Imitt -

Principessa N

Minimins Addict
I met with my CDC last night and she was lovely as ever, welcoming me back after me previous (short lived) attempts. I have gained another 2 stone since then taking to me 24stone at least its a nice round number! We set my first target of 10% by Christmas, she is confident I will smash this but I'm not so sure especially if my previous attempts are anything to go by.
I have to remember that although this diet is tough and i'm going to be miserable, life is tough and I am miserable anyway at least with being miserable on a diet i'm making some changes and there is a light at the end on the tunnel. I also need to remember that most of my 'cravings' are in my head, last time I was well into ketosis but I needed to eat and I caved into that, this is what i need to manage. Hopefully doing my uni work in the evenings will distract me from this.

I thought i'd start a diary just to keep track or maybe a blog which i can make pretty. Anyway day one is going ok but then its only 10am, I'm lucky this time around are i'm in a better job, before i was in a call centre. Now i'm in a lovely office with lovely people and lovely minimins access :D which will be good when it starts to get tough. I'm looking forward to trying the new coconut shake, going to half it with a chocolate shake and see how much like a bounty it is.

Hi Imitt. I totally get what you mean. I desparately want to lose the weight and know that no matter how hard it is the end result will be worth it. I lost 4 1/2 stone doing LL before and managed to conceive after 5 years of trying within a month. I have been trying again for 6 years and know that if i want to get pregnant again I need to lose the weight again. (I have PCOS). So anyway this isn't about it but sending you lots of good luck for you on your journey and hopefully we can help each other xxx

Thanks Miracle, We've been trying for about that too although I don't have PCOS and the doctor has refused to test me until my BMI is normal, would be nice to no whats going on in there, there is obviously a problem with one of us.

Anywho yesterday was a bit of an epic fail and I'm pretty annoyed at myself actually because I basically forgot I was dieting, I just sat at my desk mindlessly eating biscuits. It wasn't until I'd polished off a good few that it dawned on me. So I just had the one shake and had a low carby dinner and today i'm back on it and the biscuits have been donated to a friend. My house is also now cleared of naughtiness (well apart from my naughty puppy) and I had a lovely mint shake this morning. I am suprised how much I like that one need to be brave and venture to the other ones. I've been reading everyones diaries but haven't been brave enough to comment yet but its nice to no that we're all in the same boat.
xx

Wooooooo day one was painless and other then slightly eating too much cucumber with my little dinner and eating undercooked chicken It was an ok day. I no the worst is to come but actually that little promise of food with ss+ is going to help me power through.

Hello and good luck on your journey. Feel free to pop over to my diary and say hi - lots of support on there.

I did 7 weeks of SS ing in July. I found it mentally very tough but it worked. I am currently 9 stone and maintaining. Back in May 2011 I was over 15 stone.

Anyway, grit your teeth and try and think of it in terms of 'getting the job done' now.

Being overweight is hard. Losing weight is hard. Choose your hard x

Yes, I know how hard it is.

If you have a read through my diary you will see that I spent my first week in some sort of mad torture. I was tired, wiped out and hated every minute of it. As time went on I would pace round my kitchen lining up chocolate bars and screaming inwardly at myself.

HOWEVER.... It was worth it! If you can actually stick to it this time then you are going to see some big losses. Jump on here and rant BEFORE you eat anything. Whatever you do, don't go on a food rampage and then come on here. Take it hour by hour if you need to.

There is no reason for you to fail this time. Have strength and come chat

Hi Imitt - how're you doing? Getting through week 1 is really tough, but well worth it! And the loss for the week will keep you motivated for week 2!!!
Hang in there!

