I'm struggling

xCharlottex

Hiya guys

I've been going to slimming world for around 5 weeks now, and i haven't been doing well mainly due to not being able to stick to the plan for longer than 20 minutes :(

Im struggling with breakfast the most - lunch and tea is fine - but i dont eat breakfast and then i end up going on this wild binge later in the day

I know in my head what ive got to do yet, it doesn't seem to be registering!!

Im 13 stone 3lb and i want to get down to around 11 stone, but its not going to happen if i carry on like this

I cant seem to go a day without several sweet treats and i know at the moment , im having a bit of a tough time so it makes it easier to pig out as im an emotional eater

anybody got any pointers for me - or failing pointers a massive kick up the backside will do :rolleyes:

Charlotte xx

I never used to have breakfast either, until I started SW and now i can't go without, I actually feel really hungy by 9am if I don't eat it. It was hard at first because I wasnt used to eating in the morning, but it really is important to have it. So i would force myself to have something, either fruit salad, cereal, toast, scrambled egg..something to keep me going til lunch. After the first week of making myself do it, I was actually feeling hungry in the mornings when I woke up. And now it's the first thing I do (after putting the kettle on).

I'm sure some others will have some pointers, but for me, it was sheer will power to succeed that made me do it. Good luck xx

Hello! Starting any new "diet" is hard at first, but once you get into the swing of it, it becomes second nature!

Firstly, what plan are you following?? If its Extra Easy then you have got lots of options for Breakfasts.....
1. Using your HEXb for cereal and HEXa for milk. You can bulk out the cereal by topping it with fruit and yogurt
2. Cheese Omlette (using HEXa)
2. Bacon Sandwich (using HEXb for bread)

Two Alpen Light Bars can be used as a HEXb and they are really nice, so this might cure your sweet tooth!

I never used to have breakfast and like you by lunch time i used to polish off so much junk. Now my breakfast is so important and i make sure i have it before i do anything else in the morning. Then i will snack on fruit or have a mullerlight yogurt if hunger kicks in before lunch. It is hard to get your head around it in the beginning especially when you have been in bad habits for so long. The best thing about SW is there is no reason why have to go hungry if you want something to eat you can have it. Just pick the right things. Hope you have a good week hun, Hang in there you will see results x

Im not a big breakfaster either but have managed by having a WW citrus yoghurt ( come in lemon, grapefruit and orange and necterine) and a banana in the house and then once at work about 10ish i have an alpen light.
Its helping me along!
good luck and stick with it!

I've always been like that, stick to plan for about an hour, then go and have about 7 Nando's. Hahaha.

The way I've found it easier to stick to it is actually sit and physically write down and plan my week's meals, obviously allowing for a couple of changes incase of changes in circumstance.

3 days ago, I sat and planned this weeks meals, and not only is it interesting, you know exactly what shopping you need to get, and you only have to glance at the piece of paper to know how many syns you've had that day and if you've had enough superfree/free foods! :)

You need to be organised and have a plan.

also I never used to eat breakkie, I know forvce it down cos i have a 40 min drive and if i didnt eat i would have the sakes on the commute which is never a good thing lol

One of the things that helps me eat it is i once read the sooner you start to eat in a day the sooner your metaoblism (sp sorry) starts to work

so if you dont eat to lunch time that is a good few hours that it has done nothing :)

x

I try and keep good snacks around the house too so that I can satusfy those cravings. Cadbury's light chocolate mousse are good for my choc fix, cooked chicken, microwave rice, crispbread crackers and light philadelphia, low calorie soups and low cal hot chocolate are all things i make sure i've stocked up on x

Hiya guys

I've been going to slimming world for around 5 weeks now, and i haven't been doing well mainly due to not being able to stick to the plan for longer than 20 minutes :(

Im struggling with breakfast the most - lunch and tea is fine - but i dont eat breakfast and then i end up going on this wild binge later in the day

I know in my head what ive got to do yet, it doesn't seem to be registering!!

Im 13 stone 3lb and i want to get down to around 11 stone, but its not going to happen if i carry on like this

I cant seem to go a day without several sweet treats and i know at the moment , im having a bit of a tough time so it makes it easier to pig out as im an emotional eater

anybody got any pointers for me - or failing pointers a massive kick up the backside will do :rolleyes:

Charlotte xx

I think it's wise to start afresh completely :) try a new approach, think of SW as an eating plan and not as a diet - try to embrace the plan by seeing what you CAN eat and not what you can't, another tip is to plan the week, make sure you still eat the kinds of things you love :cool: e.g. curries, roasts and fish and chips - just made the Slimming World way :)

With regards to syns, use them on lovely treats, you have 5 - 15syns to play with so use them wisely :) don't deprive yourself

My main tip for motivation is think of what you are going to look like in "the end" :) think of how you are going to feel when you've shed a couple of stone

When you have your motivation back make sure you fill up on your free foods not forgetting super free foods and speed foods, use your syns on nice treats as I say, drink plenty of no added sugar squash and water <3 and try to incorporate some body magic into your day - start off small e.g. 5 mins a day then progress to 10 until you can do the minimum of 30 mins per day

You can do it! I know you can because I did it, I have lost 4st 2.5lb on Slimming World :)

Good luck x

what if you prepare the night before even something light like grapefruit? May be easier for a aweek or two as you may eat it if its ready.Put porridge in slow cooker etc.

Do you eat through the evening, hon? If so this could be why you're not wanting breakfast in the morning, it might be worth trying to change your routine a bit for a few days so you don't eat after, say, 6pm and see if this makes you more inclined to eat breakfast.

