I'm sure I'm eating too much....

Dietingdon

Silver Member
...and am going to gain weight. I know it works for a lot, but just don't see how it will for me. My scales still say im gaining, I know I need to step away from the scales, I'll just be so gutted if I gain or sts in my 1st week.

as long as you are eating lots of superfree foods, and sticking within the syn limit - you will lose! this plan does work, soo many people here have lost shed loads of weight doing it. I know it doesnt make any sense, tonight i've had a huge plateful of pasta with quorn sausages with mushrooms and onions and peppers..im definatley full, and its crazy to think I can eat that much and lose weight. But im confident it works! I'm sure you will be pleasantly suprised hun! good luck and let me know how you get on :)
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

as long as you are eating lots of superfree foods, and sticking within the syn limit - you will lose! this plan does work, soo many people here have lost shed loads of weight doing it. I know it doesnt make any sense, tonight i've had a huge plateful of pasta with quorn sausages with mushrooms and onions and peppers..im definatley full, and its crazy to think I can eat that much and lose weight. But im confident it works! I'm sure you will be pleasantly suprised hun! good luck and let me know how you get on :)
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Tonight for tea I had SW chips, quorn sausages, egg and beans, Im stuffed, but cant help but wonder why my scales say ive gained. I have an evening WI on a tues, I may go to class, and weigh, but weigh at home each wed morning, and use that as my official weight. Ive said this before, I much prefer weighing in the morning, at home so I can weigh just in my underwear.

Most people will weigh on average 3 lbs lighter in the morning than the evening.

why do you weigh yrself in the morning then, if yr a lot lighter in a morning, surely its not a true reading of how much you weigh? sorry i might be missing the point im just a bit confused!
:)
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

why do you weigh yrself in the morning then, if yr a lot lighter in a morning, surely its not a true reading of how much you weigh? sorry i might be missing the point im just a bit confused!
:)
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

I can only make an evening class, thats why i'm weighing in the evening. I reckon I'll go to class for support but weigh myself

I used to weigh in in the evening. I used to havebreakfast, then a light lunch at noon and then didnt have anything else until after weigh in.

If you adopt a routine before each weigh in you will get a true reading.

Using your own scales and the SW scales could be decieving and cause unnecessary turmoil if they are different.

Dont weigh yourself every day as your weight will fluctuate.

If you have stuck to the plan you will lose, Just make sure you account for everything.

Good Luck. xx

I always prefer to weigh in the morning as like you , Nicky ,I never used to have dinner before an evening weigh !!

Just put your faith in the plan hun, it does work, if it didn't they would have gone out of business years ago, I have had a huge plateful of quorn curry and rice tonight and then went back for seconds and am now sooooooo stuffed and yes if I get on the scales now it will show I have gained (that's why I don't get on the scales!!!) but I know it works cos I have done it before and lost 4st, if you want to weight yourself at home then that's fine but do it first thing in the morning and the same day each week, oh and one tip, try and have a red day the day before you weigh in, I always find I weigh less that way

Just put your faith in the plan hun, it does work, if it didn't they would have gone out of business years ago, I have had a huge plateful of quorn curry and rice tonight and then went back for seconds and am now sooooooo stuffed and yes if I get on the scales now it will show I have gained (that's why I don't get on the scales!!!) but I know it works cos I have done it before and lost 4st, if you want to weight yourself at home then that's fine but do it first thing in the morning and the same day each week, oh and one tip, try and have a red day the day before you weigh in, I always find I weigh less that way

Thanks for the tip, I guess a green day could bloat you a bit before WI.

I always prefer to weigh in the morning as like you , Nicky ,I never used to have dinner before an evening weigh !!

When I did WW and my WI was in the evening, I starved myself all day, which was stupid, as some weeks I was desperate for something to eat, but was just too worried it'd effect my loss, esp as I'd not eaten before previous WI's

Have you started SW immediately after finishing Cambridge or have you been eating since you finished Cambridge?

If you have gone straight from one to the other, you need to remember that you have gone from having shakes only to now having food. Your body is going to take a while to adjust.

If you have had a break from C and have been eating food rather than shakes before starting SW then just trust in the plan.

Keep off the scales. You are causing yourself stress and upset by weighing yourself all the time. I rarely show any loss after I get weighed on a Tuesday until around Saturday, so there's no point in getting on the scales because that just leads to doubts, cutting back on food and getting upset because you think you've not lost. Keep off them!!!

remember not to eat for the sake of it, if you feel full up dont eat anymore.
that's what our consultant says. You can eat as much as you want until you feel satisfied.
I hate my scales they are soooo completely different to the ones at SW. I have got my mum to hide them away. I am determined that this week i will have a surprise @ class be it good or should i say- bad...
try it for one week dont get on them...if you can do it then stay off them for good!

Have you started SW immediately after finishing Cambridge or have you been eating since you finished Cambridge?

If you have gone straight from one to the other, you need to remember that you have gone from having shakes only to now having food. Your body is going to take a while to adjust.

If you have had a break from C and have been eating food rather than shakes before starting SW then just trust in the plan.

Keep off the scales. You are causing yourself stress and upset by weighing yourself all the time. I rarely show any loss after I get weighed on a Tuesday until around Saturday, so there's no point in getting on the scales because that just leads to doubts, cutting back on food and getting upset because you think you've not lost. Keep off them!!!

I've been off CD since since August, so with all Ive eaten, I'm well adjusted, lol.

why do you weigh yrself in the morning then, if yr a lot lighter in a morning, surely its not a true reading of how much you weigh?

The point is the morning reading is the true reading of your body weight.

A pint of water weighs 1lb. So anything you've eaten or drunk during the day will show up as weight gain in the evening.

Tonight for tea I had SW chips, quorn sausages, egg and beans, Im stuffed, but cant help but wonder why my scales say ive gained.

Well of course they will say that - you have all that food hanging around in your tummy!

I really think you should put the scales away! Weigh yourself twice a week if you must (once the morning just after your WI, if it makes you feel happier - it would me! - and then halfway through the week. Tho' even this can be misleading) and then let the scales go free . . . If not, you'll get to the stage where you're weighing yourself after every meal (no, I never did that, honest, was my best mate, and her dog . . . )

Seriously, eat until your full and follow the plan. It will work

The point is the morning reading is the true reading of your body weight.

A pint of water weighs 1lb. So anything you've eaten or drunk during the day will show up as weight gain in the evening.

Morning WI it is, even if I do it at home. I will still go to my group for support, and, of course, hi fi bars, lol.

Back