Extra Easy Days I'm stuck.....

Discussion in 'Slimming World' started by sarahod72, 27 July 2011 Social URL.

1. sarahod72

sarahod72 Member

Hi all, I Got to target May 2010 :) and stayed target until Feb 2011... I'm now really struggling with my weight - I'm half a stone heavier now!!!:mad:
    I don't seem to be losing any weight no matter how hard I try... I've started a running program (3 weeks ago) and I run 3 times a week, and walk my Daughter to and from school. I weighed myself this morning and I'm exactly the same as last week!!!!

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. sue567

sue567 Silver Member

Start Weight:
    14st4.5lb
    Current Weight:
    9st12lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st12lb
    Lost(%):
    4st6.5lb(31.17%)
    Badges:
    Maintainer
    Diet:
    slimming world
    hiya

am going through the same thing only am trying to get to target no matter what I do its not moving or am getting 0.5lb (which I no is better than nothing )

this week am trying speed soup everyday for lunch and fish for dinner :) also trying to increase my water intake

have u tried eating more speed foods

what type of foods are u eating? are u eating enough to cope with the extra exercise

have u measured urself in inches incase the increase in exercise is moving ur inches

dont worry we will get there

4. sarahod72

sarahod72 Member

Thank you for replying to me... I've been eating superspeed soup for lunch every day, I try and drink loads of water, and I think I'm eating enough!!!!
    I get so disheartened by it all.....

5. Braxs

Braxs Slimmer on a journey

Start Weight:
    16st0lb
    Current Weight:
    13 st4llbs
    Goal Weight:
    8st13lb
    Lost(%):
    15st1lb(94.2%)
    Diet:
    Slimming world
    Perhaps your converting fat to muscle with all that running ;)

6. sarahod72

sarahod72 Member

I wish i measured myself before I started running....

7. sue567

sue567 Silver Member

Start Weight:
    14st4.5lb
    Current Weight:
    9st12lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st12lb
    Lost(%):
    4st6.5lb(31.17%)
    Badges:
    Maintainer
    Diet:
    slimming world
    why dont u measure urself now and see what happens this week

ano how disheartening it is I ate scan bran and speed soup everyday this week and sts, but chin up we will get there

8. carlacas83

carlacas83 Full Member

I thought a varied week was best not sticking to the same meal everyday?

I know some ppl at my group don't drink large amounts of water as they think it makes them gain on the weeks they do it.

Have you tried success express?

9. Happy Holidays

Happy Holidays Gold Member

Start Weight:
    9st11lb
    Current Weight:
    8st9lb
    Goal Weight:
    8st9lb
    Lost(%):
    1st2lb(11.68%)
    Badges:
    Maintainer
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    I gained 7lb on holiday (March) and lost the first 3lbs ok but the rest just didn't want to shift. A few weeks ago our C mentioned success express & I gave it a try & I'm now 1lb over target:D

Success Express is 2/3 superfree & 1/2 free. A first it seems a bit of a facing but I love mashed carrots & swede, cabbage, spinach, rocket, toms, etc give it a whirl it could just work.;)

10. sarahod72

sarahod72 Member

Thank you all for your support. I weighed myself this morning and lost 2 pounds!!!! I will measure myself too

I think i'll try success express and see how I get on

11. mandy296

mandy296 Silver Member

Start Weight:
    12st12lb
    Current Weight:
    9st11lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st3.5lb
    Lost(%):
    3st1lb(23.89%)
    Badges:
    Maintainer
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Er,not possible.

Fat is fat, and muscle is muscle - one cannot magically turn into the other!

Muscle can be built after (sustained) levels of exercise, conversely fat can be burned off and lost, but they are two entirely separate entities.

Muscle is not "heavier" than fat by the way - but has greater density - so 1lb muscle is the same weight as 1lb of fat - but the muscle is denser and hence 1lb would take up less space than fat.

What can happen at the beginning of a new exercise regime is that water is retained as it is needed to help repair the muscle that is damaged when starting out on new exercise, which may sometimes explain unexpected gains/maintains when starting out on a new exercise regime.

Stick with it, i'm sure it will pick up. I've just dropped out of target range too and am struggling to get back in, so am also having a full on superspeed soup/fishy/scan bran/ sucess express/ water challange week!

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.