Ok confession time, I did fall off the wagon over the weekend thanks to my pain in the butt husband not wanting me to do cambridge but after a pep talk from my best friend/cousin and a heart to heart with husband I told him I wanted to give it a go and if I chose not to do it, it needs to be because I don't want to do it not because he's telling me not to do it. Then I got a tummy bug or food poisioning so today is my first day back on it. I went to restock my shakes and got weighed although she did say i could skip it if I wanted but I'm glad i didn't as I lost 6lbs :party0019: Imagine what I can do with a whole week or month on this, I am seriously excited and seriously motivated. I have decided not to tell many people about it, the ladies at work no because they see me drinking the shakes and although i've only been here 10 months they have seen what useless dieter i am and how much mum leaving has effected me so they are in full support, both my friends no (yes sad but true I only have 2 friends and one of those is a cousin lol) and my husband thats about it really so I will be using minis for as much support as I can possibly get and hopefully offer some once I get over my random internet shyness that has developed recently.

No need for random internet shyness : ) You're quite safe, hidden behind that screen.

And yes, although it's decidedly easier to have your husband 'on side,' it really is your decision to do this. What does he want? For you to continue risking your health by remaining the weight you are?

Well done on the 6lb loss. Aim for a 100% week and you'll see more than that at your next weigh in. Keep the focus and DON'T CHEAT because you only cheat yourself. Keep on keeping on!

No need for random internet shyness : ) You're quite safe, hidden behind that screen.

And yes, although it's decidedly easier to have your husband 'on side,' it really is your decision to do this. What does he want? For you to continue risking your health by remaining the weight you are?

Well done on the 6lb loss. Aim for a 100% week and you'll see more than that at your next weigh in. Keep the focus and DON'T CHEAT because you only cheat yourself. Keep on keeping on!

I don't no where the shyness has come from I used to love internet forums back in the days of wedding planning.
My husband does want me to loss weight although he says he loves me regardless he has admitted that he worries about me but on the other side he hates seeing me sad and unhappy and I have been very down recently (because of my mum not the diet) but he tries to fix things with food because thats how he would usually cheer me up. I did suggest he should try Jewellery :rolleyes: Don't think I've got much chance of that.
I will not cheat, I really want to do this and I haven't felt so positive about a diet in a long while, I'm sticking somewhere between ss+ and 810 ( I should be on 810 but being naughty) some days I just don't fancy anything to eat so I just have an extra shake.

What happened to your mum? It isn't very clear from your posts. I hope you are OK

Make sure you write down everything you eat... it's also useful to note the times you eat as well. You can then work out a pattern to your days.

She and my stepdad moved to Cyprus a few weeks ago and its hit me pretty hard, more than I thought it would.
Good idea about the writing it down, I keep meaning to start a planner and organise myself better but I haven't got round to it :D

Imitt I admire you decision not give up on CD and do take GG's advice because she has succeeded and is maintaining and what an inspiration she has been. I appreciate that you probably have a lot to lose judging by your stats (although they don't show your height. The only bit of advice I can (not than I have succeeded and maintained yet with my track record) is if you do eat something off plan don't use that an as excuse to continue eating. That was my downfall. I cheated, I failed so I may as well continue over eating. Avoid that attitude because it is the wrong one to have and in the past I have proven that! I didn't like to hear my slim friends who would just tell me to change what I ate slightly even portion sizes etc.... If I had done that over a year ago I would probably be near goal. Keep smiling and posting. Don't give up.

Kira said:
Imitt I admire you decision not give up on CD and do take GG's advice because she has succeeded and is maintaining and what an inspiration she has been. I appreciate that you probably have a lot to lose judging by your stats (although they don't show your height. The only bit of advice I can (not than I have succeeded and maintained yet with my track record) is if you do eat something off plan don't use that an as excuse to continue eating. That was my downfall. I cheated, I failed so I may as well continue over eating. Avoid that attitude because it is the wrong one to have and in the past I have proven that! I didn't like to hear my slim friends who would just tell me to change what I ate slightly even portion sizes etc.... If I had done that over a year ago I would probably be near goal. Keep smiling and posting. Don't give up.

Yup. :). I have a friend who tells me every time she sees me that if I could only stop chopping and changing and stick to one plan, I'd lose weight. She's right, of course.

