I'm worried i'm not as slim as I feel...

Discussion in 'Cambridge Weight Plan' started by Lucky~Star, 16 March 2009 Social URL.

Post New ThreadFind New
  1. Lucky~Star

Lucky~Star Full Member

Start Weight:
    9st13.5lb
    Current Weight:
    9st13.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    8st3lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    I'm now very close to my 1st goal - 10st, which would make me right at the top end of 'normal' as opposed to 'overweight'. Right now i'm feeling over the moon about this. I've lost 18lbs in 4 weeks which i'm thrilled about as i'm finally losing the baby weight but i'm worried that this is false confidence purely because it's better than I have been for the past 8 months rather than the fact I actually look good.

When I first started university I was 8.5st and towards the end of this time I would vary somewhat within the 9st bracket. I was happy enough with 9st but as soon as I would get close to 10st I would feel very down and almost disgusted with myself, just not comfortable in my own skin. I'm only 23 now and a year out of university so these aren't distant dreams. I just cant shake the feeling that I shouldn't be happy being the weight I am now.

I guess i'm mainly worried that i'll lose sight about what i'm aiming for if I become satisfied with a weight which is almost overweight as opposed to one which is truly healthy. How can I keep this in perspective?

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Purple Hugs

Purple Hugs Loves weight.. training!

Start Weight:
    13st5.5lb
    Current Weight:
    12st13lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st6.5lb(3.47%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    ((Hugs)) and congratulations! :D

I must admit a goal of the mid range of healthy bmi is where I have set my sights, for the very same reason as you. :) I have never been able to find a 'balance' of weight since I was in my early 20's and very very active in sports etc.

I would say that perhaps you should write down the pro's and cons to how you feel and then evaluate them as to what you want to do. :)
    How important bmi is to you should be one consideration as it's not always important to everyone. ;)

Whatever you choose to do, maintenance has a section here and I'm sure that they'll have similar feelings to you - so be able to give advice that is relevant for you and support as you go along the maintenance journey, even if this involves dropping a few more lbs along the way.

You have done so well! You deserve to feel slim! because you ARE!!

4. mollydog

mollydog Silver Member

Start Weight:
    14st11lb
    Current Weight:
    13st13.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st11.5lb(5.56%)
    Diet:
    slimming world
    Golly, 8.5 stone! I'm near enough same height as you and at that weight i would look ill. I think we must all be so different. I'm 11 and half just now and whilst overweight i must be fairly happy as i cannot get off the plataeu just now. I mostly wear a 12/14 (depends where i buy) and feel so much better within myself.
    However, having said all that i so want to be 10 stone and allow myself a pound or two up and down. I know i would be much happier at that weight but can i realistically maintain it. Who knows, i may never get there!
    Please think about how you feel within yourself and not how you think the world sees you.

5. trisha

trisha likes to post

Diet:
    healthy eating
    I'm 5 ft 4, and just under 10 stone. I thought I'd be really happy with that weight, but there is definatley more weight to lose, I've still got fat thighs etc, compared to my top half. I know exercise will help with this but I feel that 9st 5, or even 9 stone would be better. I suppose it depends on your natural body shape, apple, pear etc some people at my height would be really slim at 10 stone.

6. crazylilblondie

crazylilblondie Pizza addict

Start Weight:
    12st13lb
    Current Weight:
    12st0lb
    Goal Weight:
    8st10lb
    Lost(%):
    0st13lb(7.18%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge
    I think it depends on your bone size as well.. I know friends my height who are about 7 stone but they dont look thin.. in fact some are quite chubby! They just have tiny bones!

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.