I have to say that I was never a breakfast person, and though initially I did start eating it when I began the plan, now I don't bother with it anymore. I prefer to eat later in the day, and I don't find it a problem to wait. The trick is to eat as soon as you start to feel hungry, and eat the right things! :)

I have to say that I was never a breakfast person, and though initially I did start eating it when I began the plan, now I don't bother with it anymore. I prefer to eat later in the day, and I don't find it a problem to wait. The trick is to eat as soon as you start to feel hungry, and eat the right things! :)

I agree! I really can't stomach food in the morning, and I'm much more of an evening eater. So as long as I make the right choices in the evening it's never made a difference to my weight loss over the years (I've tried the whole eating breakfast and not eating after, say, 7pm but it makes me v grouchy and downright miserable knowing I can't eat so I just cannot sustain it!)

I agree! I really can't stomach food in the morning, and I'm much more of an evening eater. So as long as I make the right choices in the evening it's never made a difference to my weight loss over the years (I've tried the whole eating breakfast and not eating after, say, 7pm but it makes me v grouchy and downright miserable knowing I can't eat so I just cannot sustain it!)

Yep, I find the same. I think some people are just naturally geared to eating later in the day, I've always been like that. I tend to have a bit of fruit in the day, then a small meal like soup or a sandwich around 6pm, and my dinner really late, sometimes 10 or 11pm. This never affected my weight loss in any way, in fact I'm still losing now even though I hit my goal already! :D

Yep, I find the same. I think some people are just naturally geared to eating later in the day, I've always been like that. I tend to have a bit of fruit in the day, then a small meal like soup or a sandwich around 6pm, and my dinner really late, sometimes 10 or 11pm. This never affected my weight loss in any way, in fact I'm still losing now even though I hit my goal already! :D

I LOVE you for saying this! :love:

I'm the same with my eating times and i'm absolutely sick to death of ppl saying "you should eat breakfast :blahblah: eating late at night is what is making you heavy :blahblah:" I just say "No, it's the THINGS i was eating not the times! :mad:"

I LOVE you for saying this! :love:

I'm the same with my eating times and i'm absolutely sick to death of ppl saying "you should eat breakfast :blahblah: eating late at night is what is making you heavy :blahblah:" I just say "No, it's the THINGS i was eating not the times! :mad:"

Research has kind of disproved the old 'if you eat late, you gain weight' myth - it's been proven conclusively that it's the amount of calories you take in over each 24 hour period that determines weight gain or loss, not the times you eat.

It's a very persistent myth though. :)

People are individuals, with many variations in metabolism, how their bodies work generally. There isn't a 'one size fits all' here, it's about finding your own natural rhythm and working with it. If you find you need breakfast and lunch during the day and it helps you to work that way, go for it. If you find you function best eating later in the day, also go for it! :D

Hey hun

I can't really say much more than has already been said here. Any new way of life, as that is what SW is, is always tricky to get your head around and your mind focused on at the beginning and if you really sit back and think about all that doing the SW entails, it is kind of complicated at first. For me now it comes as second nature but I only really realised how tricky it is at first when my daughter started doing it with me and coming to group a few weeks ago and having to actually explain things to her and check how she was getting on shows as a newbie its not always easy. As time goes by you will get yourself into a routine that suits you most and you will find little habits and tricks to keep yourself on plan. If you are having trouble sticking to it, don't keep the things that tempt you in the house - you are less likely to eat them if you have to physically go out to get them and often by the time you do the moment is passed and a blip is avoided.

It's even harder when things in our lives are not that rosy too but with a little will power you can get there.

I don't eat breakfast, thats my choice and I'll tell you the reasons why I dont - although I think I need to reassess this as so many of the members here are stressing how important it is - the reason I dont at the moment is I feel that once I start eating in a day I can't stop so the later I start eating the less hours in a day are left for me to eat. I'm a night time snacker so I tend to have free food during the day so that I can use my syns and HEX choices for little snacks at night - thats just how I do it, how its suits me. We are all so different and you have n't had enough time yet to work out a routine that suits you.

You can do it, keep telling yourself that and you dont have a huge amount of weight to lose so you will reach that target in no time at all.

Distraction is a fab tool. I keep myself busy all day long with things around the house, the kids etc cause if you are bored or just sitting around not doing very much you'll only start to think about food and start picking - idle hands make people eat ;)

If you feel a binge coming on how about coming here and posting about it - thats what the forum is for and there is always someone around who will listen to you and get your mind off what your head is telling you to do. :p

Just bin all the naughty stuff and stock the kitchen with loads of fruit and veg, lots of superfree foods and you'll soon be melting away the pounds.

Alia xxx

Mornings are such a rush here which is why i never eat breakfast lol so it is about being more prepared! :) i spent some time yesterday writing a plan :) and i worked out syns for certain things i like to have etc such as tommy ketchup i cant live without that lol

as for treats its not easy not to have them in the house as i have a 5 year old and a 26 year old lmao well the 26 year old is my partner but he may as well be a child the way he acts lol he sits on the ps3 all night eating junk!! hes not very supportive either of the SW plan so again that doesnt help!!

I know i can do this - ive lost weight before and i can again and this time keep it off!! x

Hi
I am exactly the same, cant stand breakfast first thing. However, I do lose weight easier if i force myself to eat in the morning, so, I make sure I have a lot of cereal bars handy (oaty bars 3.5 syns, or alpen light bars 3 syns). Theyre quick and easy to just grab n go and small enough not to make me feel ill, lol!

Back