Im worried

jowray100

Im at that point were i need to go into rtm but in my head i can here my self delaying it. my counsellor gave me the book to look at and all looks good but i cant make myself take the leap. I happy with my size now dont want to go much lower in weight.
I need advise how are others planning the move

Hi Jo

I decided on RTM when the size 10 jeans I had fitted me, that was far enough for me.
I got the book a couple of weeks early, read the whole thing and started planning.
I planned several weeks ahead which made me feel less panicky about starting eating again. Now on week 9, I am having the time of my life. My eating habits have totally changed and I am really enjoying my new way of life.
I guess you are worried about all the weight going back on, as most of us are, but it really doesn't.
You are still likely to lose another half stone, or more, in the first 6 weeks so I wouldn't hang about too much if you don't want to go much lower.

You will be fine.

Yep - I got the book a couple of weeks early so I could read through it all and prepare. I got to my goal weight of 9stone before I started RTM, but as you can see, I've lost quite a bit more on RTM and am now officially underweight! Most people lose about half a stone in RTM, but I have lost more because I'm very active, and also because I'm only reintroducing low-carb foods as this is the way I intend to live my life once I am managing by myself.

Don't put it off - read our threads in the RTM section and you'll see that we're all having a fab time learning about foods, putting together recipes and enjoying new flavours. Embrace it, don't fear it!

Back