IMITT!!!

celtgirl

Hi everyone. I have been dabbling on minimins for a few years on and off now, and have several diaries dotted around the place. I have been put off by lack of support and generally giving up too easily. However as the old saying goes "a winner never quits and a quitter never wins".

I am 25 and weigh in at 17stone 6. I have lost a tad bit, my heaviest being 18st. I have always been big. well actually I havent, but for some reason I have it in my head that I was always big. i began to put on weight when I was a teenager, but even when in primary school I always hid myself as I thought I was fat..in reality there wasnt a pick on me! I then met the love of my life and we both put on even more weight. I suffered for 3 years with undiagnosed gallstones due to radical fad diets (silly me) and got down to 13stone 11. however as soon as my gallbladder was whipped out i piled on the pounds again as I was left with horrendous back pain. I then found out I had a few back problems which I am working on at the moment, it is a lot better. I love the idea of this thread as sometimes i can feel out of place among those who have 2 stone and under to lose! I am looking forward to getting to know you all and swapping support and tips.

I am joining the local gym either tomorrow or thursday which TERRIFIES me. really just going to make myself go but atm I have serious gym fear!

like most of you I have tried every diet, every slimming club. and in the last 2 months I have been in 3 different slimming clubs I have FINALLY hit my "enough is enough" button. the lightswitch has been flicked, I have hit rock bottom and the only way is up!

wendy

Welcome to WeMitts!
Lovely to have another new face on here!
I feel that there isn't anything I can say or feel that someone else on here hasn't actually experienced themselves... it feels 'safe'!
I wish you every success with this endeavour determination and never giving up are the only ways to go... We are in it for the long haul!

I look forward to reading more of your posts!

Hi and welcome. This section of the forum has been fantastic for me. I thought I was the only person this size as it were and then I came here and realised others hare more to lose, understood how that felt and were even getting there. I get little to no support away from here so this place as been a rock for me. I am not judged for being the size I was when I joined and I got lots of advice and tips. So your defiantly in the right place.

Welcome to the forum, again! It can be really daunting to need to lose weight so much weight, I still feel it! I just keep focused on the end result, which has meant I have stayed on track 100% this week. It can be so easy to fall off the wagon (and get dragged along for a while), but if that happens, you just get straight back on asap!

Thanks so much guys. Im already getting more support from you then the previous threads! Hope I can be here for you all to offer support. cannot WAIT to get out of the 17s. need to eat breakfast though, its a bit ridiculous. I know how important it is but just have not been making the effort!
Today i have had:
Goats cheese and tomato salad with balsamic vinegar...i took the photo half way through 120cals:p
salt and chilli prawns and boiled rice (homemade). 500kcals View attachment 99957
vitalinia youghrt. 50kcals
small glass of merlot 143 kcals
handful of cherries cherries
cottage cheese on cucumber
options mint ht choc

will try harder tomorrow! only ate roughly900 kcals today. I dont want to go too low as muy metabolism will crawl along. the OH made the prawns they were shallow fried and i really didnt want to eat them. they were lovely though.
did 3 hours walking today (not on purpose haha) so that well and truely counts as a workout, feet killing me!

lorny your hair is BEAUTIFUL! miss my blue hair. faded so quickly though.

i will be staying in my mams tomorrow so i will update on saturday

Last edited:
oh i love feta cheese ohhh yes and a nice salad i must get more in aldi here i come

I'm going to use MFP i think. slimming clubs are extremely useful for some people but i dont think they work for me, they make me overthink food and i start to become a bit obsessive about what im having. this is day 5. having a few drinks in the sunshine later, hpe it doesnt add up to too much! lets see how it goes! thanks for all your support, it really means an awful lot. can't wait to get to know you all.

celt
good luck and hope you have a good loss

well I had a great weekend and stuck to my calories so im chuffed with that. really feel very positive about this change. mind you, i did eat unhealily today as I had a picnic. heres my day

breakfast: 2 slices toast with peanut butter(360)
snack:pear low fat youghrt (60)
lunch (picnic) 2 thigh pieces KFC (500cals)
2cups coffee (60)
jalfrazi koftas with boiled rice (600)
activia youghrt (119)
so i had roughly 1500 calories today. which is good. i didnt eat healithy but considering it was a big family picnic with tons of people and TONS of food, i think i did ok, considering i said no to all the cakes, choclate, onion bhajis, crisps etc etc. i take that as a win!

Thanks so much chezz, this site really helps. going to pop over to your diary now!

your welcome love
oh you had a nice day xx

so i forced myself to the gym. nervous all the way down but everyone was really friendly and the pools look great. all the exercise classes are free too. i have a fitness assessment tomorrow and am SO NERVOUS i have literally no fitness level! oh well.

lol celt bless you have a good day tomorrow at the gym xx

I had a great day today! went to the dr's (get depression on and off) and she switched my meds. also sent to physio for my back (calcified spine) and got the all clear for the gym. still SUPER nervous about my fitness assesment in the gym...anyone know what to expect?
heres my food for the day

skipped breakfast AGAIN (doh!)
Snack: 3 oatcakes with nutella (200cals)
Lunch leftover jalfrenzi kofta (homemade) in a wholegrain pitta with peppers (280cals) 2013-07-22 16.59.49.jpg2013-07-22 22.12.45.jpg
Dinner: duck stir fry (skinless) with beansprots peppers and mushrooms (550 cals)
Dessert: Fruit and youghrt (266 cals)
Total=1296

delighted with my day today. i over estimated my dinner a bit as i didn't actually eat all of it. wish me luck for tomorrow! weigh in on thursday can't wait!
thanks chezz! how are you doing?

Last edited:
hi celt
im doing good today soon as im back here it slots together food wise great still not done my dvd but soon as this horrid humid weather goes away i will saying that if its cool tonight i might get some sleep

glad dr gave you all clear and good luck for this week love xx

something unbelievable happened. I, wendy, did a workout in a gym. not at home, not aqua fit, but a REAL GYM. and whats even more surprising is I ENJOYED IT! yes the things I feared were there- the bodybuiding mirror watchers, the 8st gym bunnies/models and even the people who gave me a 2nd glance as I walked in the door due to my weight. but I gave myself a good talking too before I went in. I no longer need to apologise for my weight, I no longer need to feel like i should walk past the "beautiful" people trying not to be noticed. If they think somethuing about me IT DOES NOT MATTER. thats a huge step for me to learn. From now on I will love my body for the way it is now, not hate it for what it isint.

I did a good workout with a great personal trainer who weighed me and told me what to do/how to use everything and was super friendly. he said he will change my fitness goals in 5 weeks so will really try to get fitter and stronger. I assumed I would come out of the gym crying or feeling embarrassed (im very socially awkward) but instead i couldnt stop smiling. delighted.

food for the day

cereal with milk
didnt have time for lunch (oops)
Huge dinner of chilli nachos in mexican restaurant over 1000cals eekk!
Mullerlight youghrt

Last edited:
hi celt

oh wow thats great news love im over thwe moon for you good on you when i get to my 18st im going to take swimming up and hope to be like you sod them all :D

exactly, you should do it now! your beautiful just as you are!

aww thankyou sweetheart thats so lovely
and so are you hun xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx ((((((hhugs))))))))))))))

Hi hun, just read through your diary :) what an awesome start! ! Hubby really wants me to go back to the gym with him so maybe i will try harder! I once went to the gym and stayed on the bike way longer than my knee could cope with because I was paranoid about what 2 gym bunnies behind me thought!!

Back