'm going to have to buy the new pudding book so it's easier to control the syn value for when I do fancy a sweet treat. Has anyone seen it or bought it yet?

One of my staples is the Smart Price passata,plum tomatoes,Asda chopped onions, Smart Price mushrooms. And there you have it, a little extra lean mince which unfortuanetly isnt in the Smart Price range, and you have a spag bol, oh and Smart Price pasta. No I dont work for Asda ha ha

Back