You can do this. We all can. x x x

Yup. :). I have a friend who tells me every time she sees me that if I could only stop chopping and changing and stick to one plan, I'd lose weight. She's right, of course.

You can do this. We all can. x x x

Thanks ladies, I am exactly the same I bounce from one diet to the next and they'd all work if I stuck to them for any amount of time. Your totally right about using a slip as a reason for ditching the whole day/week/month which I do a lot, I'm hoping that is going to change with this diet, only time will tell I guess. I do have a lot to lose, about 14 stone if I am for a healthy BMI (I'm 5'6) but to be honest i'm just aiming for a size 14/16, just to be able to walk in a shop like debenhams and no something will fit or be able to look in a mirror. The reason I chose Cambridge is because of how fast it can work if you don't cheat, I tend to lose heart if I don't see results.

Honey you have to stop the mindset of "hoping" a diet plan any diet plan will change things. You have to change that mental approach to this. Yes you will get quick weightloss on cd or any vlcd if you stick to it. However, once your get to target whatever that magic number in weight or dress size is, it your mind set does not change the weight will come back. I am proof of that and i am still on a knofe's edge learning all the time. I sincerely don't wish to sound harsh and uncaring I'm not I just don't want to see you or others fail. I don't want people to,spend months years like me messing around and losing and regaining weight. Don't "hope" do it you can you've tried reads Gg's she describes well the hell of it. Prepare yourself mentally so you can challenge any wavering moments you may have either during vlcd journey or afterwards. I'm trying to challenge my wavering moments frequently and probably forever. X

Honey you have to stop the mindset of "hoping" a diet plan any diet plan will change things. You have to change that mental approach to this. Yes you will get quick weightloss on cd or any vlcd if you stick to it. However, once your get to target whatever that magic number in weight or dress size is, it your mind set does not change the weight will come back. I am proof of that and i am still on a knofe's edge learning all the time. I sincerely don't wish to sound harsh and uncaring I'm not I just don't want to see you or others fail. I don't want people to,spend months years like me messing around and losing and regaining weight. Don't "hope" do it you can you've tried reads Gg's she describes well the hell of it. Prepare yourself mentally so you can challenge any wavering moments you may have either during vlcd journey or afterwards. I'm trying to challenge my wavering moments frequently and probably forever. X

I totally get what you mean, I really do need to sort the head out, I don't no really where to start with that. I've been dieting for 15 years and I've never lost more than a stone maybe two on a good stint but I always assume once I've lost weight all my problems will magically disappear and I don't know how i'm going to cope when it doesn't.

I feel really hungry tonight and I tried a mousse mix with a butterscotch shake but It was grim, it was powdery and the gelatine lumped up but I did it in my blender so might have to give it another go.

Off to bed soon as I am cream crackered

I can confirm that weight loss sadly doesn't wave a magic wand over the rest of your life but it does generally mean better clothes!

Kira is right - And at this stage, I wouldn't even think about this in terms of losing 14 stone. I'd consider losing a stone and set my stats to reflect this. And then... another target of another stone etc and so on and so forth. I think you could be under 20 stone easy pips by the time February is out... and that'd be good wouldn't it? We are usually always around when you're having a weak moment anyway for moral support.

I'm usually on and off forum throughout the day as it helps me even when I'm not wavering but especially when I am! Imitt prepare mentally for doing the vlcd and the bigger picture of longterm and you will achieve the results you want. As GG says small steps are better. I'm not advocating 'cheating' ion cd but if you find you have slipped or chosen to eat then don't eat any more as that's what got you overweight in the first place. Mentally prepare to get straight back on track. You'll have to,do that when you reach your magic target number in any event.

Also have a long chat with your husband and explain how you feel and you need his full support to do this. We're here for you. Also start thinking about Christmas. Are you going to cd all the way through the festive period or will you eat something and avoid carbs etc. start planning now. Use my fitness pal. If I knew all of this when I first started vlcd years ago I'd bee maintaining. I just didn't plan mentally pr physically. X

Back